News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hacking attempt? Worry? Do anything?

Started by weightman, June 25, 2008, 07:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weightman

I found this error a few times from the same IP all of a sudden in the logs. My impression is it is an attempt to use a bot to defeat the registration captcha and automate bogus accounts? By the way, what the heck does track IP really do? I have tried to use it to follow the actions of guests/members I am curious about and/or worried about and can see no way to track anything. Is it something wrong with my site or is this a useless/broken feature? I have Gallery Pro installed and it sort of looks to me, not an expert, that this is something related to the gallery if not the registration captcha? If so, I will post at gallery site if someone can inform. Also, maybe flashchat issue?

Thanks very much

8: Undefined index: num_chat
File: /home/notrealdirectory/public_html/smf/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
Line: 413
?option=com_smf&Itemid=39&action=register Result: pictocode could not be decoded;registered (registering only mode is ON);

SleePy

Are you using a bridge?

Did you have a chat mod installed

Track IP works fine. Just remember that when you empty your logs you remove the ability for track IP to function properly. Track IP works by tracking who has used that IP, and what was done.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

weightman

Yes, I am using Ortsio's bridge for Mambo, along with flashchat and mod. How/where do you view the results of an IP you track?

Thanks

Rumbaar

Quote from: weightman on June 26, 2008, 10:03:53 AMHow/where do you view the results of an IP you track?
Well in the logs, you just click the IP address and it will take you to the Track IP feature.

Or hit /index.php?action=trackip
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: