News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

DS-Natural

Started by Bikken, June 15, 2008, 03:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennis4you

I downloaded the DS Natural theme which is great.  But how can I change the logo at the top?  I right click it to see what the image is so that I can replace it but the browser does not give me an option to see it's image settings.

iGraphiX

Quote from: ArkServer on July 10, 2008, 12:27:51 PM
I noticed from someone on this forums that told me that the "Did you miss your activation email?" is not displayed properly. Do you know how i can change it so that it shows the text entirely? hxxp:www.javaforums.net [nonactive] thanks!

In the CSS file of the theme, above this:

#userarea a:link, #userarea a:visited {
color: #b43c01;
}

Modify the user area properties like this:

#userarea {
text-align: center;
padding: 3px 0;
color: #555;
}

Then both lines will fit in that space and you don't have to do anything else, the theme will remain as it is, no need to modify other parameters that might have impact on the whole layout.

brandonroy

I absolutely love this theme. But I'd like to ask you one or two questions on how I could get something done with this theme.

I want to add a "new "topic" button to the forum so users can see it better. But I don't know how to add it. I made this image in photoshop to show you what I'm trying to do!

ORIGINAL:

I want to add a button like this:

Goatie

Just finished testing it with SMF 1.1.7 and it seems to work flawlessly. Great work Bikken :)

@brandonroy
I think you have to put it in MessageIndex.template.php somewhere. I don't know where yet because I'm still playing around with a few things in there myself. I'll send you a PM if I ever figure it out.

dillon

Beautiful theme!

When I change the logo, the background becomes darker and it doesn't blend with the rest of the theme.  What could I be doing wrong?

Bikken

Quote from: dillon on December 16, 2008, 09:10:08 PM
Beautiful theme!

When I change the logo, the background becomes darker and it doesn't blend with the rest of the theme.  What could I be doing wrong?

When you saved it, did you use "save for web"? If so, try saving it as a jpg. Just remember to change the image type in style.css (#logo) as well.

Bikken

Theme updated for SMF 2.0 RC3

Bigguy

Something I should be able to figure out but can not. Maybe you can help me. I have drop down menus in other themes why will they not work in this one. ???

Bikken

This theme doesn't have a drop down by default. This thread might help if you want one.

Bigguy

moonpeach

Im just wondering if anyone knows hows to get rid of the search bar.

If you go to hxxp:www.overdrivegaming.net [nonactive] you'll see that the search bar is ontop of the 2 images, is it possible to get rid of that search bar completely?

barefoot

hi;
i want to insert a clickable picture  near the logo as shown area  at the picture below. i am using 1.1.12 . what should i do. can anyone help me ?

amitkool21

how to move that searchbox to that location where the Blue text HERE is located :P

theme : http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=749

ds-natural_20rc3 version

PS4DEV

search for a file called index.template.php in the theme folder, and open it with an editor.
Then search for a <div id="searcharea">
This "div" are openend like <div> and closed with </div>
then cut out the whole <div id="#searcharea"> ....everything between the div , most likely the input for your search ...</div>
and paste it it within the <div id="toolbar-l"> , it should look like:
<div id="toolbar-l"> <div id="#searcharea"> ....everything between the div , most likely the input for your search ...</div></div>

For the rest, use css styling

amitkool21

@PS4DEV : thanx for the info but i just removed that searchbox.

now i have a new idea here it is,

whenever i Hover my mouse on search button in top menu i get transferred to a this page >>> www.demo-not-real.com/index.php?action=search [nofollow] [nofollow]

i want that search button to drop like a box which opens when i hover on it or click on it.

Thank You

amitkool21

well this is piece of something what i want ::

[nofollow]

BTW its a total different thing but i wanted to be close to it :)

stencorp69

Hi
I've been customizing the colors of this theme and must have accidentally made a change to the drop down box in the administration center page. can anyone tell me where I go to increase the height of the task/setting drop down box? Thanks in advance

Stephen

stencorp69

Quote from: PS4DEV on September 12, 2012, 05:11:29 PM
search for a file called index.template.php in the theme folder, and open it with an editor.
Then search for a <div id="searcharea">
This "div" are openend like <div> and closed with </div>
then cut out the whole <div id="#searcharea"> ....everything between the div , most likely the input for your search ...</div>
and paste it it within the <div id="toolbar-l"> , it should look like:
<div id="toolbar-l"> <div id="#searcharea"> ....everything between the div , most likely the input for your search ...</div></div>

Thanks for this tip - work well

stencorp69

Quote from: stencorp69 on November 11, 2012, 06:39:35 AM
Hi
I've been customizing the colors of this theme and must have accidentally made a change to the drop down box in the administration center page. can anyone tell me where I go to increase the height of the task/setting drop down box? Thanks in advance

Stephen

sort this chrome helped me inspect the fault element and track it down in the CSS file - starting to get the hang of this

Adrek

All themes from DS are outdated at SMF Theme Site. I don't think that latest version will have this bug.
You can download it from dzinerstudio.com
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Advertisement: