Ad Revenue Sharing Mod 1.3

Started by brianjw, June 14, 2008, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

This mod has been taken over by brianjw. KarlBenson was the original creator of this mod.

AD REVENUE SHARING MOD 1.3
By Brianjw

Link to Mod | Support Topic | Donate

Compatibility
For SMF 1.1.X (1.1.2 through 1.1.5)
It will not work for ANY earlier versions.

Introduction
Adds the ability for your members to add their own ads to your forum and be able to make their money on your forum which will attract many visitors. There is also permissions and admin settings that allow you to set the percentage of how much the ads will show for each membergroup. This way it will keep people from registering, posting once or no times and then leaving their ad.

This is a very advanced new feature! See for yourself!

Features
o List coming soon!
- Taken over by brianjw.

Installation
Any previous versions of this mod MUST be uninstalled BEFORE installing this version UNLESS we have an upgrade package [we currently don't].

Simply install the package to install on the SMF Default Core Theme ONLY. In 1.4 we plan to add the ability to install for babylon, classic, and the current default.

Manual edits will be required for ALL themes (other than SMF Default Core Theme). Instructions are coming very soon!

If your website has a different language then english, you will have to manually edit the ManageArs.english.php and translate it to your language and then save "as" as ManageArs.{language}.php

Useful Links
SMF Package Parser
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Donate
Has this modification helped you? Support the developer by Donating

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification. Uninvited PM's for support will be ignored.

Changelog
o XHTML Errors have been fixed.
o Taken over by brianjw.
o Previous versions of this mod are no longer supported. To get support please update to the latest version!
o Fixes adsense channel not saving
1.1 - FIXES
o Alters Text-Link-Ads referrals links (since they've changed them)
o Allows Adsense id's starting ca-pub aswell as pub-

Are you having trouble with the adsense channel id NOT saving? Click here to solve it!

Mo786

brianjw

I'll get a demo and some screenshots up as soon as possible.

chadon

I have been using this mod for a while until I upgraded my forum to the version 2.0 today and I receive errors when I try to install it. Would this mod work if I install it manually?

brianjw

This mod isn't compatible with SMF 2.0 yet.

Sickthing

Hi Brian, glad to see someone has grabbed this.  I wish I knew how.  LOL  :)  I need some help understanding the instruction for the mod.

The file edits are only required for themes other than the default core theme?
Can I use the instructions and change the path and edit my theme to make this work?  Is that almost certainly going to fail?

Thanks

chadon

Thanks for taking over Karlbenson's mod. If you need a tester for this, let me know.
Sickthing, if you are not using SMF 2.0 there is no reason it wouldn't work with other themes.

brianjw

@Sickthing: No, unfortunately you will not be able to do that. I am making a quick update today to make this install on babylon and classic as well as the default theme on installation of this mod. :)

Sickthing

Okay, then I guess I will go with a simple install an build on to it as I make money.  Once you mod helps me do that, I'll hire you or someone else to build one that will work with a nice custom theme. :)  People wont mind plain so much if they can make money by posting. :)  I'm glad your working on it that gives me hope.

PrizeLive.com

I just installed this mod on the default theme on a 1.1.5 forum.

However, when I try to enter in my adsense ID and channel, and click Save, it doesn't save. It just loads the page back to how it was as if nothing was entered.

What can I do to fix it?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Sickthing

Hey Brian, you still with us?  Didn't get that update out yet?  No big deal I can use default theme. :)

brianjw

Sorry, I've been away for a while. I never did get to the update unfortunately. I should have something out soon hopefully.

MoneyTalkPro.com, the database doesn't look like it's installed. Did you install in Package Manager?

tflnetwork

When will the instructions on being able to mod it to work with different themes be out?

brianjw

You can always get the instructions by going to http://www.gamerzgarage.com/package.php, uploading this mods package and then selecting your SMF version, install, and then choose theme edits only.

tflnetwork

http://www.webmasterlifeforum.com/index.php [nofollow]

They aren't even showing up for me. I am using the default theme now.

tflnetwork

I think its because i am getting this error when trying to install it:

4.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed

I don't have any other mods for ads either.

brianjw

Did you try to manually install by using the Package Parser?

If you have trouble, attach your index.template.php and I will set it up for you. :)

Sickthing

Brian, was going to install this today but I'm a bit confused.  Do I upload the unzipped package to the site and then run install.php?  I keep seeing the references to smf package parser which is for manual installs?  Is it one of these or both?  Why would anyone choose to do  it manually unless they just enjoy pain?   :)

Sickthing

i tried running the install.php.  That didn't work.  installing manually seems a bit painful. :  But that's what I'll do if I must.  I don't really find any instructions other than the manual one.  If I can install via the install file, where should I upload it too?

ArkServer

didn't work for me also.

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArsAds.php    
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArsTla.php    
5.    Extract File    ./Sources/ManageArs.php    
6.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ManageArs.template.php    
7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageArs.english.php    

site: www.javaforums.net