Advanced Footer Mod

Started by Matthew K., January 23, 2010, 10:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Notepad++ can easily handle both UTF-8 and non UTF-8 (I forget exactly which encoding Cyrillic is but recent N++ can handle it)

Failing that you can always transcode it using a short PHP script invoking iconv to transcode the strings.

Inv_Trdr

The error was it was not compatible with my version. I am on 1.1.11, the latest. Where do I un-install it from and try to upload again? Which version of the mod do I download?
Passion for Trading

tRu3_sKiTz0

Hey all! I just installed this mod and was wondering if there is anything that I have to set up to make this work? I clicked on the WAp option for this forum and I get a basic list of topics but when I click that option on MY forum it just goes blank. Is there something I should be doing on the server side of my site or should this be automatic?

Matthew K.

I am a little confused as to your problem, tRu3_sKiTz0.

Matthew K.

I apologize, but, Advanced Footer Mod is not compatible with any 1.1x version.
Quote from: Inv_Trdr on April 20, 2010, 03:47:35 PM
The error was it was not compatible with my version. I am on 1.1.11, the latest. Where do I un-install it from and try to upload again? Which version of the mod do I download?

tRu3_sKiTz0

Sorry, have been busy and totally forgot about this mod all together. So the problem I am having is that I have no idea how to set up a wap or an imode or whatever. I have the mod installed and it works fine except when I go to any of the options besides no wap and rss, I get a blank screen and that's it. Do I have to set a WAP database?

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay I have been checking my error logs recently to try to identify a pesky little 404 error and I came across some other errors. It is with this mod and the wap and imode links. They seem to be directing to pages not found. I have tried this a couple times and didn't realize what the problem is until now. It just isn't finding the wap and wap2 and imode pages do I need to set those up separately or am I having another weird error? If I can't get this to work then I will be forced to remove it and I would really like to have this feature on my forum. Please help.

Matthew K.

Well, try diagnosing the issue.

If you go to wap and wap and imode, do they work, period? Without following a link?
If not, it's an issue with your forum.

If it's a path issue, simply open index.template.php and change the href paths from current to the correct paths.

Or, I can give you the edit to remove those three?
Labradoodle-360

tRu3_sKiTz0

Quote from: LabradoodleIf you go to wap and wap and imode, do they work, period? Without following a link?
If not, it's an issue with your forum.

Can you explain that? How do I go into wap mode without following a link?

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay I guess the issue I'm having is with tinyportal(go figure) and I can go to imode, wap and wap2 by typing a different link than where the advanced footer links go to.

Here is the link that AF takes you to:
index.php?action=forum?imode

And here is the one that works for me:
index.php?action=forum;imode

This may become an issue for automatic redirection when using cell phones or whatever but that is why I like your mod. Because it adds them to the page for selection. What I need to do is change the links in AF by replace the question mark with a semicolon. I am going to try to mess with it but if you know off the top of your head what to edit please post it thanks!

EDIT: When I point my browser to www.siteurl/forum/?wap I get the wap  version of my site. The same goes for imode wap2 and nowap. I hope that helps. I just want to point the links to the right place.

Matthew K.

./Themes/default/index.template.php
Code (Find) Select

<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
</ul>

', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_text_transform']) ? '<ul class="reset" style="text-transform: lowercase;">' : '<ul class="reset">', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_imode']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_imode" href="'. $scripturl. '?imode" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_imode']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_xhtml']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="'. $txt['valid_xhtml']. '"><span>'. $txt['xhtml']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_rss']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>' : '', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap" href="'. $scripturl . '?wap" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['adv_footer_mod_wap']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap2']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap2" href="'. $scripturl. '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['wap2']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_no_wap']) ? '' : '<li class="last"><a id="button_nowap" href="'. $scripturl. '?nowap" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_no_wap']. '</span></a></li>', '
</ul>';

Code (Replace) Select

<ul class="reset">
</ul>

', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_text_transform']) ? '<ul class="reset" style="text-transform: lowercase;">' : '<ul class="reset">', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_imode']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_imode" href="'. $scripturl. ';imode" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_imode']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_xhtml']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="'. $txt['valid_xhtml']. '"><span>'. $txt['xhtml']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_rss']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>' : '', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap" href="'. $scripturl . ';wap" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['adv_footer_mod_wap']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap2']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap2" href="'. $scripturl. ';wap2" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['wap2']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_no_wap']) ? '' : '<li class="last"><a id="button_nowap" href="'. $scripturl. '?nowap" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_no_wap']. '</span></a></li>', '
</ul>';/code]

tRu3_sKiTz0

Im still getting 404 errors and when I click on the links the take me to

www.website/index.php;wap2

and not

www.website/index.php?action=forum;wap2 <----- this is where they need to go.

Matthew K.

./Themes/default/index.template.php
Code (Find) Select

<ul class="reset">
      </ul>

', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_imode']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_imode" href="'. $scripturl. ';imode" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_imode']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
         ', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap" href="'. $scripturl . ';wap" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['adv_footer_mod_wap']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
         ', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap2']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap2" href="'. $scripturl. ';wap2" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['wap2']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
      </ul>';

Code (Replace) Select

<ul class="reset">
      </ul>

', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_imode']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_imode" href="'. $scripturl. '?action=forum;imode" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_imode']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
         ', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap" href="'. $scripturl . '?action=forum;wap" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['adv_footer_mod_wap']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
         ', !empty($modSettings['adv_footer_mod_hide_wap2']) ? '' : '<li><a id="button_wap2" href="'. $scripturl. '?action=forum;wap2" class="new_win"><span>'. $txt['wap2']. '</span></a>'. $txt['adv_footer_mod_divider']. '</li>', '
      </ul>';

tRu3_sKiTz0

Matthew K.

Not a problem, happy I could help. :)

Markco

Please updated for 2.0Gold

Thank's
Sorry, I use the on-line translator ("Reverso") French / English

Matthew K.

This mod is currently up for grabs, and I am no longer developing it.

Advertisement: