Age & Gender Board Filter Mod

Started by Eliana Tamerin, June 20, 2008, 03:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullbreedluverz

ok ill see if my limited knowledge can work it out  :D

Lady Night Owl

It installs fine for me, but instead of including fields for the birthdate/gender on the registration form, it takes the user to their profile.

There is a sort of note at the top-right of the page once they are in their profile that reminds the user to fill in their birthday/gender, but most people just aren't going to look there.
Running SMF 2.0.1

Eliana Tamerin

Can you describe that a little more? I installed it on a test forum, and it seems to show up just fine on the registration page. I attached a screenshot below of what it looks like to me.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Lady Night Owl

I must have done something wrong somewhere...I simply don't have those fields for the birthdate/gender.

Please, see attached.

When I originally went to install it, I had to go back and remove the edits that I made to the register.php and register.template files (from when [SiNaN] helped me add the birthday field a few posts back).
Running SMF 2.0.1

Eliana Tamerin

You still have SiNaN's trick on your Load.php and index.php files. Remove that, first of all.

As for the register page, it's possible it simply didn't get edited properly. Try using the parsed instructions to manually edit the file. If it indeed is edited already, let me know, because that would indicate a serious problem with the mod.

Download | Docs

Lady Night Owl

Running SMF 2.0.1

Eliana Tamerin

Yeah, my upgrade script did not account for anything that SiNaN provided for codes. If you added his codes, you should remove them (especially on Reigster.template.php and Register.php), else you will get errors. Only clean installs of my mod is supported in the upgrade. Any tweaks should be reversed.

Download | Docs

Lady Night Owl

Got it! The problem was entirely in my register.template file. Mind you, I don't know exactly what that problem was, but I know that I ended up butchering the file ::) so I took a clean copy from a 1.1.5 install package since no other mod has made changes to it, then I entered everything from the parser and it's all good. All the right fields in the right places.

:D
Running SMF 2.0.1

Eliana Tamerin

Glad you got it solved. Can't say what the issue was either, but since you got the issue resolved, I won't worry about it.

If anybody else has bugs to report, please let me know. Just remember that if you installed SiNaN's code, you'll need to reverse those changes before updating to 1.2.

Download | Docs

Lady Night Owl

Good grief. :( Now I can't click on 'register'. All the fields are there - no error messages in the log, I just can't click on the register button when I test it. I've got all the boxes checked and fields filled in.

Edit: This is also on a test forum with no other mods installed.
Running SMF 2.0.1

Eliana Tamerin

Confirmed bug, thanks ladynightowl. I had hoped this was only on my forum.

It has to do this line in Register.template.php
|| isEmptyText(document.forms.creator.gender)

As for now, I will advise everybody to go to Admin CP > Registration > Settings and disable the option of "Require Gender on Registration?" That will allow registrations to continue until I find a solution to this bug.

EDIT: I used the wrong check statement. Let me go find the right one to use, then I'll zip up 1.2.1 with the fix.

Download | Docs

Lady Night Owl

You're welcome.

You might also be aware that this bug doesn't let the user change their own gender (whether the option to require them to enter it on registration is enabled or not). They are automatically 'female' - strange thing is that it shows in the forum profile info, but not the profile summary.

I guess I'll leave a note for any potential male members for now and tell them that this is not my idea of a joke. O:)

Admins can change it - I just checked - but that could get rather tedious on a busy forum.
Running SMF 2.0.1

Eliana Tamerin

Thanks Lady Night Owl, I'll check that out. That's two bugs now.

Is this just for new registrants? Or does it happen when people who haven't yet set their gender set it (already registered)?

Download | Docs

Lady Night Owl

No problem. Good question :\ I'll try to test and let you know.

Edit: It seems to be just new accounts.
Running SMF 2.0.1

Eliana Tamerin

Thanks Lady Night Owl. I will work on solving these issues. Let me know if you find any more.

To everyone else, I apologize deeply for these bugs, and I hope that they will not prevent you from using the AGBF mod in the future. Please stay with me and I'll get them fixed ASAP!

Download | Docs

bullbreedluverz

Itried installing the mod today and didnt get any error notification on the install and got the succesful install message but it installed a block of text above the banner on my site

// Start Age and Gender Filter Mod $txt['min_age_title'] = 'Minimum Age to View Board:'; $txt['min_age_desc'] = 'What is the minimum age for viewing access for this board?'; $txt['min_age_zero'] = '(0 to disable)'; $txt['max_age_title'] = 'Maximum Age to View Board:'; $txt['max_age_desc'] = 'What is the maximum age for viewing access for this board?'; $txt['max_age_eighty'] = '(80 to disable)'; $txt['gender_title'] = 'Gender Restricted (only):'; $txt['gender_desc'] = 'Which gender is this board restricted to view / post?'; $txt['gender_block_disabled'] = 'Unrestricted'; $txt['gender_block_gender_set'] = 'Unknown Genders Only'; $txt['gender_block_girls'] = 'Male Only'; $txt['gender_block_boys'] = 'Female Only'; $txt['gender_block_gender_unset'] = 'Male and Female Only'; $txt['gender_register_req'] = 'Require Gender on Registration?'; $txt['birthdate_register_req'] = 'Require Birthdate on Registration?'; // End Age and Gender Filter Mod

any ideas how to rectify this (note i ent the smartest of guys when it comes to coding so idiot proof answers would be much appreciated thanx)

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on June 21, 2008, 03:54:37 PM
Your language file didn't edit properly. Open your /Themes/default/languages/modifications.english(whatever else it is, might be utf8 or british, etc).php and move the ?> to the bottom of the file. Save and reupload.

Download | Docs

bullbreedluverz

thank you Eliana thats sorted it

ghostfreak

I install this mod on my Ideal forum and I received these messages:

2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test failed
3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageBoards.php   Test failed

Any ideas?

**Attached my Load and ManageBoards php files**

http://www.xfilesforum.net - Dare To Believe?
http://www.idealforum.co.uk - The Green Blitz!

NEMINI

it means you must have other mods installed and that you'll need to install it manually.
signatures are boring.

Advertisement: