News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Age & Gender Board Filter Mod

Started by Eliana Tamerin, June 20, 2008, 03:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soms

After installing AGBF 1.2.1 I got the following message when attempting to set preferences in Admin CP > Boards >

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Sources/Subs-Boards.php on line 1525

I cannot enter Boards at the moment. I have Registration - Show Gender mod 1.0.0 installed. Could it be this that is causing the problem?

Eliana Tamerin

Yes, that is causing the issue. I'll put a note in the readme.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Soms

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on July 23, 2008, 06:01:35 PM
Yes, that is causing the issue. I'll put a note in the readme.

How do I solve the problem of not being able to access Admin CP > Boards >? Do I have to uninstall the Registration - Show Gender mod?

Eliana Tamerin

Which did you install last? Uninstall that mod, which should undo the conflict. Then you can choose which mod you wish to use.

Download | Docs

Soms

I installed Age & Gender Board Filter Mod last and want to keep that because it offers more flexibility. I will uninstall Registration - Show Gender mod and see what happens. I'll keep you posted tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime now!

Eliana Tamerin

I would recommend uninstalling in the order you installed, which means uninstalling my mod first, then the Registration - Show Gender mod. Why? Because you could make things even worse by faulty uninstalls.

Download | Docs

djrem

Eliana Tamerin

Download | Docs

TiReDsOuL

good modification Eliana  ;)

ı think,u should add "edit gender and edit birthdate" on membergroups permissons,ı showed on attachment picture file :)you know, only is_admin can change bırthdates and genders,u had adjust thıs form on profile template.php :)

only ı changed managePermission.php and managePermission.english files :) ı changed profile.php and profile.template.php but ı  got template parse error. ı dont know that  these files are interested in allow_users :S

you should add  next update acording to me ..
And modification.turkish.php :D
ı wish succes

// Yaş ve Cinsiyet filtreleme modifikasyonu başlangıcı
$txt['min_age_title'] = 'Bölüm için minumum yaş:';
$txt['min_age_desc'] = 'Bu bölüme erişim için minumum yaş kaçtır?';
$txt['min_age_zero'] = '(0 a kadar geçerli)';
$txt['max_age_title'] = 'Bölüm için maksimum yaş:';
$txt['max_age_desc'] = 'Bu bölüme erişim için maksimum yaş kaçtır?';
$txt['max_age_eighty'] = '(80 e kadar geçerli)';
$txt['gender_title'] = 'Cinsiyet kısıtlaması (sadece):';
$txt['gender_desc'] = 'Bu bölüm hangi cinsiyet için kısıtlansın?';
$txt['gender_block_disabled'] = 'Kısıtlama';
$txt['gender_block_gender_set'] = 'Bilinmeyen cinsiyetler';
$txt['gender_block_girls'] = 'Yalnızca erkek';
$txt['gender_block_boys'] = 'Yalnızca bayan';
$txt['gender_block_gender_unset'] = 'Hem erkek hemde bayan';
$txt['gender_register_req'] = 'kayıtta cinsiyet iste?';
$txt['birthdate_register_req'] = 'kayıtta doğum tarihi iste?';
// Yaş ve Cinsiyet filtreleme modifikasyonu sonu

smfthemes.org --language moderator
Özel mesajla yardım istemeyin artık okumuyorum bile..
Do NOT PM me for support unless I invite you, I will ignore you.
--------------------------------------
Uzun bir süre yok....

Eliana Tamerin

Thanks for the suggestion and the translation. I'll include the translation in the next version, and work on making the gender/birthdate edits permissions based.

Download | Docs

MaXiForum.cz

Gender/birthdate edit I need :D
SUPER!

MaXiForum.cz

I have not this alternative:

I have instaled AgeGenderFilter_1.2.1.zip
Next version??
THX

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on July 27, 2008, 04:30:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestion and the translation. I'll include the translation in the next version, and work on making the gender/birthdate edits permissions based.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Eliana Tamerin

I hope to include permission in the next version, otherwise that will come with 1.4.

Download | Docs

MaXiForum.cz

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on July 29, 2008, 09:45:45 AM
I hope to include permission in the next version, otherwise that will come with 1.4.

OKi HTX ;)
I'm enjoying :)

brightboy

hi,
i've got a blog and i'm having the exact opposite problem as all of you.  i want to age restrict against readers under 18 getting on the site.  i realize people can lie about their age, but i want to install it based just on the principle.  iv'e been looking everywhere, but it seems age restricting blogs isn't really something people are interested in doing. 
probably a stupid question, but would this plugin work on a wordpress blog?  if not, is there anything similar offered away from this site.  does anyone know someone who could write something for me?

thank you

Eliana Tamerin

This isn't the support site for wordpress. Sorry, but I can only support this mod on the software it was created for, which is Simple Machines Forum.

Download | Docs

konqi

ok have a slight issue with this mod (I am using SMF 1.1.5)

I created a testdummy user who was male.

He could not see the female only forum on the board index, but if I went to it manually then the forum was visable and I could post. Is there a file that did not get edited properly? or is some other setting conflicting?

[SiNaN]

I think doesn't have anything preventing users viewing the boards with the url. I can suggest this but, to Eliana:

You can add a new function in Load.php as canSeeBoard(). If there is $board variable defined, this function will work. It will get the board restrictions (age and gender) and check with the users. If it doesn't have permission then you know, fatal_error.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

konqi

Sorry can't tell if you are talking to me or not there. :P  But I can't find a "load.php"

Advertisement: