News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Green Ornamental

Started by Tamuril, June 11, 2008, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamuril

Link to the theme

Green, black and white theme. This theme was made with musical, artistic, or creative website content in mind. It includes English buttons and design-related images.

Version: 1.1.5
File Type: Zip
Base: Classic SMF Theme

License: This theme is free to use as long as my copyright remains intact. Please PM me or visit my website for information and pricing on copyright removal, exclusive rights, original PSD downloads, modifications, and full custom SMF forum theme design.

Visit my website for more free SMF forum themes.

Demo: http://forum.weblamp.net/index.php?theme=14

Troubleshooting

If you find the theme does not display properly, please manually adjust your theme path settings.

1. Open admin and go to Themes and Layouts.
2. Select Themes and Settings from the top menu.
3. Click on theme title link (in this case, Green Ornamental.)
4. Under Themes URLs and Configuration there are three url paths. Replace classic with THEME%NAME for both the images and directory urls.
5. Go down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
6. The theme should now display properly!

If the English buttons are not showing up-- or rather, showing up as text-- perform the following tasks:

1. Open your forum.
2. Right-click on one of the images that shows up as text. Click Properties.
3. Note the image path url. It is most likely Themes/THEME%NAME/images/english/, but if you are installing for a different language it will be Themes/THEME%NAME/images/OTHER%LANGUAGE/
4. Using your preferred FTP software:
  a) Copy the files from Themes/THEME%NAME/images/english/
  b) Into Themes/THEME%NAME/images/OTHER%LANGUAGE/
5. That should do the trick!

Hoochie Coochie Man

İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Apllicmz

pp08

it doesnt work with my forum i have 1.1.5 yet it does not work please let me know why so i can fix it

Tamuril

Thanks Hoochie Coochie Man and joomlamz for the comments!

Minare

Tamuril

Cariad

Many Thanks for this stunning theme, i am thrilled to bits with it.

But i have one tiny problem, how do i add  extra buttons to the navigation bar please?

For example: Forum, Gallery, Blog, Arcade etc...

I did attempt to look at the index.template bit but got a bit overwhelmed with all the code  :(

Hoochie Coochie Man

Hımm, the theme is using images for buttons.
You should request a button from author.
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

memyselfandI

Love the theme but for some reason I can't get the button images to show. even after correcting the urls

here is a pic of what shows on my forum

Nequil

nice theme, but fix the buttons.

Hoochie Coochie Man

Quote from: memyselfandI on July 30, 2008, 01:20:35 PM
Love the theme but for some reason I can't get the button images to show. even after correcting the urls

Right click the menu texts and see the button directory.
So edit your buttons way with that direct.
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

memyselfandI

Quote from: Hoochie Coochie Man on July 30, 2008, 07:12:30 PM
Quote from: memyselfandI on July 30, 2008, 01:20:35 PM

Right click the menu texts and see the button directory.
So edit your buttons way with that direct.

don't know how to edit my buttons way - is there a dummy approach - sorry

Hoochie Coochie Man

Are you using utf-8?
Can you give me a site link plase?
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Antechinus

Very beautiful theme there. It'd be great with TP and a multicolour option.  ;)

d0brin

this theme doesnt work on my 1.1.5 forum ... why it show like regular phpbb theme ....

Confusimo

It doesn't work for me either.  The I noticed that my paths were wrong.  It said themes/classic and not greenornamental2.  I just edited the paths and now all is well.

Tamuril

To anyone currently using this theme, please read the following message:

Google has dropped me from search results because they claim that my footer links in the SMF templates are artificially inflating pagerank. In order to resolve this issue I must send messages to all forum owners and request that they make modifications to the links in the forum.

If you are using my theme, please locate my links (between lines 300-310) of index.template.php and add rel="nofollow" inside the link tags.

Here is the current coding:

<a href="http://www.tamurilart.com/free-stuff/smf-forum-themes/">Free SMF 1.1.5 Forum Theme</a> by <a href="http://www.tamurilart.com/">Tamuril</a>

Please replace with:

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.tamurilart.com/free-stuff/smf-forum-themes/">Free SMF Theme</a> by <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.tamurilart.com/">Tamuril</a>

I will be writing individual forum owners about the matter, but I thought it was best to post about the issue here as well. Thanks for your time!

brandonroy

Will this work on SMF 2.0 RC1-1 ?? I like it!

Tamuril

Hey there, I'm glad you like the theme. Unfortunately, I do not offer a version for 2.0. I hope you find something that suits your forum. Best of luck to you!

Advertisement: