News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by live627, June 24, 2008, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

This mod is far-out.
Please add russian translation (see attachments).

gbsothere

Quote from: Charles Hill on August 04, 2010, 03:48:30 PM
Hello All,

Sorry I've been gone for so long.  The past couple months I've finally had a bunch of time to get things done that I've been too busy to do for a while.  As I told Spuds, I now had time to revisit the drafts mod.  I've been working the past few days on it.  Here are the changes as of now:

! Fixed Sticky problem

This is a good way to start my day.   ;)

Welcome back!
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Charles Hill

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on August 06, 2010, 02:48:08 AM
Mr. Hill,

Welcome back!

Testing out your MOD on our 1.1.11 site right now.

Just wondering if at some point it might be possible for Admins to know how many drafts are in use.  Not who has how many (although that could help), and certainly not be able to look at them, but just to get an idea of how much the feature is used.  I would think the call for a count of how many drafts are in the drafts table would not require a lot of resource, but then I'm not writing the call :).

If not, no worries, but it would be helpful if possible.

Again, welcome back, and grazie mille!

Cal

I re-read this topic front to back when redoing this mod... I did notice your request for some kind of admin area.  It'll take some time to develop it, and I wanted to get what I had already done out to you guys as soon as possible.  I'll be out of town for 3 weeks starting next week, but I will try to get this done.  If you can think of specifics for what you'd like to be able to do with the admin area, that would helpful.  Thanks!  :)

I do very much appreciate any and all feedback that you guys have to share with me.  I do read it, and I will do my best to provide you with a solid modification for your forums.

Quote from: RAULVK on August 06, 2010, 05:37:38 AM
I can not erase the drafts save of my profile, help please.

You can delete drafts via the list of drafts that is displayed in your profile and on the post page.  If you are an administrator, you can view the drafts of your users in their profile page as well.  You should also be able to delete, edit, and post any of your users' drafts.

If you experiencing what you think is a bug with the mod, please post any errors from your logs that you think are related and a detailed description of what you are doing when you experience the would-be bug.

Quote from: gbsothere on August 06, 2010, 09:45:04 AM
This is a good way to start my day.   ;)

Welcome back!

Interested to hear how you like the new version :)

Quote from: Bugo on August 06, 2010, 08:19:47 AM
This mod is far-out.
Please add russian translation (see attachments).

Thank you for the compliment and the translation.  I'll be adding additional languages as individual installation packs on the drafts mod page.

Cal O'Shaw

Mr. Hill,

Again, thank you for updating this MOD.  Looks really good.  An unintended side-effect has been when members have clicked REPLY and see all their pending drafts, they noticed that some have been waiting since 2008 and they go and delete them.  That is really helpful! :)  Grazie!

As to administrative features, as I noted earlier it would be helpful to know about how many drafts are in the database.  If you were to go further, being able to have a list of members and how many drafts (or just that they have drafts) would be helpful.  Each member name would be a link to the Show Drafts sub-function that displays the list of drafts for that member.

It might also be nice to set a post minimum before members can access the Drafts feature.  Just to preclude people coming in, creating a bunch of drafts because they don't know what they're doing, and then wandering on, never coming back and leaving drafts to age and fill the table.  (We would probably set it to something like 5, as we do want members to take advantage of this great MOD and if they post 5 messages, they are likely to stay around).

And, based on the above, if you're feeling really adventurous, in the AdminCP be able to set an age, in days, where drafts older than that age raise a flag on the AdminCP.  It might only list members who have one or more Drafts, or it might be a warning on the Post Reply page or Profile of the member to let them know they have some really old drafts that they probably will never send and could perhaps delete.

Hope this list isn't a bother, and that others will chime in, both in their view whether such things are useful or not, as well as their own suggestions.

Hope your three weeks away is for something enjoyable (holiday or such).

Grazie mille,

Cal

Cal O'Shaw

I would agree with Spuds on adding a Save as Draft on the Quick Reply option.

I disagree with Spuds about collapsing the Drafts List by default.  Out of sight, out of mind.  So, might I suggest the following two checkboxes on the AdminCP:

- "By default, collapse the Drafts List"
- "Allow users to collapse Drafts List"

Hope these are useful.

Cal

danielseeksGod

to fix the delete issue, just find and change "area=showdrafts" to "area=show_drafts" in the drafts.template file

Charles Hill

Quote from: danielseeksGod on August 08, 2010, 02:17:10 PM
to fix the delete issue, just find and change "area=showdrafts" to "area=show_drafts" in the drafts.template file

Yup that's the fix to the bug Spuds was talking about (the problem deleting drafts).   Easy fix.  :)  Should be noted that bug is only for SMF 2.0.  Drafts for SMF 1.1 doesn't have that bug.  The fix will be included in the next release of the mod.  I'm leaving for my trip tomorrow, but I should be able to get started on incorporating some / possibly all of the suggestions put forth by Spuds and Cal O'Shaw.

Cal O'Shaw

Grazie mille.  Safe travels.

sonicfetish

Where do I enable this mod. I've installed it. It installed fine but I can't find how to use it or where to enable it. I know this seems like a dumb question but I really could use suck a cool mod.

sonicfetish

Nevermind I found it... one problem though. When I choose to "Post it!" I get the following:

"An error has occured"
Hacker?

I've been called a lot of things but never a hacker.. lol

Charles Hill

Quote from: sonicfetish on September 01, 2010, 03:09:53 PM
Nevermind I found it... one problem though. When I choose to "Post it!" I get the following:

"An error has occured"
Hacker?

I've been called a lot of things but never a hacker.. lol

Do you have any other mods installed?

sonicfetish

Go Up & Go Down
Custom Greeting Mod
Share This Topic
Drafts (for SMF 2.0 / SMF 1.1)
Aeva Media
Ad Seller Pro
Custom Field On Posting     
Display Name On Registration    1.9    
Enhanced Profile    1.1.5    
PaypalDonations    2.0    
Custom Tab    1.2    
EzPortal    0.4.0    
SMF File Manager    2.1.3    
Own Logo Links To Domain
Group on Registration      1.1.1      
Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod
Downloads Pro
Anti-Spam Verification Questions
Profile Comments
New Profile Layout | S-Ac

Charles Hill

Anti-Spam Verification Questions is probably the problem.  I don't have time to look into it right now... but maybe in the next couple days.

sonicfetish

that would be great... thanks

Charles Hill

@ sonicfetish

After looking at the description for Anti-Spam Verification Questions, it seems as though that mod only messes with registrations (not posting).  Could you post a copy of your site's current Post.php so that I can figure out what is possibly the problem with your site in particular?  Could help find a conflict with another mod.  Could also just be your site.

@ Everybody

I've been super busy since I got back into town, so I haven't had much time to make a second release.  This is what I've got so far for 2.0.2:

! Fixed problem with deleting drafts (SMF 2.0)
! When posting a new topic with a poll via "Post it!" and loading a draft that has stored poll information... now verifies poll related permissions and forum settings
! Added checks for things like trying to post a draft of a reply to a locked topic (using "Post it!")
! Approval attributes for topics and replies now done properly when using "Post it!" (SMF 2.0)
+ Added "Save as Draft" button to Quick Reply
+ Added keyboard shortcut (alt+d / shift+alt+d) to "Save as Draft" button (all instances)

Haven't added an admin area or any draft related settings (yet).  And I still have to look into making the draft page of the user profile area consistent with the rest of the user profile pages (for SMF 2.0).

qubbah

Having this problem

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`locked` tinyint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
ADD `isSticky` tinyint(4)' at line 2
File: /var/www/html/forum/Packages/temp/install2.php
Line: 67

saks

Grate mod and easy to install!
How to insert the button "Save In draft" on quick reply page?

dmacleo

fwiw tested on rc4, seems to work well.

Teerapat

Excellent Mod!!!
I love this Mod very much.
It works well on SMF 2.0 RC5.
Thank you

KensonPlays

When I emulated RC3 on RC5 it installed successfully but messes up the Stop Spammer mod and I cannot "Reject" or "approve" a user a DB thing in Sources/Subs-Members.php

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: