News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derelicta

I'd like to say thank you very much to the creators of this mod.
It works perfectly on my SMF 2, and I dont' even know anything about php.
Just one thing. Please write in the MOD docs how to create automatically the content of a  topic. I've discovered just by chance that i had to use in the output form: {namefield}.

Thank you again.

Garou

Good suggestion, its been talked about here so many times I didn't realize that it wasn't in the help files. Ill add it into the next version.  :)

Spoogs

Quote from: Garou on October 14, 2009, 10:25:32 PM
spoogs, first see if you can get to a form directly as in /index.php?action=form;id=1
If everything is working and the user belongs to a user group that has permission to view the form then it should display. If it does, then its possible you didn't set the permissions for "Form View Page Permissions". Its important to note that there is a bug where if you edit a usergroups permissions in the manage permissions area of SMF after the forms permissions have set up, the permissions in the form need to be set again. Hopefully Ill be able to fix this in the near future.

As a side note Ive almost finished with the changes need to work with RC2 and the problem with the database has been fixed not by me but in RC2 itself. I'm going to try and get some other features in before RC2 goes public but its ready to go seems to be working normally, existing bugs and all.  ;D
Hey Garou, i wasnt able to access any form no matter what input i tried form id's all the way up to 10 even tho i only made 3 forms.

I deleted the tables as explained, i havent reinstalled the mod as i was just going to wait for the update anyway, there was another mod i tried to uninstall and i now get this error

Type     Action     Description
*    1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./index.php    Test failed
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful

by any chance would this be related to the current issue, if so what can i do?

Edit - custom form mod has been re-installed and works as intended, thanks for help, i'm very grateful.

Nvb

Garou,

I think my problem has passed by here, but i can't find any records of it.
So excuse me if i ask a question already posted...

This is the situation:
I want to use the information input from a form 2 times.

Let's say a user uses a form to input information.
Is there a way to use parts of that form 2 times?

1) the normal post in a public board.
2) Only parts of that same inputted form information into a separated 'admin' only board.
I also want to change the post information into an other text contect.

hold on i'll give an example:

A user gives this information:
- Name
- Place
- Telephone number

i want to create 2 posts in different boards from that one input.

Post 1:
Name
{Name}

Place
{Place}

Post 2 (in a different board then 1):
Name
{Name}

Place
{Place}

Sex
{Sex}

Phone
{Telephone Number}

Garou

NeQo, there is a hack that one of the users came up with a few pages back that allows forms to be posted in two boards. Right now I really cant add it to the mod because it forces every form to post in two boards and Ill have to figure out how to make it optional. That said it may solve part of your problem.

As far as splitting the info from one form between two different types of output, posting different parts of it to each... I honestly don't think its possible, I know for sure its not possible to do with this mod and I cant even think of a way to do it with a stand alone form unless there is way to pull it off with some sort of java script. That gets beyond what I even know how to do as I have very little java script knowledge but its the only thing I can think might work.

There is a mod that uses BBC to hide info from certain member groups in a post. I cant remember the name of it or if it will actually work. IIRC there is an issue with that mod that if another user uses the quote function it will show the hidden info no mater what their status. It is out there someplace though if you want to go looking for it and that's the only thing I can think of that comes close to what you want to do.

Nvb

Hmm, your solution is a bit complicated

So, not possible to have a 2e Form Output with a different board ID...?  :-[

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: NeQo on October 18, 2009, 01:42:58 PM
Hmm, your solution is a bit complicated

So, not possible to have a 2e Form Output with a different board ID...?  :-[

Not yet, its gonna be a lot of work to change, I already ask for a feature for the form filler to be able to choose the board(s) and its been added to the to do list for this mod.

It will likely be added in a newer version.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Garou

NeQo, like I said in the other post, thats the best we have right now. Once I can get it so you have a choice of whether or not you want 1 or 2 boards Ill get it in the mod. Right now there are a lot of requests and Im getting to them as best as I can so it might be a while and possibly multiple releases before we see it.

Johnccc that board selector will even take longer. The mod as written just cant do it, I tried. The entire mod would have to be re-written from scratch to be able to do that. That effectively moves it to the bottom of the list as I dont have the time to write such a complicated mod from scratch. When I started working this mod it was already done and working. I just keep it updated to work on current versions of SMF and add new features as I can figure out how to do them, sorry.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Yea, I'm willing to wait, I know it takes a lot of time and thinking to get these things working :)

Maybe the board selector and multi board posting can be one feature together, where with the form saying which boards with a drop down check box thing going on, this way you could post the form in may boards at one, of course this will help your average spammer, a limit on the amount of boards would solve that though.

With additions, equals more time and work on the mod authors part, which in most cases is worth waiting for :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Nvb

I know you put a lot of time and hard work in it, much appreciated!
Good to know you are taking all our requests in consideration.
(Must be a long list  ;))

Maybe another little question:

Can a form be published without the BBC tags?
I have tried to add the [nobcc ] [/nobbc] in the body of the Form Output, but it just dont work...

Like this

[nobbc ]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2" xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<Document>
<name>{Name} - {Cname}.kmz</name>
and so on....blablabla
[/nobbc]

(It works when i ,as admin, modify the post and save again, very strange.)

Is there a way to set this in the Custom Template Function or hardcode it in the Form output?

Actually this is a way to try and auto-generate *.kml files for further use in Google maps/earth.
But the form need to be published in xml.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

As long as your BBC works in general it should work here too as this form just sends the information you enter, plus the created variables as a normal post.

If your having a problem with BBcode tags, try it on a post normally, this will tell you if you have a BB code problem in general, or if its just this mod :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Nvb

Indeed, my bbc code works perfect.
It is even included in the posted form result, but you can't see it.

I need to open (modify) that post and save it again without changing anything in the body.
The nobbc tags are in place where they should be.

After saving the post is without bbc...

Strange!

Garou

Make sure you use "parse_bbc"  "Extra Type Parameters field". That way if you are using BBC in the Form Output or if you want your users to be able to use BBC in their entry then the BBC will work, otherwise BBC is not passed through the form by default.

Also note that if you want to use either URL or IMG tags in the Form Output you have to ask the users to not enter the http:// in their entry because it will automatically enter that in the field anyway so you will get that twice and links will not work. This is due to the way SMF has coded the box that we use for the Form Output and not really fixable but in looks like it will no longer be a problem in SMF RC2.

Nvb

Never mind, i give up.
It's not working!

Spoogs

i'm not sure if this has been asked already

When i create a field that requires multiple parameters such as select box and required.... it gives required as 1 of the options to select, is there anyway to correct this.

Also a suggestion maybe in future updates the extra parameters can be check boxes so we can check multiple parameters if needed. The space thats currently provided should just be used for text.

exmple:

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: spoogs on October 19, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
i'm not sure if this has been asked already

When i create a field that requires multiple parameters such as select box and required.... it gives required as 1 of the options to select, is there anyway to correct this.

Also a suggestion maybe in future updates the extra parameters can be check boxes so we can check multiple parameters if needed. The space thats currently provided should just be used for text.

exmple:

Why do you have looter and fighter in there ???

Thats for entering parameters like parse_bbc required field and some others. :)

Do you mean to ask, is it possible to use 2 parameters at once?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Spoogs

Looter and fighter are the options the poster would choose from the radio box... this would be a required field, but when i enter "required", it also gave required as an option.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

ok I got confused with Select Box and Required lol.

I see what your doing now :)

Radio buttons, aren't they required by default in general?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Spoogs

radio button just happen to be the last option i tried, i realized that any of the option whether "radio, select, or check box" they all did the same thing. i wanted to make it required that they choose an option but it shows "required" as one of the option  :P

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: spoogs on October 19, 2009, 03:31:19 PM
radio button just happen to be the last option i tried, i realized that any of the option whether "radio, select, or check box" they all did the same thing. i wanted to make it required that they choose an option but it shows "required" as one of the option  :P

Did you just try making the buttons without having "required" in the parameters area.

I mean, every single time I see multi-choice radio buttons, there almost all the time must choose 1, thus required.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: