News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse16V

Quote from: Eclipse16V on February 05, 2012, 12:13:34 PM
Hello,
how can I make it that in a DropDown the first option is an empty field.
Can any one help me?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

fedxrx

Everythings working fine here. A small and rather trivial feature request would be to have the submit button after entering the form information take you directly to the topic rather than the board.

King Death II

Does this work for the newest version of SMF?

King Death II

So.. does anyone know?

Eclipse16V

Yes it´s working with 2.0.2
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

teos55

SMF 2.0.2 Simple portal 2.3.5  default theme

installed the mod.  Modified modification.mylanguage-utf8.php  for local language

created the fields to be used in the form.

When I press submit/save button, nothing created in the specified category.

error log :

"http: // mysite . org/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=customform;form_id=1;8: Undefined variable: board
file: /home/user/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Satır: 2513"

lines around 2513 are :

$context['categories'][$row['id_cat']]['boards'][] = array(
            'id' => $row['id_board'],
            'name' => strip_tags($row['name']),
            'category' => strip_tags($row['cat_name']),
            'child_level' => $row['child_level'],
            'selected' => !empty($_SESSION['move_to_topic']) && $_SESSION['move_to_topic'] == $row['id_board'] && $row['id_board'] != $board,
         );

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

nb.
When I execute  www. mysite . com/index.php?action=form;n=1

I see the form and can fill in .  when I press save, the topic is created.  The format of the output is not user friendly tough.
I mean all inputs stacked line by line .

Still the "undefined variable: board" seems an issue

OK I got it...  How it works is well explaned in http://smf.balancegames.org/mods/forms/tutorial/create.

A really lazy reader of such manuals .. Shame

Undefined variable borad is still an issue .....

TelInf

Thx for the mod  ;D

I'ts possible to let the member create the title of the topic?

Xarkurai

For some weird reason the permission is automatically changing at unknown times.
Meaning, people who want to fill it in can't do it since their permission for it have been changed.

How can this be fixed?
Thanks in advance!
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

Alb0

Quote from: Xarwin on May 13, 2012, 03:50:34 PM
For some weird reason the permission is automatically changing at unknown times.
Meaning, people who want to fill it in can't do it since their permission for it have been changed.

How can this be fixed?
Thanks in advance!

I'm getting this same error at unknown times. The settings are being changed randomly, not allowing some groups to view the forms.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Alb0 on May 13, 2012, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: Xarwin on May 13, 2012, 03:50:34 PM

How can this be fixed?
Thanks in advance!

I'm getting this same error at unknown times. The settings are being changed randomly, not allowing some groups to view the forms.

That's because as soon as you change a membergroup permission, it removes the permission you assigned for the form. It's one of those things that the mod author never got to fixing. I know it's very restrictive and it's one thing I really don't like about it.

Taglar Dreskk

Has anyone looked into replacing the built-in captcha (image verification) for guest posting?  I tried to fill out a form as a guest on my own site and it took me like 8 tries on the captcha because most images are just so unreadable.  I realize this is to keep bots from reading the letters...but damn!  I'm only 30 years old and felt like I needed reading glasses!

Also, I am also in favor of seeing an option to allow the upload of images through the form.  We run a site that uses a membership form that collects data and images of a costume made by the person for approval.  We're currently doing it through a form that emails the data...but if it could be posted straight to the forum with this mod it would be AMAZING.

DBAllTerrain

I'd like all topics posted using my custom forms to automatically have the 'notify' option set so the poster receives an email on replies. Is this possible?

DBAllTerrain

Solved my own problem. For others...

In the CustomForm.php file, after the following line:

createPost($msgOptions, $topicOptions, $posterOptions);

I added this:

if (isset($topicOptions['id'])) {
$topic = $topicOptions['id'];
$smcFunc['db_insert']('ignore',
'{db_prefix}log_notify',
array('id_member' => 'int', 'id_topic' => 'int', 'id_board' => 'int'),
array($user_info['id'], $topic, 0),
array('id_member', 'id_topic', 'id_board')
);
}

Seems to work.

FragaCampos

Thanks for sharing, DBAllTerrain.

PsYc0TiC

any way to make this be able to upload attachments as well? I want this for submitting cheaters on my game servers

Thanks in advance

Arantor

Not without a lot of work, attachments is a very, very complicated business to get right.

PsYc0TiC

sigh then this is useless to me

Arantor

I'm sorry that something someone made in their free time and generously donated to others for their use doesn't mean your exact, specific, complicated needs.

PsYc0TiC

I understand that... why the attitude?

umiya

Is it possible to have multiple answers with maybe a check box, radio box? I have only been able to get it setup where you can only chose one answer.

Advertisement: