News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF integration wrapping? issue

Started by glasschalice, June 09, 2008, 10:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

I was looking at that already, and no, there is nothing revealing there.

There is something I want to try as a test, but I'll do that on my own.  Until then, I am ata loss as to why the integration takes up so much RAM.

Something I have done in the past is copied the HTML output of the bridge page into the forum template, and then used it unwrapped.

glasschalice

Ok.... I can tweak just about anything on the server as long as I have instructions on how to do it.  Will troubleshooting this issue give you data to help with future programming or support?  I'd feel bad about taking up your time if this isn't going to help anyone but me.

Orstio

Well, it has helped me determine things that don't work...

glasschalice

Sometimes that's half the battle!

glasschalice

Orstio,

I have a different domain on a different server than the one we've been talking about.  I needed to have e107 and smf loaded on this new domain.  I thought I could use it to test out some of the issues that I was having with the wrapping issue on the domain we've been talking about in this thread.

I've loaded e107 without any issues.  www.webbergroup.com
I've loaded smf without any issues.  www.webbergroup.com/smf

When I try to load the smf bridge to e107 it loads in the e107 control panel but when I click on the configure link to configure the bridge I get a 500 server error.  I tried loading the bridge as a zip file through the e107 control panel and also tried just uploading the files through ftp.  It loaded the bridge just fine both ways but when I try to use the configure link in e107 I get the 500 server error each time.

Here's the 500 error message I'm getting:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Here's what is in my server log as errors:

[Thu Jun 26 16:23:38 2008] [error] [client 67.168.134.69] File does not exist: /home/treehstn/public_html/500.shtml
[Thu Jun 26 16:23:38 2008] [error] [client 67.168.134.69] Premature end of script headers: /home/treehstn/public_html/e107_plugins/smf/admin_smf_config.php
SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/home/treehstn/public_html/e107_plugins" is writeable by group

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Orstio

Quote[Thu Jun 26 16:23:38 2008] [error] [client 67.168.134.69] Premature end of script headers: /home/treehstn/public_html/e107_plugins/smf/admin_smf_config.php

Is there a line number attached to that error?

Orstio

I have no idea then.   The file looks fine in my editor.

glasschalice

Orstio,

Since my sites really aren't up to speed yet with e107... I did some reading on the other CMS available.  I'm not opposed to using something other than e107.  Might this be a good time to try Mambo instead?

glasschalice

I figured out what the server errors were about.  The web host server required a bunch of the smf plugin directories to be only user writeable.  As soon as I changed the permissions I didn't get the error messages any more.

I've loaded the smf bridge and was able to use the configure link in e107 to give it the path and select wrapped.  But it's not working.  The user tables aren't connected...  I have to login separately into smf to get to the forum.

Orstio

Your bridge is also not displaying anything:

http://www.webbergroup.com/e107_plugins/smf/smf.php

Are you sure you got the path correct?

glasschalice

If I give it the path of /public_html/smf/ nothing shows up.  If I tell it  ../smf/ then the forum link works but it's not wrapped and it's not using the bridge.

Orstio

The bridge configuration needs a FULL ABSOLUTE path, not a relative path, and not just from the public_html folder.

This would be an absolute path:

/home/treehstn/public_html/smf

glasschalice

Touchdown!!!

So it's displaying the forum wrapped but on this server it's also cutting off the bottom part of the forum.  I'm going to go take out those lines for the forum header and see if that makes any difference....

glasschalice

This is interesting.... I started turning off the menus in Area 1.  Each time I turned off a menu more of the forum showed up. 

glasschalice

My host just upped the php ram to 128 mb and increased the maximum execution time limit on php.  Neither had any effect.  They'd like to know if you have any other ideas on what they can tweak that might help....

Orstio

It's the buffer that's flushing prematurely.  As you turn off menu areas, the buffer size decreases, so more of the forum gets displayed before it gets flushed.

There has to be a way to increase the buffer size.

glasschalice

Here's some info on buffer size tweaks... it's for phpbb but might be relevant here?  If you search 'buffer' you'll find it.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=135383&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45

glasschalice

My host just said:

There was a limit set on output_buffer. I have changed this to just "On" which should allow for an unlimited buffer size.

It didn't change anything.

Advertisement: