News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king kratos

I sounds to me like you have not filled out the "Form Output" section. Just use the form field titles in this format: {example} in the "Form Output" section. Also, make sure you click save or your changes will not be saved.

See the attached screenshot to understand what I mean.

Kratos

king kratos

Well, I have not heard of this problem. The mod's author is really good about getting back to users in this thread, so I'll let him take care of this.

Sorry,

Kratos

The Goblin

Quote from: king kratos on October 29, 2009, 06:39:10 PM
Well, I have not heard of this problem. The mod's author is really good about getting back to users in this thread, so I'll let him take care of this.

Sorry,

Kratos

You did help me thank you so much. 

All I had was
{name}

I put in this...
Name {name}

and it worked.  I had to have both for it to show  :D

Go figure it was that simple.

Garou

hmmm interesting You should be able to enter just the {tag} and whatever the user enters in the appropriate field should post.

The Goblin

Quote from: Garou on October 29, 2009, 07:09:53 PM
hmmm interesting You should be able to enter just the {tag} and whatever the user enters in the appropriate field should post.

That is what I thought, but for some reason I have to enter the exact words I want it to say along with the {} or it sends a blank post.

bros

Hm. I know this is totally outlandish, but could there be a way to have a form keep adding to a message?

Garou

You mean post to the same topic rather then creating a new topic? If so that is on the to do list already.

bros

Quote from: Garou on October 30, 2009, 03:21:00 PM
You mean post to the same topic rather then creating a new topic? If so that is on the to do list already.

Yeah, that is what I meant :P

bros

I just tried to update to the new version of the mod, got this error:
Table 'xxxx_smf1.cf_forms' doesn't exist
File: /home/xxxx/public_html/boards/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 45

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0 RC1.2, while your database is at version 2.0 RC1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

That table does exist

Garou

You have to manually remove the database tables for cf_forms and cf_fields using phpmyadmin or similar utility prior to re installing the mod. This is due to a bug in SMF 2.0 but it looks like its fixed in RC2.

If you don't want to have to recreate your existing forms make a backup of the tables prior to deleting them. Then install the mod and drop the old tables back in.

hellbilly

After some reading through this post i got the mod working on my guilds website, the only problem im having now is the form shows in the center block and it doesn't fill the entire section.
as you can see by visiting: http://forum.aion-atrophy.net/index.php?action=form;id=1 [nofollow]

Im not very savvy with this type of stuff, i was barely able to get the site functioning properly..
Is there any simple way to make the application form fill the entire space in between the left/right blocks?

edit: temporarily allowing guests to view the form.

bros

Garou

hellbilly, part of that is due to the portal but try editing the CustomForm.template.php in your themes directory where it says

// Generic template for showing the submit form page.
function form_template_submit_form()
{
global $context, $txt, $settings, $scripturl;

// Starting text for the form and tables. Don't muck with this unless you need to change the style!!!  ;)
echo '
<form action="', $context['post_url'], '" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<table width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tborder" align="center">
<tr>

change table width="80%" change to 100% and see if that makes it a little better.

hellbilly

Quote from: Garou on October 30, 2009, 06:37:35 PM
hellbilly, part of that is due to the portal but try editing the CustomForm.template.php in your themes directory where it says

// Generic template for showing the submit form page.
function form_template_submit_form()
{
global $context, $txt, $settings, $scripturl;

// Starting text for the form and tables. Don't muck with this unless you need to change the style!!!  ;)
echo '
<form action="', $context['post_url'], '" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<table width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tborder" align="center">
<tr>

change table width="80%" change to 100% and see if that makes it a little better.

you rock.. simple and worked perfectly.

Thank you very much. you just saved me from bashing my head into the keyboard :p

Mario

To it my me works quite correctly unless the content of the post is empty.

Someone knows because

Garou

Mario, I'm not sure I understand what you are having a problem with.
Is the data the user enters not being passed to the post? Have you entered something in the Form Output:?
Do you mean that your user's are not filling out the form? If so try requiring some fields.

Have you read http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.msg1633514#msg1633514
It provides a pretty good example of how to create a form.

- = Orfeo = -

Guys! i need your help with this mod!  :o

i read the fragacampos post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.msg2241024#msg2241024

But i have a question:

How make a question for this button (ex. if the ID_Board =15 then search a id_form that have associated this ID_Board (15)) then send me directly to index.php?action=form;id=(id_form) when i click in this button?

And if this id_board have associated some id_form, else don't show the button?  :(  :o

Garou

I do plan to add a feature for the "new topic" button sometime in the future but as for hiding it if there isn't a form present gets even more complicated as the new topic button is a global feature and any such code would probably hide the button for all boards.

I would suggest just making the board read or reply only. That way no user could create a post in the board unless they are an admin or moderator.

If you are using SMF 2.0 you can create a child board within that board that is a redirect to the form you want to use. This is what I do on my sites now and it works quite well.

If you are using 1.1.x then there is a mod Redirection Boards that does the same thing.

That said, if you really must have this feature you might want to try the help wanted board but its beyond anything I have the time or knowledge to do right now.

king kratos

Something really weird has started happening to my custom forms permissions recently.  As I have just learned about how to create new permissions, I tried looking into this myself, but cannot figure it out.

Here's the scoop; I have three custom primary membergroups set up (Student, Parent, Leader). I have various forms that allow different primary membergroups access to them. Whenever I make a change to one of the primary membergroups' permissions (the full permissions control found in admin panel under members section), they automatically loose their permissions for Custom Forms Mod.

Example: I have a form called Incident Reports and Leaders are the only group allowed to see/use this form. I recently went into the Leaders permissions and added some new permissions for the SMF Quiz I installed. I saved the permissions and about a day later I had a leader complain to me that they could not access the Incident Reports or the Prayer Request forms. they said that when they click on the "redirect to a url" board I have set up to take them to the forms quickly, they are simply sent back to the forum. I checked in the custom forms mod and the permission just to access the forms had put the leaders back to not allow. Along with that, all of the forms that leaders had access to had done the same thing as well. I had to manually give Leaders permissions to view the forms again.

This has happened with all three primary membergroups as well as the default guests membergroup. I have two forms that guests are allowed to use and when I changed their permissions for the SMF Quiz, they also lost access to the forms they were allowed to see/use.

I would really appreciated some help and advise on this issue. Thus far, I have been able to remember that if I change a membergroups permissions, I also must give them access back in the custom forms. However, I cannot continue this way much longer and need to figure this out.

Thank you,
Kratos

Mario

Thank you Garou, already which was my failure.

In the form output have not written nothing.

Pass 6 of the message that you me link

Advertisement: