How to Uninstall all mods ... Uninstal button not visible in packages section

Started by iceman~, June 15, 2008, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman~

I guess i messed up again ....

I have a couple of mods installed but i do not get the uninstall link ( button ) for some of them ...
What should i do guys ?

Whenever i try to uninstall some packages it says

This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!
Please contact the mod author for more information.

Attaching a pic ... Please help at the earliest.

Thanks ...
A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey

SwapsRulez

Hi there, which version of SMF you are running ?
by the way, it can happen if you have installed the MOD's that are not belonging to the version you've installed.
you need to click on advanced link there in the right bottom of MOD's list. & emulate the SMF version there for which you want to uninstall the MOD.
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

iceman~

Thanks for the quick reply ...
Did that mate ... but ;)

If i go to installed packages and click on uninstall ... i get the following error.

This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!
Please contact the mod author for more information.

Is there anyway to remove all Mods and start installing them again ?

SwapsRulez

You might have deleted the package files from Packages directory.
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

iceman~

Its ok i sorted it out ... reinstalled smf ..
Sorry for all the trouble SwapsRulez .. & ... Thanks a lot mate.

SwapsRulez

Quote from: iceman~ on June 15, 2008, 04:44:18 PM
Its ok i sorted it out ... reinstalled smf ..
Sorry for all the trouble SwapsRulez .. & ... Thanks a lot mate.

No Problem mate, mark your thread solved. So that others can understand if your problem is solved or not! ;)

iceman~

Wokay another problem ... LOL
I reinstalled smf but now when ever i try to upload a package ( mod ) ... It says that the mod already exist, where as it actually does not ...
Any help guys .. ? ... Installed packages show mods that haven't been installed, they were installed previously.
What would be the right way to reinstall a fresh copy without any mods at all ?

Sorry but thought it would be better not to start another topic, so posted it here ( since the problem is linked ).

SwapsRulez

I think you've reinstalled it over the same directory & same database. Otherwise you haven't deleted the previous files.
Make sure the directory is empty & you've created a new database that is empty. Also installed a new forum without copying it from old one.
I'll prefer deleting the old directory & old database. Make a new database. & start it over ;)

iceman~

Thanks for the reply mate ...
Need to maintain my members and post along with attachments uploaded ...
How do i do that ?

SwapsRulez

Quote from: iceman~ on June 16, 2008, 08:31:04 AM
Thanks for the reply mate ...
Need to maintain my members and post along with attachments uploaded ...
How do i do that ?

You may have to restore the old board & then using any package parser, uninstall the old mods manually. After that delete then from the list of MODS.
You are now without any MODs. After that you can install the MODS if you want. ;)

iceman~

Wokay .... dons .. phew finally ...

Thanks for all your help SwapsRulez ...

This topics solved ..

Advertisement: