Anecdota

Started by Crip, July 07, 2008, 12:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo_TE

Burke ♞ Knight

Since this comes up a lot, and I just posted to help someone in another thread, I figured I'd re-post it here for others who use this fantastic theme:

Since I use this theme a lot, here is my 2 cents worth of logo instruction:

Make your logo, do not want it more than 500 width by 100 height.
Now, need to set your css to fit the image into the box.

Edit: Themes/Anecdota_20g/css/index.css <- Depending on what version of the theme, may just be Anecdota

Code (Find) Select
/* BANNER / LOGOS */
#logo a {
position: absolute;
top: 30px;
left: 20px;
display: block;
width: 256px!important;
height: 61px!important;
cursor: pointer;
background: url(../images/img/logo.png) no-repeat!important;
}

Change width and height to whatever your logo is. And the image url, of course. ;)

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

br360

This is an amazing theme, but I have 2 issues:

Both the "There are currently 1 moderator reports open." and "There are currently 1 members awaiting approval" links are not popping up whenever there are reported posts and whenever a new member registers.

Where can I add these so I will know if a post is reported or when a new member registers for an account?

I am using version 2.0 and I have smf 2.0.5

Crip

I'm really not sure if i added those codes in this theme , but I will have a look see? .....

- Abraham Lincoln -

br360

br360

Actually, I think I figured it out, and without errors. Replacing the code below now shows reported posts, new members awaiting approval, and the date.

In index.template.php find

echo '
           <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></li>
           <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>
      </ul>';

}

replace with-

echo '
            <ul class="reset">
               <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></li>
               <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

// Is the forum in maintenance mode?
      if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
         echo '
               <li class="notice">', $txt['maintain_mode_on'], '</li>';

// Are there any members waiting for approval?
      if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
         echo '
               <li>', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'], '</li>';

if (!empty($context['open_mod_reports']) && $context['show_open_reports'])
         echo '
               <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=moderate;area=reports">', sprintf($txt['mod_reports_waiting'], $context['open_mod_reports']), '</a></li>';

echo '
               <li>', $context['current_time'], '</li>
            </ul>';
   }

Burke ♞ Knight

br360

I basically just ripped the code off from the default curve index.template and copy and pasted it into the anecdota one, but thanks. :)

Crip

• New code added in Theme:==> added by request of users/

echo '
                <ul class="reset">
                   <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

// Is the forum in maintenance mode?
          if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
             echo '
                   <li class="notice">', $txt['maintain_mode_on'], '</li>';

// Are there any members waiting for approval?
          if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
             echo '
                   <li>', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'], '</li>';

if (!empty($context['open_mod_reports']) && $context['show_open_reports'])
             echo '
                   <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=moderate;area=reports">', sprintf($txt['mod_reports_waiting'], $context['open_mod_reports']), '</a></li>';
       }

New Zip added........

- Abraham Lincoln -

technics1200

Hi Crip
Great theme and thank you very much for all your great work
I have a problem where the copyright and stuff isnt staying below where it does on the default theme
ii seen a solution on this thread and it didnt work for me
Im just going to paste my stuff here from line 274 of the index.template.php
could you show me where I need to add something to make it sttay below in the footer are properly
Many thanks for the theme and your help

function template_body_below()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

echo '
            </div>';

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
   echo '
<div id="footer">
    <div id="foot-l">
        <div id="foot-r">
            <div id="footerarea">
                <div id="footer_section">
               <ul class="reset">
                 <li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
                 <li><b>Anecdota</b> by, <a href="http://www.jpr62.com/theme/ [nofollow]" target="_blank" class="new_win" title=""><span><b>Crip</b></span></a></li>
               <li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer [nofollow]" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
                ', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
                <li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?action=forum;wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>
              </ul>';

// Show the load time?
   if ($context['show_load_time'])
      echo '
      <p>', $txt['page_created'], $context['load_time'], $txt['seconds_with'], $context['load_queries'], $txt['queries'], '</p>';

echo '
             </div>
          </div>
       </div>
    </div>
</div>';
}
Modify message

Burke ♞ Knight

1. Please post code like that into the code block, using the BBC button.

2. A link to the site, to see what it looks like, would be useful. :)

technics1200

Sorry for that I edited my post there
The theme isnt available on our forum yet only to admin
I have uploaded a part off my screen as a image here to show what I mean
Hope I did it the correct way
and thank you for your help

Burke ♞ Knight

That is due to the extra copyrights that are in there.
There may not be a fix, due to one being from your smf host.

technics1200

when I paste the standard code form the default theme in it works fine
but it doesn't have Crips "Anecdota by, Crip"  part in it
and that is the only difference in the 2
I am fairly new to this so im not really sure what to do

Crip

Thanks Burk ,
is it possible to see your link-to-site-theme ?

- Abraham Lincoln -

technics1200

Hi Crip
we dont have it in public view yet
as we were waiting to have it finished before we set is as our default theme
This is the last thing to fix before we set it as our default theme
Great theme and thank you for making it

GlitchPC

technics1200...

In order to fix the issue you are experiencing...it may be necessary to edit the index.css file for this theme.  I had to do the same thing.  Take a look at the footer area of my home page to see if this is what you are striving towards.

Search your index.css file for the following...

#footerarea {
    text-align: center;

After the last line of coding, above, you will see a line to change the padding and color...can you tell me what your padding has been set to, please?

For example...my index.css file has been edited as follows...

#footerarea {
    text-align: center;
    padding: .90em;
    color: #FFF;

As you can see, above, I have changed the padding number so that all footer links fit within the footer area of Crip's theme.  You may need to do this, as well.  Try it and let me know if that works for you.

technics1200

Hi Thanks it is set to 2.5em

GlitchPC

technics1200...

Try lowering that number from 2.5 to 1.5.  You may have to experiment in order to get it to fit properly.  You can always change it back.

Advertisement: