Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

thats what i ended up doing for now... (any logical person would think so, but sadly i dont have all logical posters)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: spoogs on October 19, 2009, 03:41:37 PM
thats what i ended up doing for now... (any logical person would think so, but sadly i dont have all logical posters)

So with that set like that, your not required to choose one?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Garou

NeQo, that's odd unless you changed something else in another file along the way, just dropping the original in should work. For starters it looks like its not reading the language strings for some reason. What errors are you getting in your error log?

The hack to get the form to post in multiple boards was in Largo_npc'a post at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.msg2235951#msg2235951 It doesn't modify the ./Themes/default/CustomForm.template.php just the ./Sources/CustomForm.php. Were you trying to accomplish something else?

Go ahead and attach both of the files listed above as well as your ./Sources/ManageSettings.php (./Sources/ModSettings.php if using the 1.1.x version of  SMF) and ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php whatever is messed up will be in one of those 4 files. Ill get it fixed and add the the multiple boards hack for you, it shouldn't be that hard.  :)

spoogs, At present you cant require select and radio boxes, its on the to do list but it will require a big change to the way the mod works so I haven't worked on it yet. The change will be removing, required and probably parse_bbc from the Extra Type Parameters field and creating check boxes for them. It entails more work then that but that's the short version.   ;)

For now the way it works, Radio boxes can not be required and will not display anything without user input. Selection boxes will always post the first option in the list unless the user picks something else. Entering "required" in the Extra Type Parameters is going to display required as one of your selections and then may or may not work as expected.

Spoogs

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on October 19, 2009, 03:49:36 PM
Quote from: spoogs on October 19, 2009, 03:41:37 PM

So with that set like that, your not required to choose one?
They are required to choose one but u know not everyone does what they are suppose to... its really 5 options that will be there.

Its not the biggest deal for now if they skip it but it would be nice to make it a required field so they cant submit the form without choosing.

Spoogs

I have a few boards which require new topics to be hidden until approved, however the forms seem be overriding that function, is there a way to correct this... maybe i'm just overlooking something

Garou

The forms do not override that function, you set up the board permissions like you would any other board. If you don't want a member group to be able to see that board then you don't give access to that board in the board permissions. The form will post to the board even if the user does not have access to the board.

If you haven't edited the redirect function as described a while back the user will be directed to the board but they will receive a message from SMF telling them that they are trying to access an area of SMF that they do not have permission to.

Spoogs

i have a board where the posts need to be approved by a moderator before its shown.... when the form is used on that board it shows instantly without a moderators approval.

Every other topic stays hidden until approved (only the forms show right away)

Garou

Well just like a the forms allow you to bypass a users ability to post to a board that they normally wouldn't have access to, it will bypass the approval function. Have the form post to a board that users don't have access to and then if you approve of it them move it to the correct board. Its pretty much the same thing just a slightly different way of doing it.

Spoogs

Quote from: Garou on October 24, 2009, 03:31:34 AM
Well just like a the forms allow you to bypass a users ability to post to a board that they normally wouldn't have access to, it will bypass the approval function. Have the form post to a board that users don't have access to and then if you approve of it them move it to the correct board. Its pretty much the same thing just a slightly different way of doing it.
hmmmm hadnt thought of that thanks, will see how it goes (as this board is pretty active at times)

C4G-TK

How do I get the forms to appear alphabetically when someone views the "action=form" page?

I think it makes more sense to have them list in alphabetical order than some random order.  I know it would make it easier for people to find the correct one.

-img removed-

FireDitto

I had 1.4 installed, and created several forms with it.

However, when I changed it to 1.5, I can no longer choose which board I want to have it sent to; it just remains on "0 ("Invalid Board")" I've attached a screen cap. Those forms already attached to a board when I used 1.4, are unable to have that board changed, and appear as per the screen shot.

... How do I go about fixing this?
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Garou

C4G-TK, the forms should appear numerically in the order they were created, form_id=1, form_id=2, form_id=3, etc.

FireDitto, it appears that the mod didn't install correctly. Compare your ./Sources/ManageSettings.php to the changes in the package parser.

FireDitto

Quote from: Garou on October 24, 2009, 06:18:28 PM
FireDitto, it appears that the mod didn't install correctly. Compare your ./Sources/ManageSettings.php to the changes in the package parser.

Ah... I don't appear to have a ./Sources/ManageSettings.php file?

I have everything from ./Sources/ManageAttachments.php to ./Sources/ManageTimezones.php

The only ManageS files I have are:
Search, Server and Smileys

Also, when I ask for the manual instructions for 1.1.10, it tells me it is unavailable...

Garou

Ah you are using 1.1.10. First off you need to check ./Sources/ModSettings.php instead of ManageSettings Its just a slight change between the two versions.

Also due to the complexity of this mod we have two separate versions of the mod, one for SMF 1.1.x and one for 2.x. Once RC2 is public there will end up being 3 versions of the mod for a while as the RC2 version isn't compatible with prior versions of 2.0. Once people have had ample time to upgrade, this mod will no longer support versions of 2.0 prior to RC2.

In any case the parsed version of the 1.1.x mod can be found at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1279;attach=109550;smf_version=1.1.10

FireDitto

Thanks, I've managed to fix it and it works properly now. =)

Deathvein

I've successfully managed to install this mod, and I've made a couple of forms, but when I go to the form list (index.php?action=form), there are no forms there.

I am presented with a table with three columns: Title, Board and View. Underneath that, it just says 'This list is currently empty.'

Any ideas on how this can be fixed? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Garou

Can you view them in the list as admin? If you can and your members cant see them you have to set the permissions.

I also forgot to ask if you can view a form by going to it directly? Something like yoursite.com/forum/index.php?action=form;id=1

Deathvein

Quote from: Garou on October 28, 2009, 06:24:36 PM
Can you view them in the list as admin? If you can and your members cant see them you have to set the permissions.

I also forgot to ask if you can view a form by going to it directly? Something like yoursite.com/forum/index.php?action=form;id=1 [nofollow]

Nope, I can't view the list as an admin. I also tried a direct link, and that didn't work either. :-\

Garou

If you can not see the form or form list as an admin then either the form is not set up correctly or the mod did not install correctly.

Here is instructions on how to create a form http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.msg1633514#msg1633514

Also remember that you can not use capital letters, spaces, or special characters other then an underscore in the Form Fields Title. It has been known to cause a variety of issues with forms. For instance fieldname or field_name will work, Field Name, FieldName, field name, Field name etc. will not in most cases.

The Goblin

Hello,

I think this mod is awesome and Im so glad that I found it.  I finally figured out how to create my form  :D

I know others have had this problem too from reading all 44 pages.

My Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC1.2
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0 RC1.2

I fill out the form and hit save and it sends it to the thread that I want.  when I get directed there (which Im going to change soon)  there is nothing there but an empty post.

Not sure where to go to fix this problem with version SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Thanks bunches  :D

Advertisement: