News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Site/forum potential

Started by Relical, July 04, 2008, 08:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relical

I'm not sure if this post is actually in the right place, but since this is the area for building your own community, I guess I'll give it a shot here...

I'm currently looking to set up a blogging/forum site, and I'm trying to find the right software to get the job done. I was pointed to SMF for a number of various reason, and after looking over the features, I really like the simplicity of the tool and ease of use. I am very interested in using this as one of the major functional tools to my site, and the inclusion of things like TP make it that much easier for me, but I have one lingering question in the back of my mind, "What is the functionality between SMF and Wordpress?"

Is it possible to have SMF installed, running a portal and integrate a wordpress blog through the portal?

Thanks in advance for all the hep.

b0x

I am using SMF in combination with Wordpress. However, I'm not using a bridge.  I just use SSI to loosely integrate the two. Whether Wordpress and SMF will work for you depends on what your requirements are.

Relical

Thanks for the info. Do you have an example, or any examples of sites that are using the two in conjunction?

Advertisement: