News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by live627, June 24, 2008, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jossanaijr

Hi Charles,
just changed to the last version and there is one problem.  Images attached.

If I post using the "old" method (modify and post) it is ok.
But if I post using the new option "Post it" smiles are not shown.

Charles Hill

Thank you all for the kind words.  Also, thank you for the dutch translation.

About the smilies issue... When you post things using the Post it! link from your profile, the post is created in default topic and message options (and smileys disabled).  I could add additional columns to the drafts table further detailing information about the draft (various settings you have selected when saving the draft), and then use those when you use the Post it! link.  I will do this eventually, as it would make for a more complete experience when using the drafts feature.

jossanaijr

Cal O'Shaw

Hello,

When the MOD is installed, what is the setting?  Is it off for everyone, on for everyone, on for Admin only?

I'd rather start with just Admins and another group being able to use it, and maybe later roll it out to everyone.  If it starts as "on" to everyone, I'll need to go to Maintenance Mode, install it, restrict it, and then leave Maintenance Mode.  And that involves giving notice, scheduling an outage, etc...

Grazie,

Cal

Cal O'Shaw

And many thanks for addressing deleted members!  You're fast!

Charles Hill

There are no settings with this mod.  There is just a permission (save_drafts).  When you give users this permission, they can use the drafts feature.

Cal O'Shaw

Okay, but how do I give it, or withhold it?  Or does installing the MOD give it to everyone?  I'm sorry if I seem thick here, but that isn't clear.

Charles Hill

When a permission is added, no membergroups have it (except the admin, because admins can do everything by default).  You have to enable the permission for a membergroup for members in that membergroup to use whatever that permission allows.

Cal O'Shaw

Ah, so I go to Admin > Membergroups > Modify and click on a checkbox in that Membergroup's panel, yes?

If it's not a bother, maybe add a screenshot of that panel or a line in the MOD description saying how to enable for specific membergroups?

Grazie mille!

ilikeitalot

Thx for adding the reply capability.  This mod is amazing.  Lots of fun even just playing around with it lol.  Such a great yet basic feature should be built-in to SMF imo.

The smileysEnabled defaulting to 0 with the Post It! is um... annoying.  Is there an easy way to hardcode that to be 1?  If not, that's OK, I'll just disable the Post It! link.

Charles Hill

I will be adding lots columns to the drafts table that store all possible post settings that you had when you saved the draft.

@Cal O'Shaw

I'll make the save_drafts permission be in its own permission group called Drafts (so that it's easier to distinguish from other permissions).  I guess I could make a screen shot of where to enable it also.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hey Charles,

This mod is so useful for us.
Great Mod. you have upgraded version to 1.04 , did we have to reinstall and install .  :-\

And if you have a automatic Timer which stores the composed message as draft for every 30 sec.

So in case of network problem or some power supply problem , our message will be saved as draft.

Hope this could be very useful.

May be once the post is done, let the draft be deleted.

And even need the stats on Profile page says how many draft they made totally so far and limitations for each draft.

If possible seperate link in stats page for admin to see all the drafts page and no of drafts used and pending so far for guest users.  ;)

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar, IT Acumens
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

jossanaijr

WOW. 1.04.  Working perfectly!  Thanks.!

ilikeitalot

Quote1.04-
Added Dutch translation
Various post settings now saved with draft: smileysEnabled, locked, isSticky, and icon

Wow Charles, you are a machine!  Thanks for getting this stuff added.

erlend_sh

Quote from: asudhakar on June 26, 2008, 02:14:23 AM(...)
And if you have a automatic Timer which stores the composed message as draft for every 30 sec.

So in case of network problem or some power supply problem , our message will be saved as draft.(...)
This would be an amazing feature, but I imagine it would be hard to do... If it works out then the Drafts mod will greatly broaden usefulness.

Cal O'Shaw

Besides a lot of work on Mr. Hill's part, I would think you'd start chewing up bandwidth as every person composing a post or pm is sending sending and receiving every 30 seconds.  You may have ISP capacity issues.

Charles Hill

Glad you all like the mod :)

QuoteMay be once the post is done, let the draft be deleted.
Drafts are deleted when you post them.

QuoteAnd if you have a automatic Timer which stores the composed message as draft for every 30 sec.

So in case of network problem or some power supply problem , our message will be saved as draft.
This might be possible.  I will look into it.  I am currently in the process of moving, so I won't get much done for a couple days.

QuoteAnd even need the stats on Profile page says how many draft they made totally so far and limitations for each draft.
I could add a settings page for this mod (in the admin area) where you can set the maximum number of drafts any one user can have.  I doubt having stats on how many drafts users have in their profile would be useful.  Seems like that would just be useless bloat.

QuoteIf possible seperate link in stats page for admin to see all the drafts page and no of drafts used and pending so far for guest users.
Guests can't use the drafts feature btw.

Sakae

Great mod, thank you!

brazilian-utf8:

$txt['permissionname_save_drafts'] = 'Pode salvar rascunhos';
$txt['only_new_topics'] = 'Pode salvar apenas novos tópicos como rascunhos.';
$txt['error_draft_not_saved'] = 'Houve um erro e seu rascunho <b>n&atilde;o foi salvo</b>.';
$txt['draft_saved'] = 'Seu rascunho foi salvo com sucesso.</a>.';
$txt['draft'] = 'Rascunho';
$txt['showDrafts'] = 'Ver rascunho(s)';
$txt['no_drafts'] = 'Sem rascunhos salvos.';
$txt['last_saved'] = '&Uacute;ltima altera&ccedil;&atilde;o';
$txt['lastSaved'] = '&Uacute;ltima Altera&ccedil;&atilde;o';
$txt['delete_draft_confirm'] = 'Tem certeza que deseja apagar?';
$txt['save_as_draft'] = 'Salvar como rascunho';
$txt['draft_saved_short'] = 'Rascunhos salvos';
$txt['loadDrafts'] = 'Carregar rascunhos';
$txt['hideDrafts'] = 'Esconder';
$txt['post_draft_confirm'] = 'Confirme a publica&ccedil;&atilde;o da mensagem?';
$txt['drafts_postIt'] = 'Publicar';
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Cal O'Shaw

I noticed with 1.04 that everyone who is authorised to save drafts now has the "Show Drafts" link in their profile.  But unless one clicks on the link, one doesn't know if one has any drafts pending.  So it would really be helpful if there was some indicator to remind the member they have drafts (a count might be nice, but any sort of an indicator would be nice).

For Admins, it might be nice to know how many drafts are pending, maybe even counts of who has them, but to be honest, since the smf_drafts table gets compacted along with the other tables, and you purge drafts when a member is deleted, well, we don't get such stats on PMs either and seem to do just fine...

I'm getting good feedback from my test group, so at the risk of sounding like a broken record... Grazie mille!

Cal

chrisb

Hi

We have installed this on version 1.1.5 and then applied this to the packages and when we goto find the link for the blog, we are unable to find it at all showing up, is there are reason why this might not work on a fresh install, also we are using the default template as well. what could be causing these issues.

Advertisement: