News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

Started by ne.miguelito, June 27, 2008, 11:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ne.miguelito

Hello,

When I try to send PM's for all my members (Approx. 4600 members) appears this:

QuoteFatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/nemigue/public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 552

in that line has this:

Quote$to_array = array_diff($to_array, array($to_address));

some suggestion?

Jade Elizabeth

Yeah, contact your host about increasing the php "memory_limit"

I had to, it was at 8MB, I needed 16MB :)..He told me I could upload my own, I did...no more errors!!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

ne.miguelito

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

H

The memory limit isn't the issue here it is the maximum execution time ;)

Try opening index.php and adding the following after <?php

set_time_limit(0);

If that doesn't work you host is enforcing the time limit and you'll have to contact them and request they increase it :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: H on July 02, 2008, 09:14:55 AM

set_time_limit(0);

If that doesn't work you host is enforcing the time limit and you'll have to contact them and request they increase it :)

Wow, I dunno who told me it was memory_limit then..though that fixed it on my forum. Thanks H.

ne.miguelito

Quote from: H on July 02, 2008, 09:14:55 AM

set_time_limit(0);

the index.php to alter it is what is in the root of the forum?

greyknight17

Yes, open it up and add that single line after <?php

Realinfo

Sir............... I added what u said after ............... but this show again an error and my My forum not get opned. then i deleted that.....and then my forum come to normal.................. <?php this i found just a start................. is it that............. or where I'm wrong............... thanks.....................

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Realinfo on July 24, 2008, 04:17:20 AM
Sir............... I added what u said after ............... but this show again an error and my My forum not get opned. then i deleted that.....and then my forum come to normal.................. <?php this i found just a start................. is it that............. or where I'm wrong............... thanks.....................

<?php
set_time_limit
(0);

That's what it should look like :)

Realinfo

sir.............this  problem is coming again and again............ so tell me clearly and simply................ INDEX.PHP of FTP has to change........... in this way u told...........

Jade Elizabeth

Please copy and paste the first 3 lines of your index.php. This is in the root folder of the forum :).

Realinfo

<?php
/**********************************************************************************
* index.php                                                                       *
***********************************************************************************
* SMF: Simple Machines Forum                                                      *
* Open-Source Project Inspired by Zef Hemel ([email protected])                    *
* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 1.1.5                                           *
* Software by:                Simple Machines (http://www.simplemachines.org)     *
* Copyright 2006-2007 by:     Simple Machines LLC (http://www.simplemachines.org) *

Sir these are few first lines of My Index.php

Tell what i have to do?????????

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Realinfo

sir......... are u sure I can attach index.php here........ I mean Isn't contain any password or anything by which anyone can hack ............. as I don't know much.............

Sir I attach Index file that i got when i download SMF......... so make change in it and then i will get............

N3RVE

Quote from: Realinfo on August 27, 2008, 10:41:44 AM
sir......... are u sure I can attach index.php here........ I mean Isn't contain any password or anything by which anyone can hack ............. as I don't know much.............
SMF doesn't store confidential information like passwords, etc in source files - they are in the database.
The files you should not make public are Settings.php and Settings_bak.php.

Use the attached ;)

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Realinfo

Thanks.............. That was all I want.......... now see if that no error will come

Advertisement: