News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

paths (?) problems?

Started by weekend camper, January 14, 2005, 04:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekend camper

I have tried this several ways, and now I am at the end of what I know to fix it.

I believe I am installing the bridge correctly.  I know that MOS works and I know that SMF works independently of each other.

However, I get this message when I click on my MOS forums link:

QuoteWarning: main(xxx/forums/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /raid/home/xxx/xxx/mambo/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 18

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'xxx/forums/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/scripts/php-4310/lib/php') in /raid/home/xxx/xxx/mambo/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 18

I don't understand why there is a double entry into my paths into the forums.  Any pointers would be great.

I have also tried different permutations of "/raid/home/xxx" when configuring the components in MOS (SMF and SMF Registration) but that doesn't help.

Another strange thing is that I can't get into the SMF registration component in MOS admin panel to edit it.

>:(

chadness

There aren't any registration configuration options curently, so that part is normal at least.

Did you put a link of type Component in your main menu in Mambo?  You can't do it as a URL or wrapper.

weekend camper

yes, it looks like it is a component:

link is:

index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=43

Orstio

Your path is not correct in the bridge config.  It should be:

/raid/home/xxx/xxx/forums

weekend camper

Its been a long day, so forgive if this doesn't come off right....

1 - the triple x's are the same folder name, duplicated.  I am assuming that is wrong.  I have tried to fix it via mambo-->CP-->components-->SMF-->edit config.  I have also looked in some/most of the files that came with the bridge folders, but didn't see any lines that controlled the folders in question.  Can u please give me the name of the bridge file to change manually?

2 - this is a new host to me, and they already gave me one ooopsie.  I understand less than half of what he says, but I'll include it just in case its relevant.
QuoteSorry about that. This machine you are on is the last machine we have that
we have not set the default for .php files to be run under version 4. The
reason is we need to go in and preserve all instances, that sites are
running .php files under version 2, so that is a bit time consuming.
Anyhow I have created a .htaccess file with this line in it:

AddType text/x-php4-parsed-html php

Thanks.

[Unknown]

What is the path to SMF in Settings.php?  What path does repair_settings.php detect?  What is repair_settings.php?

-[Unknown]

weekend camper

settings.php (fixed and reuploaded).

then ran repair_settings.php.  Same folder mismatch in both places.

Tried to fix via repair_settings and it didn't help Mambo. 

At the moment I am thinking that I didn't update the link in Mambo though.  Maybe I should make sure that con_smf is seeing the correct information?

@edit:  also ran repair_paths just now, no effect on Mambo.

weekend camper

Just to FYI this:

I came back to work on Monday, realized I couldn't remember what the heck I was doing, reinstalled Mambo (it was a fresh install I was replacing anyways), and read each step of the [Unknown] and Orsito posts for the fifth time and it worked fine.

I am still at a loss as to why a folder is renamed twice in a folder path, but that likely is largely host based (they are good great hosts, but use systems I am not familar with -- yet).

Any ways, it all works. 

Thanks for the help.

[Unknown]

Heh, sorry.  I was at a loss myself.... perhaps it was some pesky character that was out of place.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: