News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funcouldron

Visit us at  ww.4moreFun.com

funcouldron

Notice: Undefined index: sp-forum in /www/110mb.com/f/u/n/c/o/u/l/d/funcouldron/htdocs/fc/Sources/Subs.php on line 3757

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /www/110mb.com/f/u/n/c/o/u/l/d/funcouldron/htdocs/fc/add_img_link.php on line 10

whn i run it ..i got this error

Bulakbol

Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

MeowMommy

Sorry if I'm being a pain, just thought maybe this got missed since it was at the bottom of the page.  :)

Quote from: MeowMommy on November 11, 2008, 08:21:44 PM
I'd like to do something like this on my forum. Unfortunately I'm a total PHP n00b.

I've figured out how to add images to the board descriptions, but I haven't figured out how to basically use an image only as the descriptor for each board. I'm using a custom theme (Saturn by Fussilet). Is this something I can do by using this mod?

Thanks!
Brenda  :)

funcouldron

thxx,,but got this
Notice: Undefined index: sp-forum in /www/110mb.com/f/u/n/c/o/u/l/d/funcouldron/htdocs/fc/Sources/Subs.php on line 3757
Database updates complete!

Bulakbol

@MeowMommy
I took a good look at the site and it requires editing BoardIndex.template.php but beyond the scope of this mod. You don't need this mod to use images as board background. I can give you idea but this is support/comment for ImagesOnBoard mod. You can post in the Coding Discussion board or in the Mod Request board and I will try to help you there.

@funcouldron
This mod does not have "sp-forum" index or txt string so I don't know where that error is coming from. If you can, just add the column manually using your PhpMyAdmin. I ran out of ideas.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

xmusic

hai sir i installed on serve its saying this error, i install through packages and upload it, its showing this error ((Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.)) what to do plz help me sir

Bulakbol

@xmusic
Talk to your host. If your host is smfforfree then you are not allowed to install mods and themes.

funcouldron

i never added colum manualy ,, and i tried adding images but it dosent show up on my board

xmusic

no sir i use 110mb,in 110mb smf is allowded sir,themes r working fine

funcouldron

@xmusic

i m also 110mb user,,, u just login through your FTP and make all ur file in forum to chmod 777 and it will work,,, littel time consuming though,,, i think there was one setting to make that also ,,, ask in support forum..

klra

Here's another forum that installed this excellent mod to-

http://nighthawk-forums.com/index.php

I made all of the images.

I especially liked making the big red arrow to directs guests to read.

Bulakbol

@xmusic
Uninstall the mod and download the new package. Reinstall the mod then let me know how it goes.

Thanks for trying/using this mod guys.

leonardus

Quote from: JohnyB on November 11, 2008, 07:01:54 PM
@ leonardus
Here are your files.

hi JohnyB.
thx for you mod, i've replaced the new file in themes-->defaul and in thems-->blackrain, but, nothing happen. the database don't save my modification... whats wrong? thanks.

EDIT:: i 've installed your new version. now it works very well!!! thanks.

villasg

Thanks for this good mod

Bulakbol

@leonardus
There was a slight error in the code when I last updated the package for beta 4. It is now corrected so I suggest you download the new package and reinstall this mod. I apologize for my mistake.

Thank you all for the compliment. I thank you too for trying/using this mod.  ;)

Boby_

I installed the mod in the beginning but I never made it work.
After some modifications on the forum I tried to remove it because it is not working for me anyway but I can't.

I am using SMF 1.1.7 and the default theme.

I thing that the search string uninstaller looks for could not be found.
You can see the attached file.

Bulakbol

@boby_
You can attach the files in question and I'll remove the codes for you.

Boby_

Quote from: JohnyB on November 17, 2008, 10:34:55 PM
@boby_
You can attach the files in question and I'll remove the codes for you.

@JohnyB, thanks a lot!

Looking at these files do you have any idea how to make the mod work?

Edit: Now I remember what was wrong with this mod for me. When I enter the name of the picture and the path to it in the board settings area, on the main index the link itself is shown as a text, not the image. If someone can help, I wouldn't remove the mod! :-)

tyhgdgh

Images won't show
ERRORS:

Advertisement: