News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

install.php -> Proceed - Button dont work under WIN/Jana

Started by M*I*B, June 22, 2008, 07:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M*I*B

Hello there from germany,

today I start to checkout the SMF2b3 at my local server for intranet use. But right at the startpage from install.php the Proceed-Button dont work.

Server is:
WIN2k SP4 (dual P300)
JanaServer (all in one system; works great with other stuff)
PHP 5.2.6 win32
PERL 5.10.0.1003
MySQL 5.1.25 win32

Client is:
WIN XP SP3
FireFox 2, MSIE 7

Anybody know about that problem? Maybe a WIN - problem?

Just MSIE show me the folloing error in the script:

Line: 464
Sign: 2
Error: "smf_scripturl" are undefined

I don't know what information I have to provide more; just ask...

(sorry about my ugly english...)
WriteYaa...

Micha

Oldiesmann

I'm not sure what the problem could be...

That error is referencing a function in Themes/default/scripts/script.js that isn't even used during the install, and even that shouldn't prevent the form from being submitted. Does the error appear after you click the button?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

M*I*B

... let me see ... No, the error are present BEFORE I click the button.
Striking is also that I don't see the Bannerhead in Firefox but in MSIE.... can be a fingertip in the right way but also cant...
I also have checkout the V1 in the same folder (delete all from V2 and fill with V1)... same again.
I belive that any are wrong with PHP or handshake between JanaServer <-> PHP

Let me sleep a night over and tomorrow I will install Apache for WIN and try again.

Good N8 for now...

Micha
WriteYaa...

Micha

M*I*B

Ok, got it ;)
JanaServer must have the php-cgi.exe to be handle PHP - calls right; that's it
If you install php by the MSI - installer the php-cgi.exe is'nt present. This file are only exist in the ZIP - package. JanaServer also can handle ISAPI I have read but that I have'nt checkout at the moment...
So this problem are closed...

But a BUG I find today; maybe a known bug?!

A short word before to explain...
I have installed SMF on a local server and call it inside the intranet by i.e. smf.lan So I install it under this URL and also some Styles (not much to pick at the moment for V2...).
Then I like to make the SMF connectable from outside by a service like DynDNS. At last I also change the URL in SMF itself to user the DynDNS - URL; without that it can't work right.

But if You change the URL for SMF the entrys in the Database for Styles, Smilies and Avatars are untouched and hold the old data "smf.lan".
Only a "search & replace" by phpMyAdmin ore similar will help.

Maybe a good Idea to change this entrys also if the URL are changed, maybe with a question like "change also Styles, Smilies and Avatar - URL's ?"

... ok... hope my english is'nt so ugly that nobody can follow what I like to explain ;)
WriteYaa...

Micha

青山 素子

Quote from: M*I*B on June 23, 2008, 02:43:57 PM
Just a BUG I find today; maybe a known bug?!

A short word before to explain...
I have installed SMF on a local server and call it inside the intranet by i.e. smf.lan So I install it under this URL and also some Styles (not much to pick at the moment for V2...).
Then I like to make the SMF connectable from outside by a service like DynDNS. So you cant use the DynDNS-URL from the intranet. To solve that problem I enter the DynDNS-URL into the DNS for the Intranet and let them point to the Server SMF are running. I also change the URL in SMF itself.
But if You change the URL for SMF the entrys in the Database for the Styles, Smilies and Avatars are untouched and hold the old data "smf.lan".
Only a "search & replace" by phpMyAdmin ore similar will help.

Maybe a good Idea to change this entrys also if the URL are changed, maybe with a question like "change also Styles, Smilies and Avatar - URL's also?"

That isn't so much a bug as a feature. Splitting the URLs lets you offload static content to a different server.

You can either use the repair_settings script (the one in the download section only works for 1.x I think), or the form in the themes and the smilieys section.

By the way, new issue = new post. It helps track things better.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

M*I*B

... ok, a feature  ;D
I understand the idea behind it but on the 1st view from my side this looks like a BUG. Then maybe a good idea to bother the user with a hint to change the URL's for the other things by hand... A new user like I am hit the own nose and looking arround what's going on with the shreddered SMF now ;)

QuoteBy the way, new issue = new post. It helps track things better.
Ok, sorry. Next time I swear ;)
WriteYaa...

Micha

Advertisement: