News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by live627, June 24, 2008, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

Quote from: Charles Hill on December 03, 2008, 09:04:50 AM
In that file... find:
$board = !empty($draft_info['boardID']) ? $draft_info['boardID'] : '';

replace with:
$board = !empty($draft_info['boardID']) ? $draft_info['boardID'] : 0;

ok I will try that and see if it fixes the issue and let you know. thanks.

Kimmie

ok well now nobody can reply to any posts on the site now. This error keeps coming up for members and I get a hacking attempt in my error log:

Errors members see:

Error "I" get when making replies:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('Sigs are Lookin Good :)', 1, 65534), SUBSTRING('kjb0007'' at line 4
File: /home//public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1542

And eror in my log:

Hacking attempt...

INSERT INTO smf_messages
(ID_BOARD, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, body, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime,
posterIP, smileysEnabled, modifiedName, icon)
VALUES (9, 18987, 6, SUBSTRING('Re: I'm without internet.... AHHHHH', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('Must feel good to be back online.....  a-14

Glad to have you back.  a-40', 1, 65534), SUBSTRING('PieceMaker', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('[email protected]', 1, 255), 1228525292,
SUBSTRING('69.230.220.143', 1, 255), 1, '', SUBSTRING('wink', 1, 16))

ANd

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('Sigs are Lookin Good :)', 1, 65534), SUBSTRING('kjb0007'' at line 4

Propaganistas

Hiya,

could anyone please add a cycle topic creation to this mod? More info in this topic: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=280845.0

It would be great if this is possible :)

Thanks in advance
~Propa

Cal O'Shaw

Mr. Hill,

Hate to be a bother, but any word on progress on fixing the "unstickied topic" bug.  It's the only thing keeping me from releasing this to my membership.

Grazie,

Cal

JoeB

Translation in Arabic
[// Drafts txt variables
$txt['permissionname_save_drafts'] = 'اسم الخاصية_تخزين مســـودة';
$txt['only_new_topics'] = 'المواضيع الجديدة فقط.';
$txt['error_draft_not_saved'] = 'حدث خطا المســـودة لم تخزن<b>me</b>di.';
$txt['draft_saved'] = ' تم خزن المســـودة .';
$txt['draft'] = 'مســـودة';
$txt['showDrafts'] = 'اضهر المســـودة';
$txt['no_drafts'] = 'لاتوجد مســـودة.';
$txt['last_saved'] = 'تاريخ اخر خزن';
$txt['lastSaved'] = 'تاريخ اخر خـزن';
$txt['delete_draft_confirm'] = 'الغي المسود_ثبت?';
$txt['save_as_draft'] = 'اخزن كمسودة';
$txt['draft_saved_short'] = 'المسودة المخزونة قصيرة';
$txt['loadDrafts'] = 'حمل مسودة';
$txt['hideDrafts'] = 'اخفي المسودة';

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi Charles, i found the Zcommunity blog mod is been upgraded to 2.0.4.

Is there any chance for us to have an Update of Drafts mod with 2.0.4 Compatibility.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Charles Hill

I'm going to revise this mod to work with both SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.  I don't know how long it will take, though.

Cal O'Shaw

Hello,

It's been awhile so I thought I'd ask if you've had the opportunity to look at fixing the "unsticky topic" problem and would be releasing a fix under 1.1.8.

Grazie,

Cal

Özgür

Any updates for smf 2.0 ?
So Long

Yağız...

Quote from: Özgür´ on March 13, 2009, 08:37:48 PM
Any updates for smf 2.0 ?
I updated for my friend(Alpay) but it was when 2.0 Beta 4 wasn't released yet. So it shouldn't be compatible with RC1... And it wasn't totally compatible with 2.0, I didn't know anything about 2.0's coding.

saosangmo

It's very useful mod. Hope it'll be released for SMF 2.0 soon!

stefann

If anyone does look at updating this for SMF 2.0 this would be great.

There's a little feature I'd like to see implemented to automatically save a draft of a post if you submit it and then it fails, perhaps because somebody else posted first, or you forgot to enter a title. Either way, it does give you a chance to resubmit but I've found some people close the window too quickly to realise, and thus lose their post. If the re-posting is successful the draft could be deleted, it just avoids the possibility of the post being lost if they don't re-post it.

I'd love to do this myself, but unfortunately I don't have the time to look after mods right now
full time lurker on freenode #smf

Cal O'Shaw

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on March 06, 2009, 03:06:40 AM
Hello,

It's been awhile so I thought I'd ask if you've had the opportunity to look at fixing the "unsticky topic" problem and would be releasing a fix under 1.1.8.

Grazie,

Cal

Mr. Hill,

Do you think you might be looking into the 'unsticky topic' bug any time soon, or will it be after 2.0.0 goes Gold?  I know we plan on staying on 1.1.x for a few months after the 2.0.0 release, waiting for all the MODs to migrate (and those last shy bugs to be squashed with 2.0.1...)

Grazie,

Cal

CarpeDiem

Charles,

In another thread, you said:  "The Drafts Mod does most of what you want.  Though there were a couple minor issues... and it doesn't have the full organizational abilities you describe."

Your comment above about minor issues and organizational abilities that your Drafts Mod might lack is what I'd like you to clarify if you will.

CarpeDiem

I'm suggesting that SMF make drafts a normal part of the next release of SMF 2.1.

I've started a thread in the Feature Requests section at this link and if you want to see it as a regular part of SMF and not a Mod, please feel free to add your support!

REMEMBER:  If it's not a Mod, then there will no longer be a need to manually install and fiddle with inserting code hither and tither.  If it makes it into the next release, it should always be there for us and our website forums for the future forward (and it's our users about whom we should be concerned).

Please support!  Charles has done a great job, but he no longer has time and energy for this it seems (he's got other irons in the fire!).  He hasn't responded to anyone here since January (and it's now June).  I'll bet people are not even checking back in this thread since they're discouraged.  Have courage!

SUPPORT DRAFTS AS A REGULAR FEATURE OF SMF HERE!

Cal O'Shaw

Mr. Hill,

Will you be revisiting this MOD?

Also, it won't install in 1.1.10 because of a bug when using "1.1.99" in the INSTALL or UNINSTALL verbs.  Bug has been reported here.

Cal

Remixed

Have you tryed a Manual Install of this mod?

Cal O'Shaw

I have had it installed for some time (see my posts earlier in this topic about a bug regarding sticky posts).

I was reporting that there is a problem if someone is installing it on 1.1.10 for the first time as well as hoping Mr. Hill would perhaps address the bug in this MOD.

Cal

gbsothere

I know that Charles is tied up and that his site is down, as well.  But if some "code-savvy" person could help me weed through this forum error, I'll be eternally grateful. 
:)

Error (pages and pages of it): 

8: Undefined variable: drafts_counter
File: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/httpdocs/smf/Sources/Profile.php
Line: 215

Line 215 of Sources/Profile.php

$context['profile_areas']['info']['areas']['showDrafts'] = '<a style="white-space:nowrap;" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=showDrafts">' . $txt['showDrafts'] . ' ' . $drafts_counter . '</a>';

Suggestions?   

SMF 1.1.10/Default
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Sabre™

May be of no help, but could you attach your Profile.php
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Advertisement: