News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Wanting to covert a Yabb 2.1 board - advice - opinions please

Started by EL34, July 07, 2008, 10:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Ok, well for now. Just drop all of the indexes.

The converter will add some back during the process, but this would remove any indexes and it should be able to continue on.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

EL34

yes, I deleted everything below the primary.
I had to delete a few items in one of the logs also, an error message came up on one of the logs.

The converter finished the topics and did some cleanup.
It went on to polls and then had another error.

QuoteConverting polls and poll choices... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT ID_MEMBER_STARTED AS ID_MEMBER, tempID, ID_TOPIC
FROM `el34xyz_forum1`.smf_topics
WHERE tempID IN (1144520596,1191704560,1193774424,1198775185);
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'tempID' in 'field list'

Looks like it just about finshed.
Forum History -> EZBoard -> YABB -> SMF 1.1.19 -> SMF 2.0.19

SleePy

Ok, I think we blotched up the SMF install to much. The column it says is missing, doesn't get dropped for a little while longer, so it isn't either getting added or it got dropped early.

Does the MySQL user you are using have full permissions (depending on using cpanel or not this meaning could change)?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

EL34

Yes, I checked every box on the database and I have admin privledges

I think between the 3 different yabb2.1 files, things got set up wrong here and there.

The last file you posted seems to do just fine but I think it is running into previous setup index problems???

SleePy

Do you want to just try dumping the current SMF install and getting a new one?
I am thinking that as well due to the previous steps that crashed out, that something went sour.

EL34

yes, that's fine,
This is only a test database to see how the convert went.

How do I start from scratch?

SleePy

You would remove all the tables in the database and re install SMF. It should only take a couple of seconds to do both  :D

EL34

okey doke.

The forum is actually up and running.
I think I am going to have my members come over, have a look around and see how they like it.

I will do the actual reinstall after I get the nod from my forum members.
thanks so much for all the help.
I'll be back.

EL34

I'm back. :)

The members really liked the smf board and so I am doing the actual real conversion right now.

My board converts all the way through past Topics and then goes on to the attachments section and the polls section.

I was getting a temp id error when it was converting the polls. Sorry, don't have the error, it was late last night.

Anywho, I just stopped the converter at the polls error, checked all the tables in the database and then went into smf to rebuild everything.

The forum comes up just fine, all the post are there, but the Yabb2.1 post that had attachments, do not display the attachment links or the attachment images?

I am able to upload attachments in the new smf forum, and so that function is working fine.

I am using the last converter file you provided a couple post up sleepy.

What do I need to do to get the attachment links converted.
thanks again for all your help.

EL34

I ran the conversion one more time this morning and this time it did convert the attachments???

Oh well, I'll take it.

The conversion timed out on the server several times on cleanup part2 step 15

I finally just entered step 16 into the browser and it finshed that step.

Is there some sort of reference anywhere that shows exactly what each table in the database should look like?
A columns and indexes reference.

Is there something I can check or do manully to the tables to make sure the cleanup finished everything properly???

Just trying to make sure everything is good to go and properly set up.

ThorstenE

go to Admin - Forum Maintenace - Find and repair any errors.

i would install a second blank SMF and compare all indexes, especially smf_topcis

end of step 15 is possibly the tomeout problem:
ADD UNIQUE INDEX lastMessage (ID_LAST_MSG, ID_BOARD)

SleePy

Just go to Admin -> Forum Maintenance
Then run "Find and Repair Errors" and "Recount Totals and Stats".

This should do basically what part of step 15 was doing and fix up some of the topics.

EL34

ok, thanks guys, but There is a problem with the install.php program.

That is the program that is setting up all those smf_members index errors I posted above in reply #19.
I checked this 3 times with fresh installs. install.php sets up those index and creates the errors every time.
I had to delete those indexes to get the conversion to work.
I left the main primary index intact hoping the conversion would correct any missing indexes that I had deleted.

The conversion did not create any new indexes

The find and repair would not run until I added a few more indexes to the members table.
i set up what you see in the screen shot manually and I was hoping it was correct.

I tested this 3 times with fresh installs.
The find and repair just times out and never finishes untill I added a few more indexes to the members table.
After i creted the indexes in the screen shot, the find and repair ran and completed perfectly.

Tht is why I am asking what exactly the indexes should be for the members table.

everything seems to be fine and the board is all working correctly.
see these screen shots.
the first shot is the errors from the indexes that install.php is setting up.
the 2nd shot is what I set up after the converter finished.

SleePy

The ones in the first one are correct.

This is what I have on one of my many SMF installs
Quotemysql> show indexes from smf_members;
+--------------+------------+----------------+--------------+----------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| Table        | Non_unique | Key_name       | Seq_in_index | Column_name    | Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
+--------------+------------+----------------+--------------+----------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| nuke_members |          0 | PRIMARY        |            1 | ID_MEMBER      | A         |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | memberName     |            1 | memberName     | A         |           1 |       30 | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | dateRegistered |            1 | dateRegistered | A         |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | ID_GROUP       |            1 | ID_GROUP       | A         |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | birthdate      |            1 | birthdate      | A         |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | posts          |            1 | posts          | A         |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | lastLogin      |            1 | lastLogin      | A         |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | lngfile        |            1 | lngfile        | A         |           1 |       30 | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| nuke_members |          1 | ID_POST_GROUP  |            1 | ID_POST_GROUP  | A         |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks for that info. I will try to remember it while I am working on the converters to have it add those indexes back or see why they might of failed.

EL34

Thanks for that info sleepy.

I am not at home now, when Im get back there, I will check out and compare what you have against what I have.

SleePy

EL34,

Any luck?
I think I discovered some bugs in the Yabb converter. I was testing it on a large 2.2 yabb board and found some issues.
I haven't had time yet between work and school to test out the changes I have made to the 2.2 converter, I hope to back port the needed changes to 2.1 and see if that helps out here :)

EL34

Oh, hey Sleepy,

Yes, I converted my Yabb 2.1 board a couple weeks ago and went live.
All is well and the forum members love it.
It is way faster than Yabb and more dependable.

Some mental notes form the install and conversion :
The messages index errors were set up again by the install.php program
(See screen shot in reply 32 above)
But I was ready for it before the conversion took place since I had practiced several times and knew what to expect. I set up a couple indexes manually after the conversion.

The only thing that did not convert properly were PM's.
The real PM's converted just fine but there were also a couple thousand PM's that all had a date of 1969 or something weird like that and they had nothing in the subject line.

I went into the data base and sorted the PM's by topic and then deleted the no topic PM's.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, just want to say thanks.

Advertisement: