News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting YaBB 2.1 to SMF 1.1.5

Started by swagg, July 01, 2008, 07:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swagg

swagg

i downloaded the php files already

heres the links
old forum
hxxp:tinyurl.com/59nzvc [nonactive]

new forum
hxxp:tinyurl.com/5z7dmy [nonactive]

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

swagg

"The first thing you need to do, before you can convert, is upload all of the files in the installation package found on the downloads page to your server in, preferably, a directory other than your current software. You can upload it to any directory accessible by URL."

i dont get this step

SleePy

That would be installing SMF :)

Have you installed SMF? The converter assumes that when you perform the conversion that you have a working version of SMF running.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

swagg

SleePy

Then you can safely move on to the next step as SMF is installed  :)

swagg

I can't get this step to work..

Once that's done, use your browser to go to http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/convert.php, where www.yourdomain.tld/forum is the URL to where you put SMF. You should be presented with two boxes - one for the path to SMF, which should already be correct, and another for your software. The converters will detect if the path is correct for you, so if it takes a few tries, don't worry. You will also see a box for the current password - this should be the password for the MySQL account you installed SMF with.

ThorstenE

do you have uploaded the convert.php and yab21_to_smf.sql via FTP? put both into the SMF-Directory and then open in browser: http://crackmusic***.com/convert.php
the path to SMF should be already the right one, for the old yabb put /forum to the path..

Advertisement: