News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Vapor

Ok...i installed it anyway, it works (kinda)

I am having to re-do permissions on the forms every 24 hours or so. It's like the permissions just revert to Admin only (weird)

Here are the mods i have installed:

1.     Increase Number of Visitors (cheat)      1.0
2.    Advanced Reputation System    1.7.4
3.    Highslide Image Viewer    1.2
4.    SMF Media Gallery    1.5.6
5.    SMF Affiliates Mod    3.0.3
6.    Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles    1.2
7.    SMF Staff Page    1.6
8.    nCode Image Resizer    1.2
9.    SimplePortal    2.2.2
10.    Member Color Link    3.0.6
11.    Separate Sticky and Normal Topic    1.0
12.    Custom Form Mod

Help please :)

willerby

Finally gone live using Custom Forms for new members details then linking to Paypal and all of a sudden my required fields show the following next to them instead of having an asterix being highlighted in red...

style="color:#FF0000;" *

Any ideas why they won't just show a red asterix when not filled in?
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

C4G-TK

Quote from: V@POR on June 12, 2009, 11:49:54 AM
Ok...i installed it anyway, it works (kinda)

I am having to re-do permissions on the forms every 24 hours or so. It's like the permissions just revert to Admin only (weird)

This might be the same thing that I pointed out on one of the earlier pages with my other forum account.  It was something that the author is aware of, but I don't think has been fixed, yet.

For some reason the permissions are reset for a membergroup if you go into the main permissions page for that membergroup regardless of making changes. 

So, as an example:

-You make your forms able to be viewed by the regular membergroup via the mod.  :)
-This group will be able to see the form.  :)

-But, if you go into Admin > Members > Permissions and change something for the regular membergroup, it decides to delete that group from being able to see the form or tab.  >:(

You'll have to go back into the admin for the mod and select that group again in order for them to see the tab and forms again.  If this is what you are talking about, it has been pointed out, but right now, you just have to keep adding each membergroup you change or view under Admin > Members > Permissions.

BUT!  I did find a way to get around it deleting the permissions.  If you don't actually go into the membergroup permissions to look or change something and use the ADD/REMOVE permission from the Admin > Members > Permissions page (under the advanced options section at bottom of page) it will NOT remove the permissions that you keep having to re-assign!  :D

-img removed-

.Vapor

Sweet !

Thanks alot C4G .... i thought i was going crazy  ;)

canadiancray

I have installed this Mod. Everything installed fine. I am running version 1.1.9.

Made my first couple of forms but when I try to access any of the forms on the "index.php?action=form" page I get the same error.

QuoteMethod Not Implemented

GET to /forum/index.php not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas what could be causing this????

My Website error log says:
Quote[Sat Jun 13 12:14:39 2009] [error] [client 24.141.231.173] File does not exist: /home/camb9550/public_html/501.shtml, referer: http://www.cambridge-district-aquarium-society.ca/forum/index.php?action=form

Garou

V@POR, sounds like C4G-TK got you fixed up I thought this was fixed before I came on board as its not in my notes but Ill add it back in and see if I cant track it down for a more permanent fix.

willerby, have you edited your CustomForm.template.php at all? The code block should look like...
// Show the 'required' asterix if necessary.
if(!empty($field_data['required']))
echo '
<div ', !empty($field_data['failed']) ? 'style="color:#FF0000;"' : '' ,'> *</div>';

canadiancray, this is actually a problem caused by your host. The first thing to try is to the file permissions for the CustomForm.template.php and CustomForm.php to 644.

If that doesn't fix it then it could be a problem with your php.ini settings (depending on your server setup, you may have to contact your host to adjust this). Set "variables_order = EGPCS", you may also want to set "register_long_arrays" and "register_argc_argv" to "ON". Turning on the latter two can sometimes slow down server performance but leaving them off can cause GET statement errors like yours.

If that isn't it then your host may be running mod_security, version 2.1 and later has been know to cause many problems for a lot of php based software. There is a tendency for rule# 950006 to read false positives with many scripts and you will have to contact your host about bypassing it for your site or at least for CustomForm.template.php and CustomForm.php. Explain your problem and they will know best how to handle it.

canadiancray

I installed SMF2.0 RC1-1 & reinstalled the mod & the errors went away.

willerby

Quote from: Garou on June 13, 2009, 11:03:55 PM
willerby, have you edited your CustomForm.template.php at all? The code block should look like...
// Show the 'required' asterix if necessary.
if(!empty($field_data['required']))
echo '
<div ', !empty($field_data['failed']) ? 'style="color:#FF0000;"' : '' ,'> *</div>';

Its exactly that but for some reason on all browsers the asterisk changes to the coding when a required field in not input???

Garou

willerby, if you haven't modified your CustomForm.template.php, try dropping a fresh copy of the file on your server. I cant think of anything else that would be causing the problem other then the file being corrupted somehow. If you have modified the file, pop it up here and Ill take a look at it.

willerby

I have modified but not in this area or anything I can see is related. This was working fine until recently so not sure what has change (certainly nothing in this file)?

Attached php as requested - can you see anything wrong?
Thanks
W

Garou

Yep the file is messed up in a couple of places and has been modified as it looks like someone has tried to customize the example template. The line in question was wrong both in the modified example template and in the default template.

The attached file works fine now.  :)

willerby

Sorry Garou. I think somewhere I have ended up using a corrupt file, probably an ftp error when editing. I could have resolved this one myself but was sure it was working fine and hadn't made any changes, obviously I had.

Thanks for picking it up

German_AC

Hi, I just installed the mod under 1.1.9. Change my default language to English, but when I got to Custom Forms menu and try to create a new form, click the link Add form and nothing happens. The page reload but remains the same screen without any form created or added. Even if I try to change permisions and then Save, when page reload all permisions remain unchecked.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Artificial intelligence is not a rival for natural stupidity.

Garou

willerby, glad I could help.

German_AC. it sounds like the database didn't install correctly. You might be better off to uninstall and reinstall.

German_AC

I tried to reinstall, but afte install, when it redirects to setting page this error shows:

Not Found

The requested URL /action,featuresettings;sa=customform; was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

UPDATE: Well, now appear de configuration form, but Save button is not working. I mean, I create the form but when I click save, the page reload exactly as before and nothing happens.

German_AC

Well, foget about my last post. I finally got it working.

Nice mod! Thanks a lot!!

German_AC

Me again, I have a new problem. The mod appears to be working fine, but only for me as an admin. When regular users or moderators try to go to forum/index.php?action=form they are redirected to forum index.

Any help?

Oh, but the way, here is the modification.php file translated to spanish, or in case you alredy have this file, add the content to your currently instalation.

Garou

Thanks for the translation Ill add it to the next update.

As for the users not being able to get to the form list there is a setting for that in the admin section of the mod where you name your form page. It should say permissions. This is seperate from where you set up the actual form.

German_AC

Hi Garou, is a placer to colaborate.

What permissions are you saying?

I only have this options at the admin section:

If I check all chek boxes and save, nothing changes. When I open it again it still all unchecked.

In the two forms I created I have set permission too, I they are ok, they keep checked when I save.

Trying thing I found as a regular user a way to add to the forms, using index.php?action=form;id=1 but when I fill the form and click send the page refresh and the form is empty again and nothing is posted.

German_AC

Doing some research, I found that the problem is with my URL. I'm using Mambo bridge and when you go from mambo to smf the forum url became like this:

/index.php/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,47/

If an user try to post he got the same error over and over.

If he change the URL manually to:

/index.php?action=form

Then things works fine.

Is there any way to solve this??

Advertisement: