News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Moderator & Global Moderator

Started by Telvins, June 22, 2008, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvins

I'm a noob and forgive me but i don't know how to promote a member to moderator & global moderator could someone please explane how this is done.
Thanks
Telvins

AlenNS

In member's profile you can promote him into a Global moderator.

Moderator of a single or multilples forums you're setting here -> Admin -> Forum - > Boards.

Then you modify your board and set moderator(s) as you like.

Мel

But 'moderator' is not a group. It is a set of rules, as I recall.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- Qui-Gon Jinn

青山 素子

Quote from: Melvar on June 23, 2008, 06:11:53 AM

Correct. Moderator is not an actual group, which is why you can't add members to it.

When you set someone as moderator, they only have those permissions for the boards they are a moderator in. You can assign moderators to boards in the location given by AlenNS.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

AlenNS

Quote from: Melvar on June 23, 2008, 06:11:53 AM
Also you can make additional group named moderator and all board moderators give an additional membership in that group.

Permissions should be as for regular members, and that membership isn't viewable on member profile by regular members, but you can open a board for communication with moderators. Just open a board and set in Groups allowed to access that board.

Telvins

Thank you for your help all, much appreciated.
Telvins
Telvins

Advertisement: