News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

the fact that something disappears like that indicates that the mod IS NOT being installed correctly.

Possibly some other mod was installed and changed the targeted code.

Without looking at every file on your system that this mod attempts to modify, I can't comment further.

The 500 error is almost definitely due to some server configuration...  because 500 is a server-side error.   Look in your server errorlog to figure that one out - or ask your host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

XRealismX

I found this in the error log. 8: Undefined index: package_readme

Kindred

that os the SMF error log... I said check the SERVER errorlog.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

XRealismX

Quote from: Kindred on April 02, 2018, 03:44:16 PM
that os the SMF error log... I said check the SERVER errorlog.

Where would that be located?

Kindred

on your server.... :P

probably called errorlog. or error.log or some variation
Слaва
Украинi

XRealismX

Quote from: Kindred on April 02, 2018, 07:36:51 PM

I don't see and error.log or anything related to errors. I reinstalled smf and when I reinstalled custom form mod I saw no errors reported in installation.

XRealismX

After the reinstallations the custom form mod still does not work.

XRealismX

Quote from: XRealismX on April 08, 2018, 11:17:22 PM
Quote from: Kindred on April 02, 2018, 07:36:51 PM

I don't see and error.log or anything related to errors. I reinstalled smf and when I reinstalled custom form mod I saw no errors reported in installation.

I contacted the web host and they noticed my log file area is not setup correctly on their system so they fixed it and then when I reinstalled it I found a error.log
Also here is all of the images when I go through the installation this includes the SMF version and etc. imgur.com/a/7XIyL [nofollow]

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2018, 09:39:44 AM
I believe that would be the incorrect way to handle the situation, as you have now removed 3 of the 4 arguments that may be passed to the function.

I think that his was addressed earlier in this thread by using $nul1, $nul2, $nul3 - which is a better option, IMO

Strangely enough, though -- I have never seen this error and I have been using the custom forms for years.
Quote from: thunderchld on March 06, 2018, 09:30:40 AM
Quote from: cloudstrife465 on January 14, 2018, 06:25:13 PM
Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $nul in /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2692 its giving me this error message

For this, I removed the "$nul" entries on the line:

Error:
Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $nul in /services/Forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2727

Action:

Changed line ManagedSettings.php Line 2727 from:
function list_CustomForm_fields($nul, $nul, $nul, $id)

to:
function list_CustomForm_fields($id)

Put it in my test site and things seem to be working OK again.
Слaва
Украинi

XRealismX

XRealismX

When I create a form and add fields is does not show up on the field list but, when I open the form the fields are there. Here is the screenshots: imgur.com/a/7XIyL [nofollow]

XRealismX

There is another error log.

zushiba

This mod doesn't seem to function at all for me. You cannot get to the form area.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

zushiba

It just takes me to the forum index.

Kindred

Oh, I forgot that you probably have to be logged in as a member, since only members would use that form...   
https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?action=form;n=1

Either way...   make sure your permissions are set correctly and then use action=form (for the form list page) or action=form;n=1 (for the first form)
Слaва
Украинi

zushiba

I uninstalled / reinstalled and it does show the page now /w ?action=form, but there's no option anywhere either on that page or the backend (admin area) to add a form. It's 100% the fault of the wonky ass theme my wife put on the forum but I cannot find out why the theme is refusing to render the "Add New" button.

The Default Theme seems to work fine but if I can't get the buttons to work under this theme it won't solve the problem we're attempting to address.

Steve

As an FYI for everyone, support in the Support section can take 24 - 48 hours since everyone here is a volunteer and may not be available for extended periods.

Support in mod threads often take much longer so you'll need to be patient.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Quote from: zushiba on April 11, 2018, 01:09:01 AM
I uninstalled / reinstalled and it does show the page now /w ?action=form, but there's no option anywhere either on that page or the backend (admin area) to add a form. It's 100% the fault of the wonky ass theme my wife put on the forum but I cannot find out why the theme is refusing to render the "Add New" button.

The Default Theme seems to work fine but if I can't get the buttons to work under this theme it won't solve the problem we're attempting to address.

Not sure what I can do to help you with that...    except maybe suggest a different theme. :D

Some themes do need tweaking.   The one I used on fx-sabers is a significantly customized version of Bloc's Studio-003 theme, but didn't have any issues with the buttons.

XRealismX,
reporting the post to SMF does nothing...   Mod  support is provided by the author(s) of the mod and sometimes by other users (in this case me). However, support for mods is not guaranteed...   It's one of the hazards of installing an add-on (SMF team only officially supports the core product). In your case, I have no idea...   I can not reproduce your issue(s) at all, therefore I can not comment further on how to fix them.
Слaва
Украинi

sera

I'm running into an issue where I can install this mod just fine, but when I go through Admin->Configuration->Modification Settings all I get is a blank, white page.  I saw that late last year someone suggested a tweak that fixed the issue, however, I'm not sure which file I should make the change in. 

We are running 2.0.15, and this is a fresh install as I slowly add in mods.  Thank you for your assistance!

Advertisement: