News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

repeating DB errors

Started by qtime, June 16, 2008, 06:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qtime

using smf 1.1.5, MySQL version 5.0.45.\
After a myisamchk -r *.MYI I will have these errors returned, looking for weeks now to solve this problem, please help

[root@server]# myisamchk -s *.MYI
myisamchk: MyISAM file smf_boards.MYI
myisamchk: error: Key 5 doesn't point at same records that key 1
myisamchk: error: Keypointers and record positions doesn't match
MyISAM-table 'smf_boards.MYI' is corrupted
Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"
myisamchk: MyISAM file smf_log_karma.MYI
myisamchk: error: Key in wrong position at page 3487744
MyISAM-table 'smf_log_karma.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file smf_log_search_words.MYI
myisamchk: error: Key in wrong position at page 8472576
MyISAM-table 'form_log_search_words.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file smf_messages.MYI
myisamchk: error: Found duplicated key at page 33542144
MyISAM-table 'smf_messages.MYI' is corrupted

qtime

the find and repair errors in the maintenance screen of smf will go white after step 17.

qtime

how to found:
Found duplicated key at page 33542144
manually in the smf_messages table?

青山 素子

The the table is corrupt, why not do what the myisamcheck tool suggests and do a repair with the -o switch?

The documentation for MySQL is very handy: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 4.6.3.3 myisamchk Repair Options
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

qtime

thanks for answering,
I tried the smf_messages with -o (the detailed repair version), but after a while (minutes) the table come corrupt again.
changed the db server to another server, to know for sure that is not the problem.

青山 素子

Quote from: qtime on June 19, 2008, 06:35:51 AM
changed the db server to another server, to know for sure that is not the problem.

Tables don't spontaneously corrupt themselves for no reason. SMF just runs normal SQL queries, so there isn't much there to cause a problem. MySQL or the server setup is usually the culprit.

I have specifically seen the problem of random table corruption on older versions of MySQL 5.0 (before 5.0.21), but couldn't track the cause down.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

qtime

[Sun Jun 15 04:11:02 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.6 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.1 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
zend_mm_heap corrupted

delete a lot of duplicate errors here
[Thu Jun 19 17:30:20 2008] [notice] child pid 17931 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:30:43 2008] [notice] child pid 18282 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:31:07 2008] [notice] child pid 18306 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:31:20 2008] [notice] child pid 18302 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:31:20 2008] [notice] child pid 18333 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:31:24 2008] [notice] child pid 18307 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:32:16 2008] [notice] child pid 18264 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:45:15 2008] [notice] child pid 18780 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:45:22 2008] [notice] child pid 18479 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:45:37 2008] [notice] child pid 18812 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:45:53 2008] [notice] child pid 18827 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 19 17:46:00 2008] [notice] child pid 18828 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

so maybe someone knows how to fix this: zend_mm_heap corrupted

PHP 5.2.6 (cli) (built: May  8 2008 08:38:47)
Copyright (c) 1997-2008 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2008 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.5.2, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator

Maybe it has something to do with eAccelerator?

青山 素子

You could try to disable eAccelerator and see. If it is installed as a Zend extension, then it could be causing the corruption leading to the segmentation faults.

Also, this would explain the table corruption.
Motoko-chan

qtime

That would be great, is there a command like service to stop eAccelerator ?
because I could not ; it out in the php.ini file, it is not there....  ::)

I only found:
; Enables or disables eAccelerator. Should be "1" for enabling or
; "0" for disabling. Default value is "1".
eaccelerator.enable = "0"
in eaccelerator.ini file

青山 素子

If you are not sure, you will need to ask your host. You could also search for the extension line that loads it.
Motoko-chan

qtime

It's my own server, so I will do a search.
disabling it in the .so file will not stop ea...

青山 素子

Quote from: qtime on June 19, 2008, 12:23:06 PM
It's my own server, so I will do a search.
disabling it in the .so file will not stop ea...

It should. If PHP doesn't load the extension, then it doesn't load. How did you install eA?
Motoko-chan

qtime

after a second look it's disabled, I checked it with php-ver, but smf was not able to detect, so it's off.

qtime

The child pid 18333 exit signal Segmentation fault (11) errors still continue, so it has nothing to do with eA...
any other advice?

青山 素子

Are you getting core dumps?

Segmentation faults usually indicate something bad with the program in compilation. This could either be a library compiled in, or something in PHP if you are running it as a module. It is also possible that it could be the result of faulty hardware, usually memory.
Motoko-chan

qtime

For some 1,5 week ago, fc 5 is upgraded to fc 6, 7 and 8.
So I assume this is not a memory problem, but a .so file.

Is it possible to backtrace such an error?

青山 素子

If it is generating core dumps, it is possible. If not, then it will be much more difficult.

By the way, upgrades like that can cause these problems if you are using external mirrors or self-compiled software and it hasn't been updated. Fedora is especially bad because of the rapid update schedule. If you like the RedHat way, CentOS is much more fitting for a server.

Also, if you are using the default Fedora/RH layout, check the /etc/php.d/ directory (iirc). PHP modules are loaded by a config file existing in a directory under there. You can simply move the eAccelerator file out and it won't be loaded at all.
Motoko-chan

qtime

I found the .ini file, and did put off eA, but still got the errors,
how to make a core dump in fc8 ?

青山 素子

Core dumps are usually generated automatically when a program encounters a segmentation fault. However, I believe Apache HTTPd installs as setuid, so it won't create them. There are some instructions on configuring Apache to generate core dumps in Linux that might be helpful.

Going into how to read these things and use them to troubleshoot is a little beyond the scope of the issue and can get involved, however. You might want to do some reading on how to trace the dumps. It is very difficult to have someone else check the dumps on a different machine since the debugger will need the exact binaries on the system that generated the dump.
Motoko-chan

qtime

ok, very usefull link, I will try to install it and see the result.
Thanks for your help!

Ben_S

Any apache log files over 2GB?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

qtime

btmp 2,5 gig, but don't know if that is a log file?

qtime

[Thu Jun 19 22:57:57 2008] [notice] child pid 31326 exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /tmp/apache2-gdb-dump

but no output in the CoreDumpDirectory /tmp/apache2-gdb-dump

chown that directory user and group apache:apache, don't know if that is correct?

Ben_S

Quote from: qtime on June 19, 2008, 05:07:06 PM
btmp 2,5 gig, but don't know if that is a log file?

No idea what it is, look at it with a text editor?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

qtime

http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/doc/man/hpux/btmp.4.html, but what is the problem if it's over 2,5 gig?
could that give signal 11 errors?

qtime

moved the smf to the database server and all is running on one now, no more signal 11 errors, so it should be in the server OS or lib.
Will instal CentOS

qtime

the original problem, corrupt tables are still there again... so nothing to do with the signal 11 errors, if someone has more ideas to check...?

qtime

myisamchk: error: Found duplicated key at page 33667072
could that be this in repair and find errors?:
Message #1438194 is in non-existent topic #0.

Rumbaar

When you Repair and Find errors, do you have the option to fix the error and do you try and repair it?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

qtime

yes repair it with -r or -o does not make a difference the error will come back later again

Rumbaar

I was
Quote from: qtime on June 20, 2008, 06:28:13 AM
could that be this in repair and find errors?:
I was referring to this, I assume you got this error in your forum maintenance  routine?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

qtime

Yes, after Find and repair any errors.

Rumbaar

So when you do this and it gives you the option to repair the errors it doesn't?  Do you get any errors when you attempt to fix these errors?

[ Themes ]

qtime

it will repair the errors, and after that they are gone, but after several minutes, the message table and others give:
[root@server]# myisamchk -s *.MYI
myisamchk: MyISAM file smf_board_permissions.MYI
myisamchk: error: Key in wrong position at page 115712
MyISAM-table 'smf_board_permissions.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file form_log_karma.MYI
myisamchk: error: Key in wrong position at page 4071424
MyISAM-table 'smf_log_karma.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file form_log_notify.MYI
myisamchk: error: Found 39402 keys of 39403
MyISAM-table 'smf_log_notify.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file form_log_search_words.MYI
myisamchk: error: Key in wrong position at page 851968
MyISAM-table 'smf_log_search_words.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file form_log_subscribed.MYI
myisamchk: error: Found 4362 keys of 4363
MyISAM-table 'smf_log_subscribed.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file form_messages.MYI
myisamchk: warning: Table is marked as crashed
myisamchk: error: Found duplicated key at page 33959936
MyISAM-table 'smf_messages.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file form_personal_messages.MYI
myisamchk: error: Found 65382 keys of 65463
MyISAM-table 'smf_personal_messages.MYI' is corrupted
myisamchk: MyISAM file form_pm_recipients.MYI
myisamchk: error: Found 82056 keys of 82089
MyISAM-table 'form_pm_recipients.MYI' is corrupted

Rumbaar

This is a serious indication of a misconfigured or failing mySQL server.  The support needed to correctly configured a web server and/or mySQL database is beyond the general support for SMF software.

You might want to consult a professional in this area.

[ Themes ]

qtime

Thanks for information, I will move within a few days to a new server (and I can rent support overthere).

Advertisement: