News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by live627, June 24, 2008, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hey Charles,

Installed 1.06 - Went to profile and click on Post it button.

And it showed me this error.

Unknown column 'topicDescription' in 'field list'
File: /home/itacumen/public_html/forum/Sources/Profile.php
Line: 3712

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.5, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Any suggestion.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Charles Hill

Yea I see what the problem is.... I forgot to add something to the add_settings.php file.  Sigh.... this is what happens when I try to do stuff when I'm really tired :(

I'll update it to v1.07 with the corrections to add_settings.php.  One minute.

Soms

I have just installed 1.07.  I clicked on profle and got this error;

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare showdrafts() (previously declared in /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Sources/Profile.php:3171) in /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Sources/Profile.php on line 3219

Will you please check it out?

Charles Hill

That means there are two instances of the showdrafts() function.  You'll have to open up your Sources/Profile.php file and remove the old instance.

Soms

Btw this is the updated Dutch translation for 1.07

Quote// Drafts txt variables
$txt['permissiongroup_drafts'] = 'Conceptberichten';
$txt['permissionname_save_drafts'] = 'Kan topics als concept opslaan';
$txt['only_new_topics'] = 'Kan alleen nieuwe topics als concept opslaan.';
$txt['error_draft_not_saved'] = 'Er is iets fout gegaan. Het concept bericht is <b>niet</b> opgeslagen.';
$txt['draft_saved'] = 'Concept opgeslagen.';
$txt['draft'] = 'Concept';
$txt['showDrafts'] = 'Toon concept berichten';
$txt['no_drafts'] = 'Er zijn geen concept berichten te tonen.';
$txt['last_saved'] = 'Laatst opgeslagen';
$txt['lastSaved'] = 'Laatst opgeslagen';
$txt['delete_draft_confirm'] = 'Weet je zeker dat je dit concept wilt verwijderen?';
$txt['save_as_draft'] = 'Opslaan als concept';
$txt['draft_saved_short'] = 'Concept opgeslagen';
$txt['loadDrafts'] = 'Laad concept berichten';
$txt['hideDrafts'] = 'Verbergen';
$txt['post_draft_confirm'] = 'Weet je zeker dat je dit concept bericht wilt verzenden?';
$txt['drafts_postIt'] = 'Verzenden!';

PM me for future language modifications  ;D

Soms

Quote from: Charles Hill on July 05, 2008, 04:50:41 AM
That means there are two instances of the showdrafts() function.  You'll have to open up your Sources/Profile.php file and remove the old instance.

Ok I'll go check.

Soms

Quote from: Soms on July 05, 2008, 04:53:22 AM
Quote from: Charles Hill on July 05, 2008, 04:50:41 AM

Ok I'll go check.

No luck. The profile.php file is messed up now. I'll try and work it out later. I have to go get some stuff in the city now.

erlend_sh

I searched "poll" but no hits, so I'll just ask:
Does this mod work with polls? Could I make a poll, then save the whole thing in drafts (including poll question and options of course), just to post it on a later date?

Lady Night Owl

Quote from: Sadr on July 05, 2008, 07:17:05 AM
I searched "poll" but no hits, so I'll just ask:
Does this mod work with polls? Could I make a poll, then save the whole thing in drafts (including poll question and options of course), just to post it on a later date?

I've tried to make a poll and save it, but it only saved the post - that would be a nice addition to a future version of this mod.

Also, if you can (this might be a little too much, I don't know) but it would be neat to be able to save private messages as drafts as well. If you could work that into a future release that would be great, but if not, no biggie. :)
Running SMF 2.0.1

Charles Hill

Ya I'll work on polls and private messages.  Right now I'm working on v1.08 of my blog mod though.

Lady Night Owl

Thanks! No rush. :)
Running SMF 2.0.1

Charles Hill

@Soms...
Are you sure you uninstalled the previous version properly?

Soms

Now I get this!

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare template_showdrafts() (previously declared in /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(1781) : eval()'d code:2566) in /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(1781) : eval()'d code on line 2622

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hey Charles, Thanks for it. Now V1.07 is working perfectly.

When i went through profile page, it showed one draft and when i clicked post it .

That as posted in the category perfectly.

Thanks charles for this Great Mod.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Charles Hill

Quote from: Soms on July 06, 2008, 11:36:22 AM
Now I get this!

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare template_showdrafts() (previously declared in /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(1781) : eval()'d code:2566) in /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(1781) : eval()'d code on line 2622

It's sounding like you didn't uninstall the previous version of the drafts mod when you installed v1.07.  Delete the older instance of template_showDrafts() in your Profile.template.php file.

Soms

Quote from: Charles Hill on July 06, 2008, 03:25:10 PM

It's sounding like you didn't uninstall the previous version of the drafts mod when you installed v1.07.  Delete the older instance of template_showDrafts() in your Profile.template.php file.

The problem is resolved now. I did actually uninstall the previous version. At least I did automatically. But some stuff in the files you mentioned were somehow not automatically removed. I've done that manually now and installed the latest version. It is working ok.

Matthew Schenker

Good Morning,
This is a great idea!  I've been wanting to add something like this to my forum for a while, so thanks for developing it.

Quick question: is there a way to only give "draft" rights to certain members?

Thanks,
Matthew

Sakae

Use the permission system. I only give this feature for certain groups.

I'm using SMF 1.1.5
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Matthew Schenker

Quote from: softcore on July 16, 2008, 10:06:10 AM
Use the permission system. I only give this feature for certain groups.

I'm using SMF 1.1.5

OK, thanks.  Yes, I see that now!  I've never quite gotten used to the permissions system.
Thanks again for the help!
This is a great modification.
Matthew

kizley

hi,

İam using default version SMF 1.5
i am Admin of my site,this feature is working very well for me but my other members cant view this.How do i set this now?
they can only see------------post  preview  spellcheck

Advertisement: