News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ldap Authentication Mod

Started by psa, July 02, 2008, 05:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halsey

Quote from: evil1dwk on August 06, 2008, 10:31:56 AM
I'm doing this for a company that deals with health insurance information. So there are strict guidelines on what I can and can't access and what can and can't be accessed from the outside world. Believe me I've thought about tunneling a socks proxy over SSH so I could work remotely. They won't even allow me SSH. I came in here to setup a SAN and VMware. Then they asked me if I could set up a forum and possibly a CMS. I'm familiar with rpath and linux appliances so I downloaded the smf 1.1.4 rpath appliance and updated to 1.1.5.

I added a new domain user (test.smf). Unregistered in SMF I get user does not exist. I've registered the user with store ldap password in database disabled. I get password incorrect. I'm attaching a screen shot of the ldap settings. Here's any errors I can see that might be related to the mod. They don't look like they are related to my problem though. They look like errors with the theme.

As you stated that you are working in a health insurance information.
I hope this web would guide you in a better way to solve  Ldap Authentication Mod.
sourceforge
Thanks

dinopontino

Quote from: asko on August 19, 2010, 11:45:32 AM
Hello,

I used it on smf 1.1.11/Linux mandriva 2010.1 and OpenLdap
It works fine !
But, manually installed because package seems corrupted by package manager

Before (smf 1.0.5) I used another mod, but it doesn't work with 1.1.11

So thanks for this great job !

Hi,
I'm running SMF 1.1.14 and I get the following when I try to install the package:
"The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. "

What are the instructions to manually install?

Thanks!

Mr. Jinx

Quote from: dinopontino on July 13, 2011, 06:49:52 PM
Hi,
I'm running SMF 1.1.14 and I get the following when I try to install the package:
"The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. "

This mod was made for SMF 1.1.11, but you can put your packagemanager in emulation mode. Then it should install without problems.
Anyone working on a SMF 2.0 version?

TVsEgon

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on August 01, 2011, 09:30:30 AM
Quote from: dinopontino on July 13, 2011, 06:49:52 PM
Hi,

This mod was made for SMF 1.1.11, but you can put your packagemanager in emulation mode. Then it should install without problems.
Anyone working on a SMF 2.0 version?

I'm curious about this too!   I've used SMF for a couple years at work, and our management is looking to expand the use of the software,
and AD integration would be a bit plus.

Thanks!

ops2012

Hello.
I made two hacks for smf 2.0.2: ldap (MSAD supported), kerberos with MSAD. 10x psa for original code.
Someone interested in this code(Need some clean: logging and dirty code)? And have any chance to integrate this in core of smf?

Cast developers of smf.

gunnymcduck

I was looking for SMF integration with AD/LDAP, and I'm very glad that I found this.

I'm hoping that the thread is not so old that none of this stuff works anymore.

Me or one of my guys will give this a shot soon and maybe I'll resurrect this discussion thread.
:o :)

Mr. Jinx

I've been using this mod for my company but because the lack of support/development we looked for something different.
Phpbb has ldab/ad integration buildin and works great for us.
Still using smf for my own forum though!

zzion

Hope this feature will be implemented in the core soon. I realy need it even as a mod!

ops2012

hxxp:www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=14091.0 [nonactive]
patches are welcome

ziycon

For anyone still interested there is a fully tested LDAP mod available that is actively being developed/supported, more information at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=509819

Bobolin

Quote from: ziycon on August 22, 2013, 04:31:11 AM
For anyone still interested there is a fully tested LDAP mod available that is actively being developed/supported, more information at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=509819

The link above said: "This topic doesn't exist on this board."

ziycon

It's been made available for free through the SMF mod site, just has to be approved for release.

ochorocho

Quote from: ziycon on November 13, 2013, 01:15:42 PM
It's been made available for free through the SMF mod site, just has to be approved for release.

Great, Thanks! Can't wait to test it :-)

tood

I'm hoping that the thread is not so old that none of this stuff works anymore

ochorocho

Would you mind providing a zip file for downloading till it's been released. :-)

Thank you.

Cheers,
ochrocho

Arantor

We generally do not encourage this.

ochorocho

Quote from: Arantor on November 25, 2013, 09:01:05 AM
We generally do not encourage this.

is there a date when i can expect to be able to download the new Mod?
Just asking ....

I'm pretty new to smf, so i do not know how you handle the release of mods and such ....

Thanks for the fast response!

Cheers,
ochorocho

Arantor

When it's been reviewed.

We are a group of volunteers, we do this in our spare time - and we do the reviews to try to ensure there are no major issues with the mods that you guys get to use.

Right now there is an issue with it with respect to getting it set up (we can't seem to get it running :()

ziycon

Quote from: ochorocho on November 25, 2013, 09:00:01 AM

Would you mind providing a zip file for downloading till it's been released. :-)

Thank you.

Cheers,
ochrocho
I'm sorry but it wont be available until it has been verified by other team members and until I'm happy enough testing has been carried out. This is ultimately for the benefit of anyone that plans to use the modification.

ochorocho

I'm sorry but it wont be available until it has been verified by other team members and until I'm happy enough testing has been carried out. This is ultimately for the benefit of anyone that plans to use the modification.

Thanks for the quick response ....
I will wait for the release :-)

Advertisement: