Email and news letter sending issue

Started by flyer222, June 15, 2008, 09:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyer222

Yesterday I searched the community to find if any other postings on my Email issue was on the Site and found none!

I see however, there is a recent post about registration Email not sending where at one point I had the same problem but that seems to have vanished for now on my site. But, my issue is somewhat different, I have been sending out newsletters now over the last 2 months since I installed 2.0, and where I am now getting complaints that message headers are making it to some but the Subject line and body are blank.
I am not sure how many are affected but I do know that some are getting the full message and other not.

Anyone have any thoughts or similar problems that know of a fix?

Thanks in advance

H

Do the people have problems have any common factor such as ISP or mail client?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

flyer222

I thougth of that too, but there are several ISP's involved, AOL is the most common of course but I know that some AOL members get the complete message where others don't. I see someone else posted an e-mail issue after mine was posted, seems to be a simular issue perhaps. I checked the queue in my mail settings weeks ago also and it is set to -0-.
So still baffled.

flyer222

OK I tried to send another batch of notices today via news letter and by chance I thought about looking in the error messages and found the following. I guess I didn't notice before since there are always a lot of wrong password messages surrounding them and got deleted with out seeing them.

Undefined index: parse_html
public_html/board/themes/default/managenews.template.php (eval?) line 258

Undefined index: send_html
public_html/board/themes/default/managenews.template.php (eval?) line 257

Undefined index:message
public_html/board/themes/default/managenews.template.php (eval?) line 253

undefined index:subject
public_html/board/themes/default/managenews.template.php (eval?) line 252

Any clues on what to do to fix this issue.

Thanks

flyer222

Another problem I see which could be part of the situation is in the default template. I notice in the version information its showing everything up to date except current template is still 1.1 then further recent_template php is the file which hasn't updated.

Is there a fix for this as all current downloads off your site have the same file in it.

Any other ideas about the other above notations on errors.

Rumbaar

What theme are you using in the 2.x forum, and is it fully compatible with 2.x?  Also what language are you using on your forum and has it been fully updated to the SMF 2.x language strings?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: