News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalmBeachPreps

Thanks, Sabre!  One error on Classic theme, but I don't use that anyhow.  'Preciate it!

Sabre™

My pleasure mate :)
I only looked at the code for the curve theme and db for a quick fix. Im guessing the classic theme shouldn't be too difficult to edit for those that use it.
Im glad it worked for you mate :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Kimmen

It works for me as well. And i use square theme.

Kimmen

Is it possible to get the images to display on the right side instead of the left?

coldy316

Okay now that we have the mod install where's the best place to get images from
so we can add them in.. I have tried google by searching icons and the only result
i get back are the computer icons for windows...

any help from anyone would be good

oh yeah thank you for a great mod
Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

Sabre™

Quote from: Kim Arne on December 02, 2009, 05:47:40 PM
Is it possible to get the images to display on the right side instead of the left?

In your BoardIndex.template.php, search for this line
echo '<div style="float:left; margin-right: 4px;">';

And change the 'left' to 'right' in that line.
echo '<div style="float:right; margin-right: 4px;">';

@ coldy316
It would very much depend on what you were looking for that would be best suited for your site.
You have sites like [THIS] that offer many options, then others sites that have [different types] etc etc etc..
It just all depends on what youre looking for, and having a good look using different search queries.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Kimmen

I am sorry, i cant find what you wanted me to search for. I use SMF2 RC2 with square theme. The theme has not its own BoardIndex.template file, but i looked into the default and curve one, and did not find anything in there either.

What to do?

Sabre™

Can you attach your boardindex.template.php to your next post with the mod installed.
The default being curve, and the core theme being the old smf default.
So will need the curve theme template.
Cheers :)

Kimmen

Sabre™

Kimmen

Many thanks as always Sabre.

C4G-TK

Thanks for the update Sabre!

The only thing that I'm getting is just a cosmetic change in the admin area when going into Boards as far as I can tell.

Attached a pic.

-img removed-

-=[Vyorel]=-

My mods for SMF - [6].

Sabre™

@ C4G-TK
Sorry for the late reply bud, been away on vacation, and stayed away from a connection.
That's an interesting issue in your attachment.
Have you managed to find why it is occurring, or do you still require assistance with it?

@ -=[Vyorel]=-
You may see if the attachment located [HERE] will work for you :)

C4G-TK

I think I figured out part of the reason when I tried to add an image today.

I added an image and it wouldn't appear.  So, I used the "stop.png" name in the text box and it appeared.  I right clicked and looked at the image location.  It is pulling from the wrong directory for the image despite creating an Images On Boards directory in the theme I'm using.  In other words, when it did the edits, it is pulling from the default/Curve theme directory because the theme I'm using really only uses its own index.template.php file   All the rest of the files are used from the default/Curve theme.  So, I have to go back and change some things around in order for everything to work correctly in the new theme I'm using.

-img removed-

-=[Vyorel]=-

Quote from: Sabre™ on January 06, 2010, 05:01:56 PM
@ -=[Vyorel]=-
You may see if the attachment located [HERE] will work for you :)
Thanks man! :) ;D
My mods for SMF - [6].

C4G-TK

Ok, it's working on the forum, but not without a slight problem.  lol.

On the main forum page that shows the categories and boards, it looks fine.

But, the childboards are not appearing correctly.  They are horizontal instead of vertical.  Take a look at the image below to see what I mean. 

Does anyone know how I would correct this?

RC2 version of forum, sorry!

-img removed-

Sabre™

Attach your MessageIndex.template.php and I'll have a look

C4G-TK

Thanks Sabre!

Let me know if there is something else I need to do.

-img removed-

Sabre™

Oooppss!!
Just deleted my post.
Been up half the night and realised my tired eyes played on me lol
Try the attached

Advertisement: