News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by live627, June 24, 2008, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: Sabre™ on August 05, 2009, 07:06:57 AM
May be of no help, but could you attach your Profile.php

Sabre™, I can't tell you how relieved I was to see that this thread had been bumped.   :)   Thanks, so much.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Ben K

I'll make Russian translation if you update if for SMF 2.0 RC1-2 :P

Sabre™

@ gbsothere
Is your drafts table in your db?

Im just reaching mate, I saw you needed assistance, so wanted to help, but as my previous post states
Quote from: Sabre™ on August 05, 2009, 07:06:57 AM
May be of no help.....
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

gbsothere

I'm so completely stumped that I appreciate just the fact that you're looking at this.   :D

The only table I see in the DB is smf_drafts.  Should there really only be one table for the Drafts mod?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Sabre™

Yes.
Might have to wait for the op to reply mate, I couldnt replicate your problem.
Sorry buddy :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

gbsothere

Thanks for looking though, Sabre™.   I'm not sure when we'll see Charles again, but maybe he'll miss us and come looking for us.   :D

Thanks!

gbsothere

Just wanted to add, Sabre™, that I browsed the smf_drafts table and found two drafts that looked very familiar and, sure enough, I looked on my forum and there were two threads matching the titles of these drafts that a poster still was showing as "Saved".  I don't know how the drafts counter functions but it seems to me that, at least in this case, drafts that were posted weren't released from the "saved" category.  I would guess that this could mess up the counter?   I deleted them from the DB to see if we're still getting errors, so I'm in the "wait and see" mode.   

:)

Sabre™

gbsothere, hows it looking mate?

Very nice Arantor
Thanks in advance :)

gbsothere

Quote from: Sabre™ on August 07, 2009, 05:18:32 PM
gbsothere, hows it looking mate?

Very nice Arantor
Thanks in advance :)

Well, I'm afraid I'm still riddled with "draft_counter" errors, Sabre™, and I'm stuck on a road trip and can't really tinker with it until I return home, but I choose to believe that one day, when we least expect it, Charles will return with much fanfare and a bag of tricks and the world will be good, again.   :D

(I also choose to believe I can fly just by aiming at the ground and missing.)    ;D

gbsothere

*bumping this today, in case Charles sees it*   :)

Quote from: gbsothere on August 01, 2009, 01:45:54 AM
I know that Charles is tied up and that his site is down, as well.  But if some "code-savvy" person could help me weed through this forum error, I'll be eternally grateful. 
:)

Error (pages and pages of it): 

8: Undefined variable: drafts_counter
File: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/httpdocs/smf/Sources/Profile.php
Line: 215

Line 215 of Sources/Profile.php

$context['profile_areas']['info']['areas']['showDrafts'] = '<a style="white-space:nowrap;" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=showDrafts">' . $txt['showDrafts'] . ' ' . $drafts_counter . '</a>';

Suggestions?   

SMF 1.1.10/Default

Kimmie

Quote from: Arantor on August 05, 2009, 09:14:14 AM
I doubt this mod itself will be updated to 2.0 because the author doesn't appear to be particularly interested; I even asked if he would like help in making it 2.0 compatible (in 2 separate PMs) but this went unanswered.

I will be developing a mod for this once RC2 is available, not before. As you're all aware there are huge changes afoot in RC2 and I will not be developing and maintaining two separate versions of code.

THANK YOU in advance!! This mod was used alot on my site when I was using the 1.X version of SMF and is missed BADLY..lol. Cant wait for your release!

Sabre™

You sir are truly a gentleman.
Good stuff mate, and thanks in advance :)

KensonPlays

Can't wait! My friend keeps trying to post, and keeps getting 500 Server Errors!

Hurry up 2.0RC2 Public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

saosangmo

Hope the author release version for SMF 2.0 soon.
thanks
-saosangmo

Sakae

So... No update for SMF 2.0 RC2?

Arantor once said he has some pieces of code ready... Have you finished, dude?

This mod is so useful that it should come from default SMF.
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Sakae

Quote from: Sakae on February 09, 2010, 05:47:36 PM
QuoteThis mod is so useful that it should come from default SMF.

I was trying to argue this for SMF 2.1 but no-one seemed to listen at the time.

I guess we won't see this MOD updated soon, right?

Developers should care for this plugin much more than fix the WYSIWYG editor.

This is, like, way way way way more useful (and cool).

TheListener

This would be a handy feature especially when making a long post.

Support on smf seems rather lower than it used to be.

KensonPlays

Will it EVER be release for 2.0RC2??????

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Sakae

Meanwhile, is it possible to create some kind of notepad on each member's profile configuration screen to use as draft? :P

Advertisement: