News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmaster83

That's what I did and still the error.

Clear smf_cf_fields
Clear smf_cf_forms

Change language of the Forum, remove mod, download and install the same mod. And the error still ...

View image:
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8053/85529425.png
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8787/19865280.png
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2457/70244442.png
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2695/33006012.png

DOES NOT WORK!  >:(

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

hmmm, strange, He will have to get to you on this one, I only know a few things about the mod.

Is your forum up and running normal though now? (without this mod)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Garou

There has been a problem with the database for this and some other mods not uninstalling since 2.0 RC1 I keep hoping that it will be fixed in an upcoming SMF release. Soon as I get a chance to test this on RC2 Ill find out if I still need to code some kind of work around for the next version of the mod.

The language strings are failing on install because the code that the mod is looking for isn't present. In other words one of the other mods you have installed changed or moved that hook and you have to manually make the changes. If you cant figure it out, attach the files here after the mod is installed and I will fix it for you. That's what's causing your help text [?] problem.

You might also want to attach your ./Sources/ManageSettings.php as I have a feeling that if it didn't uninstall properly you will end up with the code that is supposed to be in there, multiple times and it will need to be fixed manually as well as it will cause other problems in the future.

The problem with the language files could also be causing the "Numeric request keys are invalid.
" error, however in searching the forums here, I have found that error is usually caused by various SEO (search engine optimization) mods like "Pretty URL's" and others. If you have one of those installed you should try uninstalling it as well.

In fact now that you have posted your screen shots I'm convinced that something is messing with your URL's as in your image it says "/foro/form/?id=1 and it should say "/foro/index.php?action=form;id=1"

To be perfectly honest it sounds like your forum is pretty well screwed up right now, to make sure everything is right you might want to have some sort of expert take a look at it. Then again since its new and doesn't have any users yet, a better suggestion would be to just start all over and install the Custom Forms mod before any other mod. That will make sure that it installs properly and you will see that its one of the other mods that is causing your problem.

king kratos

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8053/85529425.png
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8787/19865280.png
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2457/70244442.png
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2695/33006012.png

This does seem to be more of a different mod/forum issue as compared to a Custom Form Mod issue. Looking at your form, I can say that it looks to be set up correctly. As long as each individual field doesn't have something screwy in the "Extra Type Parameters", your form looks just fine.

Like Garou said, the fact that your URL does not look correct, there is probably an error with a different mod you have installed. Please list the mods you have installed (and any you can remember uninstalling).

Kratos

Gmaster83

I checked Pretty and the other mods and found no problems.

Install SMF 2 RC1.2 original (in English) on my PC with WAMP. He gives the same problem when you submit a form.

Do the same and see that it's true. The problem is in the Custom Form MOD and not the forum nor in the other mods.

Greetings!.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Gmaster83 on October 11, 2009, 11:35:05 PM
I checked Pretty and the other mods and found no problems.

Install SMF 2 RC1.2 original (in English) on my PC with WAMP. He gives the same problem when you submit a form.

Do the same and see that it's true. The problem is in the Custom Form MOD and not the forum nor in the other mods.

Greetings!.

You have pretty urls, that's one of those mods that causes a lot of issues with other mods.
I have installed this mod on my forum and test form, despite a few bugs it works pretty much fine :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Gmaster83

You do not understand ... I think this translator to use is not very good.

I just install a clean forum (not Pretty) with only the Form and gives the same mistake in filling out and submitting a form. Which proves that is not problem of Pretty or any other mod, but a problem of Mod Form.

Your forum is SMF2 RC1.2 ??

Garou

The Test server I have set up om my home PC doesn't have the issue nor the multitude of live servers I have set this up on over the last year or so. I have never encountered this kind of error nor has anyone else ever mentioned it in the support thread.

That said I think you may be the first person ever to use only numbers for the Titles in your form fields. I went ahead and created a form on my test server and was able to replicate the problem with "Numeric request keys are invalid". The problem was solved by simply changing the Titles to q1, q2, q3 instead of 1, 2, 3.

I'm going to add this to my list of quirks with the mod, but I'm not going to call it a bug as this is extremely uncommon and most people wouldn't create a form that way. I will add the information in the help file for Titles in the next version to help others avoid the practice of using only numbers in the Title field as it may cause errors.

Gmaster83

Solved!. Thanks for your help!  :D :D :D

Gmaster83

Another problem, jejejeje. I made a form to be sent a post created in a section where the administrator has access only.

This form is to donate, so I need that created the post is only seen by the administrator.

If configured so that the post was created in a section where the user has no access, this generates an error.

There a solution?

king kratos

Quote from: Gmaster83 on October 12, 2009, 01:36:53 PM
Another problem, jejejeje. I made a form to be sent a post created in a section where the administrator has access only.

This form is to donate, so I need that created the post is only seen by the administrator.

If configured so that the post was created in a section where the user has no access, this generates an error.

There a solution?

Yep, see this post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.msg2264994#msg2264994

Use the "redirect this user as well" to send them to wherever you want after they submit the form.

Kratos

Garou

Thanksfor the help king kratos, you can also use the "custom action mod" but you don't really need an extra mod at all. You  can easily create a basic web page that says, "Thank you for completing our form.". Then use...
redirectexit('http://siteurl.com/thankyou.html');
Your options are limitless. :)

I was in the middle of coding this function directly into the mod itself when RC2 was released to Charter Members. There are a couple of issues with the mod on RC2 that need fixing, then Ill finish this function and release the mod with the other fixes and features I mentioned earlier. Then its on to coding even more features from my to do list.  :)

Gmaster83

Perfect!, Thanks, no more annoying!  :D

Spoogs

I saw this mod and figured it would work wonders on my site, i was able to install the mod seemingly successfully, i was able to create forms as instructed but was never able to view the forms at my mysite/index.php?action=form neither on smf default nor my default theme. I decided that i would just uninstall the mod and wait for the updates that have been talked about in the thread so far as they seem to be exactly what i was hoping. In these pics it shows what my screen looks like when i try to access the list of forms created, i also notice i dont have a forms button at the top the way some of the photos provided by others have.

or

After uninstalling the mod i was curious as to why it wouldn't work for me so i click apply mod to re-add the mod and hope to get some support but have been getting the following error message since the uninstall
Type of error: Database
Database Error: Table 'mafiawar_smf1.cf_forms' doesn't exist
Line: 45

I even get this message now when i try to install other mods. Any advice on how to fix this problem,  I am new to all this so I would appreciate some basic explanations. I know nothing at all about php and probably wouldnt know where to find most of the files i've seen talked about all over this form.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone can give me some help on this issue.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You will need to just delete those tables from the database manually then try to install again, i will work then :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Spoogs

trust me when i say i am really new to all this, where would i go to delete these tables.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

you would go to your phpmyadmin in your hosts cpanel and open the database, check off those 2 and only those 2 tables, then click drop tables.

I would recommend making a complete database backup before doing this, as your new to it and accidentally deleting the wrong database/table is the diffeence between a working forum and no forum.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Spoogs

ok will try that, thanks, also just realized that if had had just kept reading after page 41 i would have noticed you just recently explained this.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Yep, this is a small topic so far at only 41 pages, its quiet easy to find things out, once it gets to 200 pages, it starts getting hard to manually find things, there is a search feature, look at top right side, it will search this topic.

A search for those database errors would have taken you right to the page where I explained ;)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Garou

spoogs, first see if you can get to a form directly as in /index.php?action=form;id=1
If everything is working and the user belongs to a user group that has permission to view the form then it should display. If it does, then its possible you didn't set the permissions for "Form View Page Permissions". Its important to note that there is a bug where if you edit a usergroups permissions in the manage permissions area of SMF after the forms permissions have set up, the permissions in the form need to be set again. Hopefully Ill be able to fix this in the near future.

As a side note Ive almost finished with the changes need to work with RC2 and the problem with the database has been fixed not by me but in RC2 itself. I'm going to try and get some other features in before RC2 goes public but its ready to go seems to be working normally, existing bugs and all.  ;D

Advertisement: