News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

CPU overloaded and SMF query too long...

Started by CafeZrii, July 11, 2008, 09:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeZrii

My account was temporarily suspended for CPU overload. Support told me that my database is not optimized for SMF. He said a query took 126 seconds and overloaded my CPU limit.

This is the query he sent me:

use electroe_smf1;
SELECT
m.posterTime, m.subject, hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_TOPIC, hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_MEMBER, hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_MSG,
IFNULL(mem.realName, m.posterName) AS posterName, hxxp:t.id [nonactive]_BOARD, hxxp:b.name [nonactive] AS bName,
LEFT(m.body, 384) AS body, m.smileysEnabled
      FROM (smf_messages AS m, smf_topics AS t, smf_boards AS b)
LEFT JOIN smf_members AS mem ON (mem.ID_MEMBER = hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_MEMBER)
      WHERE hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_MSG >= 0
AND hxxp:t.id [nonactive]_TOPIC = hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_TOPIC
AND hxxp:b.id [nonactive]_BOARD = hxxp:t.id [nonactive]_BOARD
AND 1
      ORDER BY hxxp:m.id [nonactive]_MSG DESC
      LIMIT 3

Can anyone tell me what that means, or what type of query it was exactly...and how I can fix this problem?

My forum is at hxxp:cafezrii.com/ [nonactive]
Zrii—the perfect combination of health AND wealth!

hxxp:ztrition.com/ [nonactive]

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

rsw686

That looks like one of the standard SMF queries. If so and you only have 5 members on your forum you might want to look into a different host. Your only going to have problems in the long run.

Also your banner doesn't display properly in Firefox. It sits in the left of the window, instead of the center like it does in IE.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

Sarge

CafeZrii, do you still need assistance? Your forum seems to load fine.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

CafeZrii

Thanks to everyone who replied...

So far i am not having issues. Occassionally, it may take a while to load when submitting something. It seems like this was some fluke incident. I have also set my config to optimize tables each day.

Could this issue have been caused by my browser in anyway? over the past few weeks, Firefox has been running progressively slower with each passing week. I combed through the Mozilla forums (apparently, many people have been having this issue).

I clean installed, and created to a new profile, and optimized the about:config values, so it's pretty fast now. Changing hosts would be such a pain now. And hostmonster has been really good to me. Haven't had problems with them for 2 years. Unlike Godaddy and Aplus...those 2 are just horrendous, and their shared servers are SO DAMN SLOW!

The query results i posted in my original post i believe refer to a query i was doing. You see, i had changed a couple of elements in the CSS file. and sent it to submit. but the wheel just kept spinning for close to 5 minutes, until i recieved an internal server error. After that, the CPU suspension issue came along.

So does anyone have any idea if it may have been a browser side issue?
Zrii—the perfect combination of health AND wealth!

hxxp:ztrition.com/ [nonactive]

Ricky.

Definitely its not browser side issue. Changing CSS etc. wont' effect server performance but if you add some new feature some bad function in template then it may create little problem but not that big.

Btw, if you really want to get help then provide information about your server as told in sticky in this board. 

Advertisement: