News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need Help

Started by SherrysScraps, June 17, 2008, 10:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SherrysScraps

Can someone tell me if it is possible to make a section of the forum private to only certain members?

If this is something that is possible, how would it be done?  Is there any instructions on how to do something like this?

Thank you in advance!
SherrysScraps

brianjw

It kind of depends on what part of the forum you want to be restricted only to certain members. It is definitely possible.

Bigguy

SherrysScraps

The forum is open to the general public, but some of us are designers for the site, so we would like to have a board (area) like lets say "designer discussion" that the general public would not be able to see?

Can you assign labels to members, like lets say "designer" or "CT Member" instead of the standard "newbie" that members start with?

Could you tell me how to do this?  Or is there instructions on how to do it.  I am a moderator in the forum, but work closely with the Admin. and we are trying to figure things out to make the forums better for everyone.

Any help you can provide me on this would be so wonderful!!
Thanks in advance!
Sherry

Bigguy

You can rename membergroups in the admin panel. That is what you are looking for ....or you can create new membergroups as well.

Advertisement: