News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Is it going to get me a ?...?

Started by rakuli, March 02, 2005, 10:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakuli

Hi.
I am creating a site at the moment and in the forum section I have created a theme and I am currently creating a custom button set.
The buttons from the SMF classic theme suit the color scheme of my site perfectly and I was wondering if it would be a problem if instead of making entirely new buttons I simply changed the picture on some of the buttons.
I can't post an example beacuse the site is not online and under development .
Just to give an idea of what I would like to do....
Th buttons on this forum eg. .
I would be replacing the house and the question mark with pictures of my own but still use the same shape, color and font for some of the buttons. :D
What I want to know is, is this allowed?. I can understand that someone worked pretty hard on the buttons in the classic SMF theme and if they want me to create completely new buttons and not add to theirs then that's what I want to know.

Jerry

The buttons from the theme used on this site can't be used.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Dem0n

Majority of the buttons here are copyrighted. The best way to be safe is to email the author of the buttons you wish to alter.

[Unknown]

If you mean the *classic* YaBB SE theme (distributed with SMF) you can change the buttons as you wish.

-[Unknown]

rakuli

QuoteIf you mean the *classic* YaBB SE theme (distributed with SMF) you can change the buttons as you wish.
Yes, that's what I mean.
Apologies, my site isn't online so I just used the buttons from this forum as an example. Thanks[Unknown], I will now continue to work on my button set.

Advertisement: