News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Amazon ISBN & ASIN Mod (Info-Grabber)

Started by karlbenson, August 12, 2007, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jossanaijr

When there is No Image Available at amazon site this does not work.  Could this be fixed and show with NO IMAGE AVAILABLE as Amazon?

Saiboogu

Quote from: karlbenson on August 22, 2007, 11:18:18 AM
In the IMDB version I've been working on, I've cached the results to improve performance.  When I work on this mod I will look to add the same functionality to this mod aswell.

Any word on the cached results? I was hoping to run a small "Mall" section on my site, with different topics for categories and a few items per topic, but even two or three Amazon items slows it to a crawl.

jossanaijr

Quote from: jossanaijr on October 19, 2007, 02:03:24 PM
When there is No Image Available at amazon site this does not work.  Could this be fixed and show with NO IMAGE AVAILABLE as Amazon?
Just bumping this problem...

karlbenson

rad1701

I can't seem to get this to pull up any Amazon data.  The install went ok, but I am using the SMF TP Mesh Theme for my forum.  I check the Admin.Templat.php default file and the code seems to be added there.  Do I need to add some code somewhere in my index.template file or some other theme specific template file?

My forum is here:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php

Thanks.

Klabautermann

I got this error message:

Attempt to get Amazon Link/ASIN/ISBN failed!

What have i done wrong?

jossanaijr

If the image is not available at Amazon you receive this error.

karlbenson

Its a shame because this was a really nice mod.

However due to possible copyright issues, (like the IMDB info-grabber mod), this mod is being pulled from the modsite.
I am therefore discontinuing development of this mod.

Anyone who wishes to continue development may do so. AT YOUR OWN LEGAL RISK.
(and release under your own name/credit, and without the need to credit me)

Advertisement: