News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

which files

Started by rtrev64, June 15, 2008, 10:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtrev64

Hello, I've downloaded the software SMF. Looks sleek. I am searching, trying to locate the editing part of the board. I want to upload pictures, change the look and the name what it is now is not what I want.

I went into the admin section and got to the part where it showed the name of the forum but the boxes were grayed out and not clickable therefore not editable.

Thank you..

http://roberttrevino.com/harley/

My Personal message board

N3RVE

Quote from: rtrev64 on June 15, 2008, 10:38:55 PM
Hello, I've downloaded the software SMF. Looks sleek. I am searching, trying to locate the editing part of the board. I want to upload pictures, change the look and the name what it is now is not what I want.

The Online manual will come in handy.
Using SMF as an Administrator
There's also a Customize site with SMF plugins and themes. Consider checking out smfthemes.org, they are over 600+ themes for you to downlaod :)

Quote from: rtrev64 on June 15, 2008, 10:38:55 PM
I went into the admin section and got to the part where it showed the name of the forum but the boxes were grayed out and not clickable therefore not editable.

It seems Settings.php is write protected, Surprising that you passed through installation stage with the settings file in that state ::) Did you use an auto-installer?

Login via FTP and chmod Settings.php to 777.

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Update: Endeavor to post in the correct sections. There are support boards for 1.x & 2.x

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

rtrev64

rtrev64

ok, I changed the settings.php to 777.. all I want to do is load up some graphics..how and where?

N3RVE

Like I stated in my previous post. You can get Themes from

If you intend to use custom graphics, A theme will have to be developed using them unless you just want a banner, logo, etc. To develop themes, you need some php & css knowledge. However, there's a Help Wanted Board where you can hire someone to get things done for you.

To install themes, refer to Documentation

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: