News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by live627, June 24, 2008, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Hill

Those are some good ideas.  I am swamped as it is with my Blog Community mod and setting up a store.  Once I get all that rolling I'll revise the drafts mod completely.

Sabre™

Awesome! :)

Your blog mod looks pretty cool too.
Keep up the great work champ :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Lady Night Owl

After an attempt at installing a different mod, my Profile.php code became royally fouled up.

Now, I've got the profiles back, but I'm getting this error:

8: Undefined variable: drafts_counter
File: /forums/Sources/Profile.php
Line: 211

Line 211

$context['profile_areas']['info']['areas']['showDrafts'] = '<a style="white-space:nowrap;" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=showDrafts">' . $txt['showDrafts'] . ' ' . $drafts_counter . '</a>';

And of course, the counter isn't there anymore - and I do have some drafts saved.

I manually reentered this mod's code in the Profile.php and have combed through this code until my eyes just about crossed. I don't even know exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for anyway. I'm thinking that the Profile.php file might be fine - maybe there is something in another file that controls this?

If you have time, would you mind looking at the attached and let me know what's wrong? I'm not in a huge rush since the mod does work everywhere else.

Thanks in advance!
Running SMF 2.0.1

Lady Night Owl

Quote from: Lady Night Owl on October 12, 2008, 08:58:18 PM
After an attempt at installing a different mod, my Profile.php code became royally fouled up.

Line 211

$context['profile_areas']['info']['areas']['showDrafts'] = '<a style="white-space:nowrap;" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=showDrafts">' . $txt['showDrafts'] . ' ' . $drafts_counter . '</a>';

And of course, the counter isn't there anymore - and I do have some drafts saved.

I manually reentered this mod's code in the Profile.php and have combed through this code until my eyes just about crossed. I don't even know exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for anyway. I'm thinking that the Profile.php file might be fine - maybe there is something in another file that controls this?

If you have time, would you mind looking at the attached and let me know what's wrong? I'm not in a huge rush since the mod does work everywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

Any ideas about this?
Running SMF 2.0.1

Lady Night Owl

Quote from: Lady Night Owl on November 07, 2008, 01:45:04 AM
Quote from: Lady Night Owl on October 12, 2008, 08:58:18 PM

Line 211

Thanks in advance!

Any ideas about this?

Ah, nevermind. I switched over to SMF 2 Beta 4 and can't use this mod at all.

I am hoping when a stable version of 2 is released, the mod will be upgraded and can be installed there.

Charles, do you have any plans to make this available to SMF 2 users? Out of all the mods I had installed, this is one of the few that I've missed since the move.
Running SMF 2.0.1

Charles Hill

Ya I do plan to make this for SMF 2.0+.... But like i've said for Blog Community, I am still weary of them making drastic changes.

Sabre™

Hi Charles :)

Just checking up on the progress of this/these ideas.
I know you're a busy man, so I thought I'd remind you incase you'd forgotten.

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 08, 2008, 05:21:48 AM
Hi Mate :)
Excellent job with this mod!!

How or would it be possible, to have your draft be able to post in any topic?
Say I made the draft in the SMF 1.x.x support thread, then went over to the SMF 2.x.x thread and wanted to use it there. If I click on "Load Drafts" it would post it in the SMF 1.x.x thread instead of the SMF 2.x.x thread.

Anyway to change this?

Or to have some drafts stay to be repeatedly used over n over again.
Like here when you explain how to use the "Package Parser".
Instead of retyping it over n over again, you could have the "repeat draft/template" to continuosly use when you click "Load Drafts".
Just an idea ;)

Thank You in advance mate :)
Quote from: Charles Hill on October 08, 2008, 06:30:14 PM
Those are some good ideas.  I am swamped as it is with my Blog Community mod and setting up a store.  Once I get all that rolling I'll revise the drafts mod completely.

Thanks Champ :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Cal O'Shaw

Charles,

Will that be when you address the sticky topic problem?  No pressure, just looking for something to tell my folk who've asked me.

Grazie,

Cal

Sabre™

Does that have to do with this mod?
Whats the issue you're having?

Charles Hill

When I redo the mod I'll address those issues, yes.

Sabre™

Cool..
No rush mate, you do what you need to do first.

Thanks for the reply :)

Lady Night Owl

Quote from: Charles Hill on November 19, 2008, 04:08:18 PM
Ya I do plan to make this for SMF 2.0+.... But like i've said for Blog Community, I am still weary of them making drastic changes.

I completely understand, that's a lot of work that might turn out to be for nothing; I was just curious :)

Sorry, haven't paid much attention to the blog thread so I didn't see your comments about the SMF 2.0+ :\
Running SMF 2.0.1

redline7366

Has anyone had any issues with using attachments in the post draft. 

I receive the following error when trying to add an attachment:

Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

Neither is the case.  No issues using attachments in the normal posting environment.

Kimmie

I'm seeing this error in my log:

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3
File: /home/patriotg/public_html/Sources/Post.php
Line: 1081

Any ideas?

Charles Hill

If you post the query I can help you diagnose the problem.

Kimmie

Quote from: Charles Hill on December 01, 2008, 11:56:51 PM
If you post the query I can help you diagnose the problem.

Not sure what you mean by query. Are you wanting me to post the actual Post.php file?

Charles Hill

The error you posted has to do with a mysql query.  It tells you the file name, the line # of the query, and the line # within the query where the error is.  You can post the whole Post.php if u want.

Kimmie

ak ok well I have never done that before so I will just post the actual file. The error is happening when saved drafts are posted.

Charles Hill

In that file... find:
$board = !empty($draft_info['boardID']) ? $draft_info['boardID'] : '';

replace with:
$board = !empty($draft_info['boardID']) ? $draft_info['boardID'] : 0;

Advertisement: