News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Community Name

Started by morzine, June 12, 2008, 08:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morzine

I'm very sorry for such a basic question, but when I installed my new forum I initially gave it an appropriate name (rather than My Community) but when the first submission of the install form didn't work and I had to try again it obviously reset the name to My Community, while I was changing the other set up inputs, and now I seem to be stuck with it!!
After the install process is complete is there any way to go back and change the overall name of the community?

Help! I don't want to start configuring my boards until I know I don't have to start again with the install. But I can't find anywhere in Admin to change the name!
Many thanks for any help you can give

:)

NickC

Admin -> Server Settings -> Core Configuration -> Forum Title

N3RVE

Hello morzine and welcome to SMF ;)
We're glad that you succesfully setup your SMF powered forum.
As NickC ;) stated,
In the Admin Control Panel -> Server Settings -> Core Configuration ->
"Forum Title", the new forum title should be entered into the corresponding field after which you should scroll to the bottom and apply the changes by clicking "Save".

As an Administrator, it's good to get familiar with the Administration Center, and the entire SMF systm. Feel free to browse through the Online Manual, it has virtually everything to get you going :)
Once again, We Welcome you to the team.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

morzine

Thank you both very much. I tried to look in the manual but couldn't find it. I think I panicked! :-[

N3RVE

Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: