News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

language files did not get updated

Started by Fox420, June 10, 2008, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox420

On the front page of the Administration panel I can check the Forum Versions. "Language files" shows up in red. When I upgraded to smf 1.1.5, everything seemed like it went well. But I now see that I have these errors in the log.

I downloaded the latest language files and extracted them manually. I did "english". And it worked! They both now show version 1.1.5.

However I then did "english-utf8" and it did not work. It still shows it at version 1.1 for the "Modsettings.english-utf8.php". And version 1.1.2 for the "index.english-utf8.php"

It also shows this:

Arcade.english-utf8.php (Your Version:?? Current Version:??)  (And this is Permissions 666 in File Manager)
ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php (Your Version:?? Current Version:??)  (This is also Permission 666 in File Manager)

and

Arcade.english.php  (Your Version:2.0.12  Current Version:??)  (Permissions on everything else is 755)
ArcadeAdmin.english.php   (Your Version 2.0.8   Current Version:??) (File Manager Permission: 755)

Related to that is this:

I have one member who says that he does not see the word "Arcade" on that top bar of the forum. This also happened to me when I first set up the site. But I found out that I had to change the Forum Language to "English" from "English-UTF8" under the Admin ->
Server Settings ->  Default Language.

And everytime i logged in I had to make the change from English-uft8 to English in order to see the "Arcade". (I finally just created a new account. That fixed it. Will he have to do the same?).

So that's the story. I'll end with a couple examples of the error messages that I see in the error log. All of them are attributed to that one poster who doesn't see the "Arcade" option:

8: Undefined index: arcade
File: /home/foxva4/public_html/forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 535

File: /home/foxva4/public_html/forum/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/foxva4/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php (eval?)

How do I fix these errors and get the Arcade versions to match each other? Thanks for your help!

Fox420

By the way, my smf arcade is ver 2.0.13. And that's how it reads at the bottom of the page.

And My Mod Packages reads:

1. SMF Arcade PM Switch 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. SMF Arcade 2.0.13   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

It works fine. I just have those language file errors, and one person who can't see the Arcade when he logs in.

So i'd like to get that fixed. Thanks again!

Rumbaar

Well if you are using only English on your forum, you can go into your settings and turn off the ability for others to choose their own language.  This will force everyone to the current Server Settings default language.

The reason why other might be having issues is that their accounts are still set to English-utf8 (this is the reason you were having the issues as well).

If you set it to this, then you shouldn't have to worry about the -utf8 languages.  Also the custom mod specific languages are not part of the core SMF languages so it doesn't know what to check.  Hence the ??? marks, you need not worry about those either for your 1.1.5 forum.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: