News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Drupal + SMF bridge Question...

Started by css_script_writer, June 15, 2008, 08:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

css_script_writer

Hi, I'm using Drupal v6.2 and SMF v1.1.5.

I recently installed the Drupal+SMF bridge (by VB). I carefully followed the instructions and it did not work for me but what it DID do was convert my SMF admin password to my Drupal one so that if I wanted to login to my SMF forum, I had to use my Drupal password. It also made my avatar dissapear in my SMF profile. Finally, I worked backwards, undoing all of my settings and changes and uninstalled the bridge but then my SMF password no longer worked and my avatar was still missing.

I guess my question is this...does this bridge actually overwrite or modify any files in the SMF installation and if so, which ones and what do I need to do to get everything back to the way it was?.

Thanks very much for any help I can get on this.

- Regards, Css_script_writer
Anxiety Zone Forums & Chat Rooms
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php

css_script_writer

css_script_writer

Dear MODS, anyone...

Could someone please either reply to this message -or- move it to a section where it might get more replies?. I really need some help here.

- Again, thanks...Css_script_writer

gav240z

Quote from: css_script_writer on June 17, 2008, 05:42:28 AM
Dear MODS, anyone...

Could someone please either reply to this message -or- move it to a section where it might get more replies?. I really need some help here.

- Again, thanks...Css_script_writer

This is the problem with bridging two different projects. Hence the reason I personally avoid it. I'd say you are best asking the author of the bridge for help.

Anyway I'd say what's happened is your password in your database was overwritten and is encoded differently between Drupal and SMF. You can sometimes get around this with the lost my password option.

I hope for your sake the set up you screwed was a test local version.

vb

>does this bridge actually overwrite or modify any files in the SMF installation
the bridge does not change any line in SMF code
>convert my SMF admin password to my Drupal one
the bridge does not change or sync admin password an does not require to convert it to Drupal.
The only thing it assumes that your Drupal and SMF admins (id=1) have the same names and passwords before first module setup to ensure you will pass one time qookie identification test.
Recover your password and play first on a local installation, but use real domain name without 'localhost'.

BigMike

Hello SMF,

It's been awhile since I've stopped by :)

I am looking for something very similar to this..

What I have is a SMF forum (1.1.6) that originated back in the YaBB Gold days. So it's a 5 or 6 year old forum with tons of info and users onboard.

I am currently working on setting up Drupal (5.10) on the business (ecommerce) side of my website.

Question: Can I import user info from my forum into the fresh install of Drupal? That way when members of my forum come to my ecommerce site (powered by Drupal), they would be greeted, already logged in via SMF cookie, and their same username and password would apply to checking out at the shopping cart process.

So is this possible, and if so, please show me the way!

Thank you very much in advance,
Michael

Advertisement: