AJAX Recent Topics

Started by live627, July 08, 2008, 07:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillelmus

Very nice mod. Would it require a lot of changes to the code to show latests posts instead of topics? There was some discussion about this on the first page, but seems the idea was never implemented.

akoladica

Hi, I installed the mod but I changed my mind.
I went to package manager to delete it which I did, but the button "recent posts" and posts are still there.

How can I delete it?
I am not PHP expert

regards

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: akoladica on January 21, 2012, 04:59:46 AM
I went to package manager to delete it which I did, but the button "recent posts" and posts are still there.

How can I delete it?
I am not PHP expert

regards

use your FTP software or Cpanel file manager and browse to sources/subs.php open and

find and remove

'recenttopics' => array(
'title' => $txt['recent_topics'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=recenttopics',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

that should remove the button and its content.

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: Guillelmus on January 03, 2012, 11:22:00 AM
Very nice mod. Would it require a lot of changes to the code to show latests posts instead of topics? There was some discussion about this on the first page, but seems the idea was never implemented.

I would like to see this also. and another discussion was left behind which to make this recent posts replace the default smf one.

akoladica

Quote from: BaghdadGhost on February 20, 2012, 12:55:59 AM
Quote from: akoladica on January 21, 2012, 04:59:46 AM

How can I delete it?
I am not PHP expert

regards

use your FTP software or Cpanel file manager and browse to sources/subs.php open and

find and remove

'recenttopics' => array(
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

that should remove the button and its content.

Thank you for your help.
That worked.
Cheers

akoladica

Hmmm.....now I am not sure if this is working as it should?

For example, when I click on "View the most recent topics on the forum."

I get this message:
"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare RecentTopics() (previously declared in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Recent.php:1325) in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Recent.php on line 2048"

Is that related?

Or even when I go to some admin parts of the forum I get this error message:
"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ModifyRecentTopics() (previously declared in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php:2103) in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2151 "

To many problems I have now.

akoladica

fixed both instances by deleting one of double declared RecentTopics on both occasions.
8)

Zagdul

OK, I hope someone can help me out with this.

I've not modified the mod itself outside a few class changes. I'm having an issue where the action=recenttopics resolves the proper layout, however when I include it into a portal which forces the size of the block, it sorts the table with the oldest on top.

The funny part is, when I'm on action=recenttopics, the recent topics block I've created sorts properly, but when I'm on any other action, it doesn't.

I'm using simple portal to create a custom php block. In the block I've put:

<?php
require_once('/path/to/forums/Themes/default/Recent.template.php');
template_recent();
?>

I have it set to show EVERYWHERE! for testing.

As I said, when I view action=recenttopics, the content in my custom block plus the full page sorts properly, when I view any other action, it sorts in reverse with oldest on top.

SRaven

I would like to use this as a front panel block on the homepage of my forum.  Could someone direct me to what to use for the php block?

I love the layout of this recent topics but I don't want it as a separate page, I want it on my home page replacing my current recent topics block:
http://darkwaters.hostei.com/index.php  or see pic attachment.
I have tried using
require("Sources/Recent.php");
RecentTopics();

Directing it to use the function that this mod adds to that file but it didn't work.

I use SMF 2.02 and TinyPortal
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SRaven

BaghdadGhost

we have been waiting for help in this matter  :(

I hope now there are enough requests for some one kind and have a couple of minutes to give it a try lol

Dylert

Hi! I tried to install this mod, but got an error in /Sources/Subs.php What can I do with this?

Kode: (Find) [Chose]

'mlist' => array(
'title' => $txt['members_title'],

Code: (Add before) [Chose]

'recenttopics' => array(
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: Dylert on August 09, 2012, 11:48:37 AM
Hi! I tried to install this mod, but got an error in /Sources/Subs.php What can I do with this?

Kode: (Find) [Chose]

'mlist' => array(

Code: (Add before) [Chose]

'recenttopics' => array(
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

you can do it manually by opening your sub.php and look for

'mlist' => array(

then add before

'recenttopics' => array(
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

this is basically just to determine where you want the button (recent topics) to be in the main menu. if you don't know how to do it, just attach your subs and I will do it for you.

Dylert

Thanks a lot! :)

webbuilder

Using the "ajax recent topics" mod.....it shows 36 topics.......I'd like it to display more...anyone know where I can find that in the code...been searching, can't locate it...

can anyone advise

live627

Admiin > Features and Options > Modification > Recent Topics

Dylert

Great mod! Thanks a lot!
I'm also looking for a block-code for this. Has anyone managed to make one?? :)
What about the new.gif image. It will be easier to see that there is a new post with that image added. Maybe it can be added manually by editing some code? Anyone?? :)

Dblog

is there anyway to remove repeat of breadcrumbs and add no. of views of each topic into the table.
also in admin cp, ?action=recenttopics is not seen as an action
only ?action=recent and others are seen

lfep

I installed this mod and the recent topics page works very well but I don't find an easy way to embed this mod it in the Info Center of SMF. Is there a step by step instruction how to do this.
Thank you in advace!

Dhayzon

why not show new icon post  image?

sanchitseo

Thank you for the mod... but how it exactly works.. m not able to use...

Advertisement: