News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Urgent Help Needed! Pleeease!

Started by Nica, July 10, 2008, 07:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nica

Please help urgently needed!

I was attempting to uninstall Downloads Mod which has been creating problems and not functioning properly.
I used the instructions from the parser.
But I must have delete a line or dot or something that wasn't supposed to be.

Now there is a hude block of text at the top of my index page.

//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings $txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF'; $txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery'; $txt['smfgallery_version'] = '1.0 Lite'; $txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration'; //Permissions $txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.'; //END SMF Gallery Text Strings $txt['pmi_title'] = 'You have %s message(s) unread!'; $txt['pmi_view_all'] = '[View All]'; ?>
mom-me-dearest.com    

I was to find this text below and replace it with *?>*

// Begin Download System Text Strings
$txt['downloads_menu'] = 'Downloads';
$txt['downloads_admin'] = 'Downloads Configuration';

The  block of text above is the text that is appearing right afer the spot I was to delete and replace in.
How how I find exactly how that file should be. I should have back it up obviously >:(

Can anyone help me.

I have a BIG sponsor excited about that site and considering sponsoring the project. PLEEEEEEEEESE help.

Attached is the file
smf1.1.5 Default

SlammedDime

There's nothing wrong with the file you posted.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Nica

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 10, 2008, 07:25:51 PM
There's nothing wrong with the file you posted.

But then why the block of text on the forum. I see a line about clickable images that looks out of place. I may be wrong.
How can I remove the text from the forum?

Rumbaar

"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Nica

Quote from: Rumbaar on July 10, 2008, 07:41:10 PM
No need for this topic, keep it in here:
Not Acceptable

I apologize. I know that multiple posting is a no no. Very sorry. Lost my mind for a minute. :o

Nica

I think the boo boo is in here somewhere. The clickable images line looks out of pace. This was so avoidable if i had only backed the file up.

?>

$txt['clickable image'] = 'clickable image';

// Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_downloads'] = 'Downloads System';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_view'] = 'View Downloads';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Downloads';
$txt['cannot_downloads_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Downloads';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_add'] = 'Add Download';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a download.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_edit'] = 'Edit own Download';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit their own download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit that download';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_delete'] = 'Delete own Download';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete their own download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete that download.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_ratefile'] = 'Rate Downloads';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_ratefile'] = 'Allows the user to rate a file.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_ratefile'] = 'You are not allowed to rate that file.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_editcomment'] = 'Edit own Comment';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_editcomment'] = 'Allows the user to edit their own comments.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_editcomment'] = 'You are not allowed to edit that comment.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_report'] = 'Allows the user to report downloads and comments.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_autocomment'] = 'Auto Approve Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_autocomment'] = 'Comments do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Downloads';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_autoapprove'] = 'Downloads do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_manage'] = 'Admin Download System';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Downloads, Approve Downloads';
$txt['cannot_downloads_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage the downloads.';

// END Download System Text Strings         

?>

Rumbaar

Check the attached file again, that isn't the same one you seem to be working on.  As there is no ?> code in the attached file.

In the attached file you've posted first post, just delete the following and only the following.  Then save.

// Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_downloads'] = 'Downloads System';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_view'] = 'View Downloads';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Downloads';
$txt['cannot_downloads_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Downloads';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_add'] = 'Add Download';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a download.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_edit'] = 'Edit own Download';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit their own download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit that download';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_delete'] = 'Delete own Download';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete their own download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete that download.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_ratefile'] = 'Rate Downloads';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_ratefile'] = 'Allows the user to rate a file.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_ratefile'] = 'You are not allowed to rate that file.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_editcomment'] = 'Edit own Comment';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_editcomment'] = 'Allows the user to edit their own comments.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_editcomment'] = 'You are not allowed to edit that comment.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a download.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_report'] = 'Allows the user to report downloads and comments.';
$txt['cannot_downloads_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_autocomment'] = 'Auto Approve Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_autocomment'] = 'Comments do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Downloads';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_autoapprove'] = 'Downloads do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_downloads_manage'] = 'Admin Download System';
$txt['permissionhelp_downloads_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Downloads, Approve Downloads';
$txt['cannot_downloads_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage the downloads.';

// END Download System Text Strings
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Nica

Would removing that block of text from the file help or make things worst. It is from SMF Gallery which i do not have insalled currently. I assumed all those codes would be gone as I did not see any sign of the gallery after i uninstalled it

By the way...Ifinally got Voda Host to disable mod security. And the 403 error is still happening so it must not have been that. I think it was download mod causing the problem or something I did regarding it.

Nica

This isthe correct file. I may have attachedwrong one as there wer 2 on my desktop Mod.Setting and Mod.eng

Nica

I deleted that section and the block of text remains on the index page. It is the block of text below the one I deleted in the file.

Rumbaar

That file isn't the one that is current on your server, either.  Upload this attached file to /Themes/default/languages folder.  Make sure there isn't a version in your custom themes folder as well.

[ Themes ]

Nica

Quote from: Rumbaar on July 10, 2008, 08:25:10 PM
That file isn't the one that is current on your server, either.  Upload this attached file to /Themes/default/languages folder.  Make sure there isn't a version in your custom themes folder as well.

I deleted the file that was there...uploaded the one you suggested and there is no change in the big block on the index page.
I am using the dark red variation of default theme.
I switched to Core Default and the block is still there.

Nica

I am thinking of installing smf again with the same mods just to be able to copy that file again. Because I have too many members and crucial posts to start all over from scratch.

Go ahead and tell me if that's a stupid idea...cause I can take it. But there is a WHOLE lot on the line here. So it can't be any stupidier han what i already did.  Can it?

Rumbaar

Are we dealing with the same forum in your signature? As I hit that forum and get no body of text or anything appearing out of the ordinary.  Try a hard refresh of your page, or clear your browsers cache.  But this is as a guest.

[ Themes ]

Nica

Quote from: Rumbaar on July 10, 2008, 08:53:10 PM
Are we dealing with the same forum in your signature? As I hit that forum and get no body of text or anything appearing out of the ordinary.  Try a hard refresh of your page, or clear your browsers cache.  But this is as a guest.

Yes that's it. The pages outside of the forum are fine. But I'm going to clear cache.

Nica

I cleared cookie, and the cache and restarted the browser and I still see it. I have a another laptop and it is showing there as well as on a third pc in the house.
http://mom-me-dearest.com/MomMe/index.php

Rumbaar

Can you supply a test account, as it's not showing as guest.  Or can you log out and see if you still get the issue?

What is the folder path for the Modification.english.php file you are editing on your server?

[ Themes ]

Nica

home/dybxlja/public_html/MomMe/themes/default/languages/modifications.eng.php

When I. log out an in as another member It does not appear

Nica

Quote from: Nica on July 10, 2008, 09:31:33 PM
home/dybxlja/public_html/MomMe/themes/default/languages/modifications.eng.php

When I. log out an in as another member It does not appear
It is only showing in Admin

Rumbaar

Is that the 100% correct file name modifications.eng.php?  As it suppose to be Modifications.english.php for it to work with your current default language settings.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: