News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Remove Private Message from User

Started by Don Houston, August 20, 2011, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Houston

Hello,

I am working on a new forum.  I want to know if there is a way that if a member abuses the private messaging system, if we can turn that off, or make it to where they can only send and receive from administrators.  Also, I know that members can put people on the ignore list, and I want to make sure that the user can not ignore an administrator.

I don't want to turn off Private messages to everyone, but we all know that people can abuse those and maybe having to stop a member from using that feature if need be would be the best way to solve the problem should one arise

Illori

you can create a group for that user with the ability to send pm's denied, other then that what you want can not be done.

Don Houston

I was looking into that and I could not find out how to create that group.  Can you please explain how I can do that please?

Thanks

Illori

enable ability to deny permissions in the settings page. create a new group that only denies sending pm's assign to the user as additional group.

Don Houston

Yes I know that much, but I can not seem to find how to create the group of profile

Don Houston

What I am asking is how do I create a group that will allow me to do this.  I am new to SMF, I used to use phpBB but the site owner wanted to me to learn this.  I have been looking all over and even have the manual and I cannot find out how to create this.

Thanks

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

You dont need to create group at all. You just need to go to permissions from ACP > Members > Permissions > General Permission > Regular Members > Modify

Untick read and send personal message. That will affect all members (i.e. all regular members).

ACAMS

First go to admin panel

Then Create the group

Then configure your group

Then go to Permissions and configure it to not allow PM's

I disallow ALL permissions to Regular Members so they can't get permission from that and post count groups will be easy to control.

Don Houston

Thanks I appreciated the help.

One last thing, I  noticed that when you send a PM you have the verification at the bottom.  Is there a way to disable that?

That normally based on post count group which will be automatically disable when they reaches the prescribed post amount. This is similar to post verification.

Don Houston

I understand, but I am sure members of the site will not.  How do I disable it?

The same I guess. Modify the group permission.

Illori

admin -> security and moderation -> anti-spam post count under which users must pass verification to make a post

Advertisement: