Converting eBlah to SMF

Started by Jade Elizabeth, October 27, 2010, 05:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: TE on February 01, 2011, 10:39:59 AM
ouch, 200 GB??
you could add / drop the related indices manually whenever the converter stops.. but that's far from easy.

What causes them? Maybe there's some way I can work around it or avoid it or something?

I don't understand this at all, I'm no good with converters - only running them lol.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

ThorstenE

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on February 03, 2011, 02:15:12 AM
What causes them?
I'd love to know that but unfortunately I have no clue, I'll check the converter again next week, hopefully I'll find these damn bugs. Cross your fingers ;)

If someone is willing to send me his eblah files please reply to this topic, my minimal eblah test-installation is good for nothing.

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

ThorstenE

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on February 14, 2011, 04:11:55 AM
Any luck? :D
[offtopic]Sorry Jade, but I have stopped my work on converters for now. I'm still waiting for a proper responce from a team member (especially the Doc Coordinator) regarding such a drastic change in the help section:
http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=2924#c13640
* TE hates to be ignored..
[/offtopic]

Jade Elizabeth

I understand how you feel...but I can't read that. I don't like what's happening to the manual and I tried to fix it but I can almost guarantee the new doc co-ordinator hasnt looked at any work I've done. Probably fobbed it off as old hat to do new stuff, which would mean he's missed the organization I did too.

Doesnt matter :).

imthenewguy

Is anyone still working on this converter?  I have a decent size forum that I'd like to convert but I'm getting many of the same errors that are described in this thread.

Thanks!

Codenix

Hello there.

I also have great interest in whether this converter works / was completed. I have several eBlah forums, all quite small with less than 50 members. I'm very keen to migrate away from eBlah, and since Simple Machines developers appear to have made the most headway in building a converter, embracing Simple Machines would seem the best approach.

Can anyone confirm whether the converter was ever completed for eBlah 10.3.6?

ThorstenE

Quote from: Codenix on May 05, 2011, 01:51:09 AM
Can anyone confirm whether the converter was ever completed for eBlah 10.3.6?
Can't speak for the team but it looks like nobody has taken my place regarding converters, thus I don't expect the converter to be finished anytime soon  :'(

MaxwellsHouse

Anyone managed to figure this one out yet ? I'm still wanting to convert my eBlah forum  :-\

Jade Elizabeth

I've got several people begging me to do something and I just do not have the skills :(.

Converter scripts need some loving.

Advertisement: