News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

zCommunity 0.8.1 Beta Now available! (supports SMF 2.0 RC1 and 1.1.8)

Started by Charles Hill, June 16, 2008, 03:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Hill

That'll come in the next version.  Next version won't be out for at least a couple weeks, because I want to have my store up and running with a few add-ons / custom SSI blog themes available.

bizref

Hi -- I've installed the mod and set up a test blog that shows up in my Admin panel in blog format (so cool!) and also on my Forum board as the correct blog title and location, but when I click on it to enter the blog, the topics show up in the Forum format instead of in the blog format, as it appears in the Admin panel.  Thoughts?

I haven't customized anything about my forum's theme other than the colors and the css for the header of the site ... hxxp:www.allaboutdarien.com/forum [nonactive]

Charles Hill

In v1.12, you won't be able to view blog boards in normal board format.  In v1.11, you have to access a blog board via the blog page (index.php?action=blog;blog=BLOGID)

Your blog's blog page is... http://www.allaboutdarien.com/forum/index.php?action=blog;blog=80

MoreBloodWine

I'd stil llike to see a community blog, somethign everyone can post to instead of letting everyone have their own blog. That and a "fix" for hiding blog posts from the recent block on tiny portal.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Charles Hill

I'll take a look at tiny portal eventually to make the two more compatible.

I think I said somewhere already that I will be adding the ability to set posting rights for each blog much like viewing rights.  You'll be able to restrict posting rights based on member group.

LosCatmanos

Charles Hill: Thank you very much!

But, I have two problems:

If I want post new topic to my blog (I run multiple blogs - I want one for every user), it does this error:
Chyba databáze
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY t.categoryID
LIMIT 1' at line 5
File: /var/www/www.maxiforum.cz/htdocs/Sources/Post.php
Line: 249

And I find out, that users can't base new blogs. I think they should have "Control Panel" (i translate it like "Administrace Blogu") in their profile. But there's nothink. Do you think there's problem with permissions? I can't find permissions to user to posting blog.

hxxp:img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loscatmanosnq4.png [nonactive] hxxp:img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testuserrt1.png [nonactive]

Thank you!

//Edit: ok, the first problem is ok now :)
This SQL query:
$request = db_query("
SELECT bc.categoryID, bc.name
FROM {$db_prefix}blog_categories as bc
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}topics as t ON (bc.categoryID = t.categoryID)
WHERE t.ID_TOPIC = $context[current_topic]
ORDER BY t.categoryID
LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__);

I edit to this:
WHERE t.ID_TOPIC = '$context[current_topic]'
And now, I can add new posts :)

//EDIT: Sorry, the second problem was my mistake. Now, it works!

Thank you for blogs!

erlend_sh

Quote from: Charles Hill on July 23, 2008, 09:42:15 PM
I'll take a look at tiny portal eventually to make the two more compatible.
(...)
Take a look at SimplePortal as well will ya? Pretty please? :)

digit

Quote from: Charles Hill on July 21, 2008, 04:11:37 AM
I just tested it with no problems.  Are you sure you installed it properly?

edit-
I just ran through the possible sources of such a bug for you.... Look at your ManageBoards.template.php and ManageBoards.php.  Make sure whatever was done to those files by the install.xml file in the Blog mod package was done properly.

I manually installed this - and I just now double checked everything, line by line.

I see no errors - again.  Everything is installed as per the install.xml file.

I wonder if I have a conflict with another mod. :(  SIGH.

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

fords8

I have TP 1.0.5 and the Blog 1.1.1 installed on a test site. I won't be installing Blog 1.1.4 on there since I will be taking it down soon. They do work together but I think I had to install the blog before TP. The other way around, you get errors. I have TP as my home page. Blog is just a link in the menu. This is on the default theme too.

I posted a few blog without a problem. I added TP blocks without a problem. I did get errors when trying to uninstall either one. But I have other mods installed on it also.

I would say more tests are in order before running it on a live site.

digit

Quote from: Charles Hill on July 21, 2008, 04:11:37 AM
I just tested it with no problems.  Are you sure you installed it properly?

edit-
I just ran through the possible sources of such a bug for you.... Look at your ManageBoards.template.php and ManageBoards.php.  Make sure whatever was done to those files by the install.xml file in the Blog mod package was done properly.

attached are both files.

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

gemigene

I installed it and had error messages on my first post so I uninstalled the mod but still left with the Blog Control Panel in the admin interface, any way to get rid of that? BTW, the uninstall routine doesn't seen to work for me, I guess I'll have to do a proper uninstall via the package parser.

If I would have known...

Thanks,
Gene
"Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven"

Charles Hill

When you have a lot of other mods installed, you should expect to have difficulties when installing a complex mod.

bizref

Gosh, you know ... I think maybe mine's not installed correctly. 

-- It doesn't look or act like a blog when I click on the blog title from the board index, it acts like a message board and shows my "blog posts" in message board format

-- When I posted a 'new topic' from inside the blog admin panel, it again looked and felt and posted as a message board post instead of a blog

So, I'm thinking maybe something's not right about my installation...?  I don't know the first thing about coding so be gentle with me :-)

See: hxxp:www.allaboutdarien.com/forum [nonactive] >Welcome > AllAboutAdmin's Test Blog2

You pointed out to me that my blog URL is: hxxp:www.allaboutdarien.com/forum/index.php?action=blog;blog=80 [nonactive]
How do I connect that URL with my Forum Index page and/or the Blog Title that shows up in the Forum Index?

Many thanks for your patience!!

bizref

(sorry i need to add this to my prior post) ....

I just posted a new topic on my blog at the URL
hxxp:www.allaboutdarien.com/forum/index.php?action=blog;blog=80 [nonactive]

and when I hit submit, it returned me to the message board format again ...

don't get me wrong, everything I submit and/or enter shows up, it just seems like it keeps showing up as a message board instead of a blog ...?

Charles Hill

You access your blog via the Blog or Blogs link in your forum's navigation menu (Home, Blog, Search, Members, etc).  If you aren't redirected to your blog page after posting, then you didn't install something correctly to the Post.php or Subs-Post.php files.  Double check the modifications made to these files by looking at the install.xml file that came with the blog mod package.

cubetgio

should be evident but how to delete a blog and/or categorie ?

thanks!

Charles Hill

You can delete a blog either from the blog control panel (delete link next to each blog or in the normal manage boards admin area.  Categories... do you mean blog categories?  To delete those you use the "Delete" link next to a blog category in the blog categories window on the main page of the blog control panel.

cubetgio

thanks Charles !

I'm so stupid not to have seen the last column with the delete link.

I'have to say that was hided by the fact that the display was out of my screen :P

Have a nice day.

runebergen

This mod sounds just like a dream to me.. just what I've been looking for.

I only have one question..

The blogs (boards) and blog posts (topics), will they ALSO show on the forum as regular forum boards and topics for all to see?
( i dont want that ..  ;) )

Charles Hill

The next version is going to be a large step forward from v1.11.  I'm going to eliminate the ability to view blog boards like normal boards.  Even the links to these blog boards from the board index will take you to their blog page instead of the normal board view.

It'll still be a week or two until the next version.  I promise it'll be worth the wait.

Advertisement: