News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Convert database from YaBB SE 1.5.4 to SMF 1.0.1

Started by emalbum, January 23, 2005, 05:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emalbum

Hello,

I have done some searching and can't find what I am looking for, so sorry if this has been asked before.

I have two servers, one with YaBBSE 1.5.4 which is currently running my live site and the other server I want to install SMF. I will eventually switch the site over to the second server, but want to get it configured first.

So, I am looking for a converter that will take the data in YaBBSE 1.5.4 and create new tables for SMF with that data. Then I can do a db dump on the new tables and export that data over into the new server.

Make sense? Can anyone suggest a way to do this. I am basically looking for a way to get the YaBBSE data converted to SMF without making any changes to the YaBBSE install/data.

Thanks!

[Unknown]

Install SMF somewhere and then use the converter on the downloads page under "Converters and Tools".  Please note that the upgrader (which upgrades from YaBB SE in place, not to another installation) is much more thoroughly tested.

-[Unknown]

emalbum

Thanks. Perhaps I will just create a second installation of YaBBSE and upgrade that... I'll try both and see what happens  ;)

Advertisement: