Anecdota

Started by Crip, July 07, 2008, 12:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobo777

Where in the index.php should I place this?   Thanks for the prompt response and assistance... hope all is well in your world!

aw06

Paste the code from your root index.php lemme look at it
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

No, thats the one in you forums directory .... the one you need is in your root

eg.

http://yoursite/index.php
not
http://yoursite/'folder name'/index.php
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

lobo777

Sorry, thought that might be what you meant... I do not have an index.PHP in my root directory for whatever reason.  I just have index.html, php.ini, etc.  The way I tried to redirect was in my .htaccess file with something like this:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.example.com/$1 [L,R=301]

Hopefully there's some way to use the files I have or create an index.php

aw06

you should be able to just create an index.php  :-\ and paste the code i posted .. you may want to take out the favicon line thou if your not going to be using one 

lobo777

K, well I made a file called index.php with the code you included (changed the urls where appropriate for my site) and have a favicon in my root called favicon.png.  Anyways, nothing has changed.  I guess I should ask, what exactly was this supposed to do.  If a user is logged in and types example.com/community or anything with www. suddenly it doesn't show them logged in.  If you go back to www then it shows logged in again.  Thanks for your patience

aw06

this redirects /yousite to www.yoursite

lobo777

That's what I assumed from the code, but it doesn't seem to be working in the created index.php file.  I'll keep checking on here for ideas and if I figure something out, I'll add the solution to the post.  Thanks again for the assistance.

aw06

Quote from: lobo777 on January 21, 2009, 04:37:21 PM
in the created index.php file. 

did you set the permissions to 664 ??

Crip

Quote from: lobo777 on January 21, 2009, 10:10:39 AM
Hey, Crip!  Still diggin' on this theme, but I've hit a little hiccup.  I am trying to address some canonical issues (trying to make everything direct to www not non-www), so I went into the Current Theme settings and changed This Theme's URL and This Theme's Images URL from http://example.com/community/Themes/Anecdota to http://www.example.com/community/Themes/Anecdota and then it wouldn't bring up the theme skin when people go from home page to forum.  Once they log in, all is fine.  Any ideas on how to fix this issue, and make sure that none of the non-www urls are reachable (or they are redirected to www.)?  Any help is appreciated!

The images location / URL should be as this :
http://www.example.com/community/Themes/Anecdota/images/
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

lobo777

File permission is set to 644. 

Oh and Crip, that was a typo - the images folder does show as /images so its cool.

aw06

Quote from: lobo777 on January 22, 2009, 09:49:05 AM
File permission is set to 644. 

Oh and Crip, that was a typo - the images folder does show as /images so its cool.

try setting it to 664

aw06

Crip .. what happen to your theme support site ????? .. i need some help with this

I have my own custom ad code that looks like this

//echo
include 'adverts.php';

It points to adverts.php which i further have more code in to display banners and such ...

I would like to add this block directly above the powerd by SMF text..

In the theme's index.template.php .. that section of code looks like this

// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
else
{
echo '
', $txt['welcome_guest'], '
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/sha1.js"></script>
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" style="margin: 4px 0;"', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
<input type="text" name="user"  size="10" />
<input type="password" name="passwrd"  size="10" />
<input type="submit" value="', $txt[34], '" />
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
</form>', $context['current_time'],'<br />';
}
echo '
</div>
<a href="'.$scripturl.'" title=""><span id="logo"> </span></a>';
echo '
  </div>
</div>
</div>
  <div id="toolbar">
<div id="menumain">',template_menu(),'
  </div>

<div id="mainarea">';

}
function template_main_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '
</div>';

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footer">
<div id="foot-l">
  <div id="foot-r">
<div id="footerarea">
<span class="smalltext"><br />', theme_copyright(), '<br /> <strong>Anecdota</strong> by <a href="http://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php"><strong>Crip</strong></a> | </span><a href="http://shopinja.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.0"><strong>ShopinJA.com &copy; 2009</strong></a></span>';

// Show the load time?
if ($context['show_load_time'])
echo '
<p align="center"><span class="smalltext">', $txt['smf301'], $context['load_time'], $txt['smf302'], $context['load_queries'], $txt['smf302b'], '</span></p>';

echo '
</div>
      </div>
</div>
</div>';

// The following will be used to let the user know that some AJAX process is running
echo '
<div id="ajax_in_progress" style="display: none;', $context['browser']['is_ie'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie7'] ? 'position: absolute;' : '', '">', $txt['ajax_in_progress'], '</div>';

echo '
  </div>
  </div>
</body>
</html>';
}

// Show a linktree. This is that thing that shows "My Community | General Category | General Discussion"..
function theme_linktree()

can you tell me where exactly i would insert my code to call up adverts.php

Crip

I'm sorry I just do not know how ..

- Abraham Lincoln -

blow

Hi Crip, your theme is great!

I just want to ask you how to center the logo.

Thx!

Crip

You can do that via the style.css , #logo { top, left } you just have to adjust it to your Forum Width /* ca be percentage % or pixel px & like 9.8em sizes */

- Abraham Lincoln -

AtlJimK

Is there a way to allow the width of the board to fluctuate with the user's window size? Thanks.

L'AltroWeb

AtlJimK

Thanks for the quick reply. Worked perfect.  :D

L'AltroWeb

Advertisement: